Windows 10: Messed up system after macrium restore

Discus and support Messed up system after macrium restore in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I restored a macrium image but system is not what it shoud be, I have the "restore" partition (win 8.1) mapped as "D" drive and what used to be "D"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by roy111, Sep 16, 2018.

1. roy111 Win User

Messed up system after macrium restore

I restored a macrium image but system is not what it shoud be, I have the "restore" partition (win 8.1) mapped as "D" drive and what used to be "D" drive is now "F".

Any Idea? is it possible to fix this? Thanks!

Messed up system after macrium restore [​IMG]

:)

roy111, Sep 16, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Messed up system after macrium restore [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Sep 16, 2018
  3. Cliff S Win User
    New Macrium Reflect Updates

Something I found interesting:
    New Feature: Automatic System Restore Macrium Software Blog

Cliff S, Sep 16, 2018
  4. Messed up system after macrium restore

System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

Messed up system after macrium restore

1. Messed up system after macrium restore - Similar Threads - Messed system macrium

2. system messed up restoring it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system messed up restoring it.: I restored my system with a restore point, after which I had to reinstall everything, I use a program called Daz Studio, I have paid a lot of money for add ons for it, in fact hundreds.I can no longer install these items all I get is the following message and a complete run...
  3. system messed up restoring it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system messed up restoring it.: I restored my system with a restore point, after which I had to reinstall everything, I use a program called Daz Studio, I have paid a lot of money for add ons for it, in fact hundreds.I can no longer install these items all I get is the following message and a complete run...
  4. system messed up restoring it.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Running Macrium destroys System Restore points

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Running Macrium destroys System Restore points: Sorry for repeating a question I've asked here before, but I've still not been able to fix it. Before installing Macrium my restore points remained intact for as long as I wished or until storage capacity was reached, which was a matter of MONTHS. After installing Macrium...
  6. Running Macrium destroys System Restore points

in Windows 10 Support
    Running Macrium destroys System Restore points: Sorry for repeating a question I've asked here before, but I've still not been able to fix it. Before installing Macrium my restore points remained intact for as long as I wished or until storage capacity was reached, which was a matter of MONTHS. After installing Macrium...
  7. After Macrium restore, Computer stuck updating system

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    After Macrium restore, Computer stuck updating system: I got into trouble trying to figure out that "create an association in default programs." Whatever I did, the machine kept restarting so I just decided to restore from the morning's fresh image. Now it's stuck. I've restored from Macrium quite a few times without incident....
  8. Can Macrium restore an MS System Image?

Can Macrium restore an MS System Image?: Somewhere I saw someone state that Macrium can restore MS System Images. Anyone know if it can? I can't ask on their forum as you can only register after you buy the product and I tried emailing their contact - L: [email protected] but the emails bounce as spam. Not very...
  9. Macrium reflect system restore function?

Macrium reflect system restore function?: Hi I was wondering does macrium reflect have a system restore like function? I'm asking since I think I remember someone saying it had a similar function without having to backup a full image? 111698
  10. Macrium reflect system restore like function?

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium reflect system restore like function?: Hi I was wondering does macrium reflect have a system restore like function? I'm asking since I think I remember someone saying it had a similar function without having to backup a full image? 111698