Windows 10: Messed up partitiion boot files

Discus and support Messed up partitiion boot files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I start up my Lenovo T420 laptop, I get "Your PC/Device needs to be repaired..." with an error code of 0xc0000225. I've gone down the rabbit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jazzzbo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. jazzzbo Win User

Messed up partitiion boot files

When I start up my Lenovo T420 laptop, I get

"Your PC/Device needs to be repaired..."
    with an error code of 0xc0000225.

I've gone down the rabbit hole on Youtube - there are a lot of similar suggestions. None of them work.

The good news is that I can hit f9 and win 10 ( 20H2) boots up and works just fine.

So the problem is that it's annoying to not have the laptop working correctly.

The Samsung SSD is GPT, so I can't use the techniques that would typically fix the MBR (although I've tried!). I'm at a loss as to what to do.

Does anyone have a good Idea that might work?

:)

jazzzbo, Mar 16, 2021
  2. jazzzbo Win User

When I start up my Lenovo T420 laptop, I get

"Your PC/Device needs to be repaired..."
    with an error code of 0xc0000225.

I've gone down the rabbit hole on Youtube - there are a lot of similar suggestions. None of them work.

The good news is that I can hit f9 and win 10 ( 20H2) boots up and works just fine.

So the problem is that it's annoying to not have the laptop working correctly.

The Samsung SSD is GPT, so I can't use the techniques that would typically fix the MBR (although I've tried!). I'm at a loss as to what to do.

Does anyone have a good Idea that might work?

jazzzbo, Mar 16, 2021
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Mar 16, 2021
  4. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Messed up partitiion boot files - Similar Threads - Messed partitiion boot

2. Clean boot mess up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean boot mess up.: My laptop kept crashing for the past few times so I went to try and do a clean boot. Apparently, after the restart, I can't sign in or use my pin number. A reset doesn't seem to work nor system repair. Is there anything I can do or I gotta get a new laptop?...
  3. Clean boot mess up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean boot mess up.: My laptop kept crashing for the past few times so I went to try and do a clean boot. Apparently, after the restart, I can't sign in or use my pin number. A reset doesn't seem to work nor system repair. Is there anything I can do or I gotta get a new laptop?...
  4. File explorer messed up by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer messed up by itself: All of a sudden, after a reboot, File Explorer on Windows 11 decided to break and is currently in an unusable state.Basically I have only "Home" and "Desktop" in the navigation Pane. See screenshots.Below "Desktop" I find all the folders of the computer. On my Desktop I see...
  5. File explorer messed up by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer messed up by itself: All of a sudden, after a reboot, File Explorer on Windows 11 decided to break and is currently in an unusable state.Basically I have only "Home" and "Desktop" in the navigation Pane. See screenshots.Below "Desktop" I find all the folders of the computer. On my Desktop I see...
  6. Boot Drive messed up? please help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot Drive messed up? please help!: So, I was doing the Guru3D Display Driver Uninstaller, and I did all that, and it restarted and then it says “A disk read error occurred, press ctrl alt del to restart” and i don’t know what to do!!!! submitted by /u/FalconzBeast [link] [comments]...
  7. dual boot mess up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    dual boot mess up: I installed pop os from a video that worked in the past to upgrade to a new version of pop os, now the boot menu when I hit f12 won't see windows 10 install on my separate drive. It just says intel where windows boot manager should be. I troubleshooted with the windows boot...
  8. Dual Boot Partitions Messed Up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Boot Partitions Messed Up: I am trying to dual boot OSX and Windows 10 on my desktop computer. OSX is fully installed, and I have created Windows 10 install media on a flash drive. I am able to boot into the installer, but when I tell the installer to install in the unallocated space ~250gb, it...
  9. Boot order is messed up...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot order is messed up...: So, I installed Ubuntu on my computer (previously i had Win 10) and I think I managed to mess up the boot order in the process. I wiped the disk and attempted to install Win 10 again (via USB stick made with MediaCreationTool) and received an error from the Windows Boot...
  10. I messed up a clean boot

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I messed up a clean boot: Something was wrong with my computer so i tried to do a clean boot. I messed up and accidentally disabled all programs and restarted the computer so now my computer wont let me login. It keeps saying my passwords incorrect and there is no internet connection. I did...