Windows 10: Messenger app blanc window on Windows 10

Discus and support Messenger app blanc window on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I start the messenger app on my windows 10 laptop the window is blanc and I can't do anything with it other than closing it via the program field... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by andned, Apr 13, 2020.

1. andned Win User

Messenger app blanc window on Windows 10

When I start the messenger app on my windows 10 laptop the window is blanc and I can't do anything with it other than closing it via the program field bar at the bottom of the desktop screen in Windows. No close window button or anything appears in the messenger window.

I had this problem a couple of months ago and found an odd solution online but can't find it again and the problem has reappeard and I can't seem to fix it with either a fresh install of the app or a reset of the Windows store.

:)

andned, Apr 13, 2020

2. Windows Messenger Confirmation Email

No It didnt appear in my spam box but I updated to Windows live Messenger which sent the confirmation email and also verified windows messenger. Ty everyone for there suggestions

Warlord213, Apr 13, 2020
  3. Silverel Win User
    Getting rid of Windows Messenger? How?

It's a component service, not in add/remove programs.

To turn on the Do not allow Windows Messenger to be run option, follow these steps:
    1. Click Start, click Run, type gpedit.msc, and then click OK.
    2. In Group Policy, expand Local Computer Policy, expand Computer Configuration, expand Administrative Templates, expand Windows Components, and then expand Windows Messenger.
    3. Double-click Do not allow Windows Messenger to be run, and then click Enabled.
    4. Click OK.

Silverel, Apr 13, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Messenger app blanc window on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Messenger app blanc

2. Windows Messenger App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Messenger App: Broken again! Freezes won't load and crashes! Happens after windows updates. Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 17/05/2023 12:04:21 Event ID: 1000 Task Category: Application Crashing Events Level: Error Keywords: User: DESKTOP-50S8R33\.... Computer:...
  3. Windows Messenger App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Messenger App: Broken again! Freezes won't load and crashes! Happens after windows updates. Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 17/05/2023 12:04:21 Event ID: 1000 Task Category: Application Crashing Events Level: Error Keywords: User: DESKTOP-50S8R33\.... Computer:...
  4. Windows 10- facebook messenger app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10- facebook messenger app: Hi, hope someone can help me. I have been recently trying to use the messenger app on my laptop to make video calls. However its keeps saying I must allow access to my camera and my microphone. However I have already gone into my settings and allowed access. There is nothing...
  5. Windows 10 Messenger App - no microphone access

Windows 10 Messenger App - no microphone access: I have an HP Spectre laptop and cannot use the video feature in Windows 10 Messenger because I keep getting the message "Please Allow Microphone Access". I went into the Privacy Settings and for the microphone access was already on. I shut it off then on again. I did a...
  6. windows 10 messenger app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    windows 10 messenger app: windows 10 messenger app sends me a 6-digit authentication code and upon entering, it rejects the code as incorrect. I have tried this numerous times and always returns with the incorrect message...are there any suggestions out there as to what might be the problem here, or...
  7. Windows 10 - Microsoft Messenger (Metro App)

Windows 10 - Microsoft Messenger (Metro App): Question, My last update was yesterday. Therefore why are the file stamps for this app, for today? To provide some context, at just after 5pm, mytime, the was brief but noticeable "refresh" across the screen. It is the sort of refresh, one see when they install apps....
  8. Windows 10 Facebook Messenger App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Facebook Messenger App: I tried logging into the Facebook Messenger app today on my laptop and I keep getting the incorrect password message, even though I have reset my password multiple times already. The app was working fine on my desktop before this issue happened, and now I log on to the app on...
  9. Windows 10 messenger app not working

Windows 10 messenger app not working: Messenger on my windows not working at all it's crash sometimes at: -messenger logo -loading form -loading chats -opening chat -where it sent to back or minimize to taskbar I tried the following solutions: -reset -uninstall then reinstall -install messenger beta but...
  10. Windows 10 Facebook & Messenger Apps

Windows 10 Facebook & Messenger Apps: Hi All Just touching base on Windows 10 Facebook & Messenger Apps. They still aren't working on my end. Even after the latest update. Which was Sat 15/10/ 2016. Any suggestions & ideas, would be appreciated. Thankyou. Cheers & Good Day....... *Smile *Smile *Smile...