Windows 10: Messenger Background on Desktop not working on Windows 11

Discus and support Messenger Background on Desktop not working on Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to Windows 11. Upon upgrade, the Background feature of Messenger Desktop does not seem to work anymore, while it was working fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mar Mag, Jan 23, 2022.

1. Mar Mag Win User

Messenger Background on Desktop not working on Windows 11

I recently upgraded to Windows 11. Upon upgrade, the Background feature of Messenger Desktop does not seem to work anymore, while it was working fine when I was using Windows 10. I already uninstalled and reinstalled Messenger Desktop but it is still not working. I already verified that I indeed have the latest Messenger Desktop version. What could be the problem? Is there anything that I can do to resolve this? Thanks!

:)

Mar Mag, Jan 23, 2022

2. Windows Messenger Confirmation Email

No It didnt appear in my spam box but I updated to Windows live Messenger which sent the confirmation email and also verified windows messenger. Ty everyone for there suggestions

Warlord213, Jan 23, 2022
  3. Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jan 23, 2022
  4. Misiowiec Win User

Lost desktop background

I did a Search & Distroy spyware scan the other day, and one of the suggested "fixes" said something about removing Active Desktop. Like the muppet I am I clicked yes and am now without a desktop background picture.

Does anyone have an idea how to reverse this? If I try to select a picture it's simply not added as a background.

Misiowiec, Jan 23, 2022
Thema:

1. Messenger Background on Desktop not working on Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Messenger Background Desktop

2. Cannot Set Desktop Background in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Set Desktop Background in Windows 11: Hello;I am currently unable to set any photos as desktop backgrounds in Windows 11, including the default images. The only exception is when I set the "sunrise" theme, in which the "river" image appears. I am able to choose a solid color in the personalization menu, which is...
  3. Windows 11 desktop background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 desktop background: After booting up my screen is a green color and not my background picture, I still see my desktop icons. Just running the mouse over the desktop icons the picture will begin to show only where the icons are. After 20 minutes or so the background image will appear as normal....
  4. Windows 11 desktop background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 desktop background: After booting up my screen is a green color and not my background picture, I still see my desktop icons. Just running the mouse over the desktop icons the picture will begin to show only where the icons are. After 20 minutes or so the background image will appear as normal....
  5. Messenger Background on Desktop not working on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Messenger Background on Desktop not working on Windows 11: I recently upgraded to Windows 11. Upon upgrade, the Background feature of Messenger Desktop does not seem to work anymore, while it was working fine when I was using Windows 10. I already uninstalled and reinstalled Messenger Desktop but it is still not working. I already...
  6. Messenger will not work

Messenger will not work: I have messenger installed on my IPhone and my laptop and it works just fine, however on my desktop it will not. Here is what is going on: I click on Messenger and it opens like normal and then i click on the Camera to start the conversation, but it will never open the next...
  7. messenger on windows 10 not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    messenger on windows 10 not working: hello messenger not working any more on windows 10 i unistall and reinstall again but nothing a message says we know the problem we working about this problem...
  8. desktop background is not working

desktop background is not working: [ATTACH]i need a help for this! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background-is-not-working/1fa12a30-f0af-4edd-8a13-a3421ac536c5
  9. Messengers - the desktop version

Messengers - the desktop version: there are messengers primarily used on Android and other platforms but they also have the desktop versions. Case in point is Skype but there are others such as viber, whatsapp and telegram and also Signal. They all run on Win10 or any other recent version. Viber is great...
  10. Desktop background not working

Desktop background not working: I've gone into the personalizaion menu and clicked the background tab, selected slideshow, selected my folder, chose how often i want the pictures to change and chose my fit and no picture pops up in the background. I've restarted my laptop and still nothing seems to work....