Windows 10: Messenger from Meta will not load, just says getting started

Discus and support Messenger from Meta will not load, just says getting started in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Messenger will not load. opens and says "getting started" and that is as far as it goes. This is a Microsoft store app from Meta.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by johnwilliamszy, Nov 28, 2023.

1. Messenger from Meta will not load, just says getting started

Messenger will not load. opens and says "getting started" and that is as far as it goes. This is a Microsoft store app from Meta.

:)

johnwilliamszy, Nov 28, 2023
  2. Silverel Win User

Getting rid of Windows Messenger? How?

It's a component service, not in add/remove programs.

To turn on the Do not allow Windows Messenger to be run option, follow these steps:
    1. Click Start, click Run, type gpedit.msc, and then click OK.
    2. In Group Policy, expand Local Computer Policy, expand Computer Configuration, expand Administrative Templates, expand Windows Components, and then expand Windows Messenger.
    3. Double-click Do not allow Windows Messenger to be run, and then click Enabled.
    4. Click OK.

Silverel, Nov 28, 2023
  3. Getting rid of Windows Messenger? How?

It loads up as soon as I go into Outlook Express (my email client).

I can't remove it unless I log out of Outlook Express, because it's "an application using features from Windows Messenger"...

I don't use it, I use Windows Live Messenger.

I tried to remove it from add/remove programs in Control Panel, but it's not listed.

Any ideas on how I can do a complete uninstall of Windows Messenger? I'd hate having its fragments in my HD...

Black Panther, Nov 28, 2023
  4. pepanee Win User

Messenger from Meta will not load, just says getting started

Can't get Youtube to show videos in Chrome

Load this checklist video in Edge: (I'm assuming you did at least a few of these steps, since you stated you tried other suggestions earlier) Go through the list of suggestions here to try to repair YouTube for Chrome...

pepanee, Nov 28, 2023
Thema:

Messenger from Meta will not load, just says getting started

1. Messenger from Meta will not load, just says getting started - Similar Threads - Messenger Meta load

2. Why is Messenger not loading?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Messenger not loading?: I uninstalled Messenger because it stopped working on Facebook. That was what was suggested on Facebook, so I found the App on my PC, uninstalled it then went to Microsoft Store to re-install it. It sent me a notification that it was installed, so clicked on that, brought up...
  3. Why is Messenger not loading?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Messenger not loading?: I uninstalled Messenger because it stopped working on Facebook. That was what was suggested on Facebook, so I found the App on my PC, uninstalled it then went to Microsoft Store to re-install it. It sent me a notification that it was installed, so clicked on that, brought up...
  4. Desktop Messenger is stuck on the "Getting Started" screen. I saw a video that says to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Messenger is stuck on the "Getting Started" screen. I saw a video that says to...: Desktop Messenger is stuck on the "Getting Started" screen. I saw a video that says to remove Messenger credentials. Is this safe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-messenger-is-stuck-on-the-getting-started/121972a7-6d24-4fb3-891f-64678bad3010
  5. Desktop Messenger is stuck on the "Getting Started" screen. I saw a video that says to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Messenger is stuck on the "Getting Started" screen. I saw a video that says to...: Desktop Messenger is stuck on the "Getting Started" screen. I saw a video that says to remove Messenger credentials. Is this safe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-messenger-is-stuck-on-the-getting-started/121972a7-6d24-4fb3-891f-64678bad3010
  6. Desktop Messenger is stuck on the "Getting Started" screen. I saw a video that says to...

7. Messenger from Meta will not load, just says getting started

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Messenger from Meta will not load, just says getting started: Messenger will not load. opens and says "getting started" and that is as far as it goes. This is a Microsoft store app from Meta. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/messenger-from-meta-will-not-load-just-says/03593c21-570e-43ba-8c88-73f72b3b25d2
  8. Messenger from Meta will not load, just says getting started

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Messenger from Meta will not load, just says getting started: Messenger will not load. opens and says "getting started" and that is as far as it goes. This is a Microsoft store app from Meta. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/messenger-from-meta-will-not-load-just-says/03593c21-570e-43ba-8c88-73f72b3b25d2
  9. How to get rid of meta?

How to get rid of meta?: I never opend instagram,or eny other acc. with meta, yet META installed instagram "non-user" acc.on my pc, happily admitting it's collecting my personal info. I found it in microsoft acc. in passwords & personal info with password but no username. I can delete it from that...
  10. Meta's Messenger is the first third-party Windows 11 Widget

in Windows 10 News
    Meta's Messenger is the first third-party Windows 11 Widget: Microsoft released a new Windows 11 build to the Developer Insider channel this week. It includes the first third-party widget for Windows 11's Widget feature next to plenty of fixes. [IMG] Microsoft launched the Widgets app in Windows 11 as a central hub featuring news,...