Windows 10: Messenger App

Discus and support Messenger App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My computer let me install Facebook just fine, it launched and works fine. But when I went to install Messenger and/or Messenger Beta neither of them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KristinaRenay, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Messenger App

My computer let me install Facebook just fine, it launched and works fine. But when I went to install Messenger and/or Messenger Beta neither of them launched, I did the troubleshooting, updated my computer 4 times, restarted, reinstalled the apps etc. But still NOTHING. what else can I do or should do??? What Messenger App will work with Facebook if possible. Thanks

:)

KristinaRenay, Feb 9, 2020

2. Windows 10 Facebook and Messenger app not showing notifications

We appreciate you for providing the information to us.

If the Messenger app doesn't show on the list under Notifications & Actions, it's possible that there are too many apps that are using the push notification. There is a limit to the number of apps you have installed that has push notifications enabled. You
    may consider removing other apps that are not in use and check if it helps.

In addition, you can also try to check the Default App for Protocol to prioritize Messenger as the default. To do this, follow the steps listed below:

• Type Default app settings in the Search bar.
    • Click Choose default apps by protocol.
    • Look for the Messenger app then click on it.
    • Restart PC and check if it works.
    Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Feb 9, 2020
  3. Messenger not supported anymore on Windows Phone

Hi Jane,

The Messenger app may not be updated on the Store app, or the phone's software is malfunctioning. For us to resolve this, please answer the following questions:

• Are you getting an error message or code?
    • Have you checked if there's an available update for the Messenger app on the Store app?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Messenger app?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Rommel Diw, Feb 9, 2020
  4. Johnno61 Win User

Messenger App

Windows 10 Facebook & Messenger Apps

Hi All

Just touching base on Windows 10 Facebook & Messenger Apps. They still aren't working on my end. Even after the latest update. Which was Sat 15/10/ 2016.

Any suggestions & ideas, would be appreciated. Thankyou.

Cheers & Good Day....... Messenger App :) Messenger App :) Messenger App :) Messenger App :)

Johnno61, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

Messenger App

1. Messenger App - Similar Threads - Messenger App

2. New Messenger app 350.5.122.0 opens Notepad with setupact.log file on start

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Messenger app 350.5.122.0 opens Notepad with setupact.log file on start: The new Messenger app version 350.5.122.0 opens Notepad with C:\Windows\Panther\setupact.log file on start. WTF? submitted by /u/puppy2016 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f0ox81/new_messenger_app_35051220_opens_notepad_with/
  3. New Messenger app available on one of three PCs only?

New Messenger app available on one of three PCs only?: I have three PC devices, all use the same Microsoft account, the exactly same Windows version (all 64-bit), the same language. Today I received Messenger app update (BTW it is terribly slow crap compared to the old one) one one of these devices only. I tried to unistall and...
  4. Facebook Messenger app doesn't pop up notifications, even though it's set to do so.

Facebook Messenger app doesn't pop up notifications, even though it's set to do so.: [ATTACH] Hi. I've had trouble with the FB messenger app stopping throwing notifications up for a while now. If I remove it and reinstall, sometimes it'll work, others it won't. It may work for a couple of days and then suddenly stop. It's listed in the Notifications &...
  5. Windows 10 Asking for PIN when installing Messenger App

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Asking for PIN when installing Messenger App: I need to download the Messenger App to my desktop PC. Microsoft insists on asking for my PIN. I have a password, not a PIN. [Original Title: Messenger App]...
  6. Messenger App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Messenger App: I need to download the Messenger App to my desktop PC. Microsoft insists on asking for my PIN. I have a password, not a PIN. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/messenger-app/8476dd1b-3f0a-4a02-a17a-19362bea6f27
  7. Facebook’s new Messenger app for Windows 10 leaks online

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook’s new Messenger app for Windows 10 leaks online: Facebook Messenger, which is one of the most popular messaging platforms in the world, will get a new app for Windows 10. Facebook plans to offer the new desktop client via its own website and as well as the Microsoft Store, so you can access all of your messages from your...
  8. Win10 messenger app won't open links in browser; prompts installing MS store app.

Win10 messenger app won't open links in browser; prompts installing MS store app.: This feels like a pretty niche question, and it's program-specific so I'm not sure how well this will go. I have the facebook messenger app for my windows 10 PC. If someone posts a youtube video or twitter link in messenger, clicking it prompts me to install the...
  9. Messenger app from MS Store does not display videos.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Messenger app from MS Store does not display videos.: Messenger app from MS Store does not display video but audio can be heard while video is running. How about the rest? Are your Messenger displaying videos in Windows 10? Thank you!...
  10. Messenger Apps on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Messenger Apps on Taskbar: Hi I realized this thing that if I'm using a messenger app on my pc, let's say WhatsApp web, then upon receiving any notification, the taskbar slides into visibility, however, it does not go back unless I click and deem the message to be seen. So I'm kinda forced to see the...