Windows 10: Messenger error message "You'll need to allow microphone for calls. Allow Microphone Access"

Discus and support Messenger error message "You'll need to allow microphone for calls. Allow Microphone Access" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone, since one of the past updates last quarter of the year 2019, I could no longer do video calls thru messenger. My built-in speaker and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by joelmoran, Jan 28, 2020.

1. joelmoran Win User

Messenger error message "You'll need to allow microphone for calls. Allow Microphone Access"

Hello everyone,

since one of the past updates last quarter of the year 2019, I could no longer do video calls thru messenger. My built-in speaker and microphone Laptop HP 15 -bs111ng suddenly is no longer "found" by the system. I have been using a headphone with built in microphone SMKP 1 A1 - connected thru bluetooth. The audio works just fine; I can watch and listen to videos or songs both online Netflix, YouTube et.al or from the saved videos in my Harddisc or other memory gadgets such as USB sticks. However, even though the system settings confirm that my microphone is set properly the one built in on the headset that I currently use, whenever I try to start a call thru FB messenger, I get an error message stating :

"You'll need to allow microphone for calls.
    Allow Microphone Access

Access to Media Devices has been denied"

What am I missing?

My general settings for the camera and microphone is on. Is there a particular app that goes with messenger that I also have to give free access to my camera and microphone for it to work like skypes for instance? I do not see messenger in the list of apps requiring access to my microphone nor laptop camera that I can switch on or off.

I'd appreciate your help on this issue.

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Joel

:)

joelmoran, Jan 28, 2020
  2. NAbdulla Win User

How to allow IMO Messenger to use microphone in windows 10?

I have installed IMO Messenger recently on Windows 10 Laptop. It can access Camera but can't access microphone to capture my voice. I have looked at Setting>>Privacy>>Microphone and found that there is no sign of IMO Messenger. Other apps (like Skype) can access the microphone quit well. How can I allow it to access my microphone? please help.

Messenger error message "You'll need to allow microphone for calls. Allow Microphone Access" [​IMG]

NAbdulla, Jan 28, 2020
  3. Facebook messenger won't access camera or microphone

When I try to video chat with someone on Facebook, I get that message.
    Code:
    An error occurred when tryin to get access to camera and/or microphone. Hardware access error. To make a call on Facebook, you need to turn on your camera and microphone on. It used to work fine. Now I have that error in all my browsers. And it's activated. Have verified privacy settings to allow both of them.

bbuchler2018, Jan 28, 2020
  4. Messenger error message "You'll need to allow microphone for calls. Allow Microphone Access"

Microphone

Im trying to make a call from facebook messenger and I keep getting a message to allow microphone but it already is enabled and allowed, what do I do?

Silvergirl975, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

Messenger error message "You'll need to allow microphone for calls. Allow Microphone Access"

1. Messenger error message "You'll need to allow microphone for calls. Allow Microphone Access" - Similar Threads - Messenger error message

2. Allow apps to use my microphone

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allow apps to use my microphone: Hi Premiere pro is not showing in my list of allow apps to use my microphone. So I'm not able to use my Blue Yeti in premiere pro. Is there any way an app can be added to this list....
  3. Allow desktop apps to access microphone is missing

Allow desktop apps to access microphone is missing: Hello, I was trying to fix some settings in our pc and then I remembered that I couldn't use the microphone ingame, so I checked it out in the privacy settings, but when I opened it up I noticed that it didn't have the "Allow desktop apps to access microphone" section. Im...
  4. Microphone - Allow Desktop Same with Camera

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone - Allow Desktop Same with Camera: Under Settings > Privacy > Microphone, there is a section Choose which Microsoft Store apps can access your microphone, while at the same time, there is another section "Allow desktop apps to access your microphone". I am very clear on the Microsoft Store apps. But what are...
  5. Microphone - Messenger

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone - Messenger: Hi - Messenger ask for permission to use the microphone although it is swiched on for Messenger. Can´t get further..... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-messenger/31b22d3b-1c6a-434a-9aeb-da67b559480a
  6. Allow microphone access popup isn't showing

Allow microphone access popup isn't showing: When I click to unmute myself it says to click allow on the microphone access popup but it won't show, and if your answer is to make sure it's not blocked or go to the settings and click default then that also doesn't work....
  7. I want to allow firefox to access my microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to allow firefox to access my microphone: In the apps list the only browser allowed to access my mic is explorer, which is the one I never use. I looked at the Microsoft community questions but others had asked this question but the moderators didn't seem to have read it, as they were answering the wrong question, so...
  8. microphone > 'allow apps to access mic'

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microphone > 'allow apps to access mic': in settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic' when this is off, sites do not work (like google hangouts, all else) im guessing that win10 is not disabling hangouts, but that's it's disabling chrome's access to mic entirely this is extremely bad...
  9. settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic'

in Windows 10 Support
    settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic': in settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic' when this is off, sites do not work (like google hangouts, all else) im guessing that win10 is not disabling hangouts, but that's it's disabling chrome's access to mic entirely this is extremely bad...
  10. How to allow IMO Messenger to use microphone in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to allow IMO Messenger to use microphone in windows 10?: I have installed IMO Messenger recently on Windows 10 Laptop. It can access Camera but can't access microphone to capture my voice. I have looked at Setting>>Privacy>>Microphone and found that there is no sign of IMO Messenger. Other apps (like Skype) can access the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. facebook messenger youll need to allow microphone for calls

2. youll need to allow the microhpone for calls facebook messenger

3. youll need to allow microphone for calls

4. Youll need to allow microphone for call,
  5. Allow Microphone Access Youll need to allow microphone for calls.