Windows 10: messed up user accounts

Discus and support messed up user accounts in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; ok, got a win 10 pc for a friends mum from ebay. It came with the only account called User. I added another local account I then seen a video on YT... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by bjproc, Dec 11, 2020.

1. bjproc Win User

messed up user accounts

ok, got a win 10 pc for a friends mum from ebay. It came with the only account called User.

I added another local account

I then seen a video on YT to right click the start button, computer management, local user & groups and rename Administrator account to what i needed, which i did. also deleted the "User" account.

now, on restarting the computer it only gives the local account option to start and doesn't show the admin account.

Is there a way to fix this?

:)

bjproc, Dec 11, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Dec 11, 2020
  3. Lost User Account

After upgrading from Window 7 to 10, I lost my wife's User Account got messed up, using my email address and login password, with no ability to change them. I received the reply below, but still have problems:

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with user accounts, we will help you to resolve this issue.

I would like to inform that there can be only one Microsoft user account on one device, and that might be the reason you are unable to change the email address for the user account.

I suggest you to create a new account (Local account) on your computer and transfer the content to newly created user account.

Step 1: Creating a new user account

• Type cmd in the Search bar form the desktop.
    • Now, Right-click on cmd.exe from the result and select Run As Administrator.
    • User Account Control or UAC dialog box will appear, click on Yes.
    • Type net user username password /add

[Replace ‘username’ and ‘password’ with your desired username and password]

Step 2. Copying old files to newly created User Profile

• Go to C:\Users\(Your-Corrupted-
    • Copy all files except three files:

• NtUser.dat

• NtUser.ini

• NtUser.log
    3. Go to C:\Users\(New-User-Profile-

4. Paste all those copied files here.

I tried to create a new user account as in Step 1, but when I put in the command as written above, I kept getting messages about correct syntax for the command. No matter what I tried, it wouldn't work. I
    then tried to set up a new account using the Settings/Accounts/"Add someone else to this PC" menu. I set up the account, but no folder was created under C:\Users\. I tried adding a folder using the new accounts user name and transferred the files from the
    other account. When I tried to log in, I received the same error message. I am at a loss as to how to get back the user account with the correct username, email address, and password. HELP!!!

LouisHafken, Dec 11, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

messed up user accounts

I can't rename my user account

Hello Owen,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Are you using a Microsoft account or local account?
    If you are using local account, I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the user name.

Please follow the steps to rename the user account in Windows 10.

a. In the search box, type user accounts and click on User Accounts.

b. Click on “Change your account name”

c. If it’s prompting for password please enter and click on Yes. If you do not have password click on Yes.

d. Enter the new user name.

e. Click on change name.

If you face any more issues while working with Windows do post on Microsoft Community Forum.

Arul_D, Dec 11, 2020
Thema:

messed up user accounts

1. messed up user accounts - Similar Threads - messed user accounts

2. Really messed up user accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Really messed up user accounts: My laptop is running Windows 10 Home. I was trying to create an additional user account and somehow messed up my main account. It appears that instead of creating a new account I told it to log into my windows account with a local account instead of my Microsoft account. What...
  3. Really messed up user accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Really messed up user accounts: My laptop is running Windows 10 Home. I was trying to create an additional user account and somehow messed up my main account. It appears that instead of creating a new account I told it to log into my windows account with a local account instead of my Microsoft account. What...
  4. Really messed up user accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Messed up User rights

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Messed up User rights: Hi, I used a tool the gain access to system folders to clean my system. Everything worked well. I was trying to restet the user rightes and messed up big time. My question, how can I restore all rights back to default. The Problem is I just set the rights for the discs...
  6. User Account Messed up after Upgrade

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Account Messed up after Upgrade: I was working on a friend's PC yesterday and could not get a windows update to install.This update was a upgrade from v1909 Build 18363.628 to the latest v19041.450.I used the Microsoft Windows 10 Update Assistant to do this upgrade finally after the windows updates failed to...
  7. are my user accounts messed up?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    are my user accounts messed up?: I'm not sure if I'm worrying for nothing, but here goes... I'm running Win10 ver 1909 (build 18363-959) on a Toshiba Satellite laptop. I was logged into my "steve" account - which is an admin account. I saved a picture from Ifranview64 to the Documents folder. Going online...
  8. are my user accounts messed up?

in Windows 10 Support
    are my user accounts messed up?: I'm not sure if I'm worrying for nothing, but here goes... I'm running Win10 ver 1909 (build 18363-959) on a Toshiba Satellite laptop. I was logged into my "steve" account - which is an admin account. I saved a picture from Ifranview64 to the Documents folder. Going online...
  9. User account mess up

in Windows 10 Support
    User account mess up: Interesting problem yesterday. I was logged in on a local account without password. I went to the accounts settings to select the option to switch to an MS account. No such option. But there was an option to select a local account! Whaaat?? I restarted comp and it hung....
  10. A little mess-up with user accounts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A little mess-up with user accounts: Well, things were great for a while but the honeymoon is over and my user accounts are now quite messed up. It took one click to get me into this mess, perhaps one click to get me out?? ; I really would like to avoid a clean install so soon! Up to an hour ago things were...