Windows 10: messed up windows 10 theme

Discus and support messed up windows 10 theme in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had set up custom theme. I do NOT want to go back to default. but that's what I now have. Is there any way to get my former settings back? like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by donnasdancingfeet, Feb 27, 2020.

1. messed up windows 10 theme

I had set up custom theme. I do NOT want to go back to default. but that's what I now have. Is there any way to get my former settings back? like using a restore point?

:)

donnasdancingfeet, Feb 27, 2020

2. Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 27, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - How to install themes

Hi Rykel,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. Don’t worry. We will assist to resolve this issue.

What error do you receive while trying to download themes?

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps:

• Right click on the desktop screen and select
              Personalize.

• Select themes from the left side of the page.

• Next select Themes settings.

• Select Get more Themes online.

Try the above suggestion and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 27, 2020
  4. messed up windows 10 theme

Dyslexia: is there a customisable theme for windows 10?

Hi Emma,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you with themes in Windows 10.

I suggest you to set the themes in Windows 10 to default and check if it helps.

Steps:

• From Desktop, right click and select Personalize.
    • In Personalization window, click on Themes
      in the left pane.
    • Click on Theme settings, select the Default themes
      and close the window.

If you are still not able to find suitable themes, I recommend you to use your favorite search engine to search for the suitable themes, download-install them and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

messed up windows 10 theme

1. messed up windows 10 theme - Similar Threads - messed theme

2. If I plug a cac reader into my gaming laptop will it mess it up or slow it down?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I plug a cac reader into my gaming laptop will it mess it up or slow it down?: I wanted to know if I plug a cac reader into my gaming laptop will it mess it up or slow it down? Just kinda nervous of messing my laptop up fron it...
  3. If I plug a cac reader into my gaming laptop will it mess it up or slow it down?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I plug a cac reader into my gaming laptop will it mess it up or slow it down?: I wanted to know if I plug a cac reader into my gaming laptop will it mess it up or slow it down? Just kinda nervous of messing my laptop up fron it...
  4. Windows 11 update messing up the boot commands?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update messing up the boot commands?: I've recently had issues with my laptop only 3 years old. I installed the latest windows 11 update a couple of weeks ago and since then, my computer is not booting up correctly. For example, I push the power button and the keyboard lights up but there is no display on the...
  5. Windows 11 update messing up the boot commands?

Windows 11 update messing up the boot commands?: I've recently had issues with my laptop only 3 years old. I installed the latest windows 11 update a couple of weeks ago and since then, my computer is not booting up correctly. For example, I push the power button and the keyboard lights up but there is no display on the...
  6. Onedrive messing up separate desktops

Onedrive messing up separate desktops: I have two desktops on different computers, When I originally set up the second computer onedrive synced 'ghost' files over to my new computer, these files existed on that computers desktop but not in the computer. the shortcuts created for programs on the other computer were...
  7. File Path Locations completely messed up and cannot locate files in virtual environment

File Path Locations completely messed up and cannot locate files in virtual environment: I run molecular dynamics simulations on my local machine, use a virtual Linux environment on my Windows PC. I store both the MD software source code and all of my simulation files on my Desktop. Since allowing OneDrive to sync my files, I am completely unable to locate my...
  8. File Path Locations completely messed up and cannot locate files in virtual environment

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Path Locations completely messed up and cannot locate files in virtual environment: I run molecular dynamics simulations on my local machine, use a virtual Linux environment on my Windows PC. I store both the MD software source code and all of my simulation files on my Desktop. Since allowing OneDrive to sync my files, I am completely unable to locate my...
  9. Onedrive messing up separate desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive messing up separate desktops: I have two desktops on different computers, When I originally set up the second computer onedrive synced 'ghost' files over to my new computer, these files existed on that computers desktop but not in the computer. the shortcuts created for programs on the other computer were...
  10. My taskbar colors messing up when I apply the light theme or the dark theme!! Help PLZ!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    My taskbar colors messing up when I apply the light theme or the dark theme!! Help PLZ!!: My colors of my Taskbar gets messed up when I apply the light or dark theme after restarting explorer with a script in Windows 10 19h1. See the screenshots: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] The problem may be solved logging off....