Windows 10: Messenger Uninstalled, but runs on start up.

Discus and support Messenger Uninstalled, but runs on start up. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I currently have Facebook Messenger uninstalled on my computer. However, it still runs on start up. It doesn't show up on installed apps and start up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Shoun David, Apr 6, 2022.

1. Messenger Uninstalled, but runs on start up.

I currently have Facebook Messenger uninstalled on my computer. However, it still runs on start up. It doesn't show up on installed apps and start up folder but still opens upon start up.Whenever it does, open, Tasks Manager sees it running and suddenly is on my computer. Whenever I open the file location, I see it on my AppData folder.How do I completely remove this?I've attached some pictures for reference.Upon start up, messenger runs but shows only as a black rectangle.But as I check my Startup folder, it's not there.It's doesn't show on my start up settings as well.If I open up Tasks Mana

:)

Shoun David, Apr 6, 2022
  2. Homer712 Win User

Adobe Flash Player Uninstaller 34.0.0.105

Over on Techspot they have posted Adobe Flash Player Uninstaller 34.0.0.105

In the "how to use this software" section there was this (its the "Copy/Run" at the very bottom that I'm concerned about):

Download the uninstaller for Flash Player The Flash Player uninstaller executes on both 64-bit and 32-bit version of the Windows operating systems. Save the file in a location where you can find it easily after you restart your computer. For example, save it on your Windows desktop.

Exit all browsers and other programs that use Flash

The uninstaller does not work if any programs that use Flash are running on your computer.

• Look at the taskbar. If the taskbar contains program icons for a browser or for a game that uses Flash, right-click each icon and choose Close. This example shows a browser in the taskbar:
    • Look at the icons in the system tray for programs that run in the background. Examples include AOL Instant Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger, and games that use Flash (any file with a name that ends in .swf). If you see such an icon, right-click the icon and click Exit, as shown in this example:
    Run the uninstaller

• Double-click the icon of the uninstaller that downloaded to your computer.
    • Follow the prompts. If you see the message "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?," click Yes.
    • Delete Flash Player files and folders.
      • Click Start > Run.
      • Copy and paste the following and click OK.
      • C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash
      • Delete all the files in this folder.
      • Follow step 1 to step 3 for the following:
        • C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash
        • %appdata%\Adobe\Flash Player
        • %appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player

Homer712, Apr 6, 2022
  3. Silverel Win User
    Getting rid of Windows Messenger? How?

It's a component service, not in add/remove programs.

To turn on the Do not allow Windows Messenger to be run option, follow these steps:
    1. Click Start, click Run, type gpedit.msc, and then click OK.
    2. In Group Policy, expand Local Computer Policy, expand Computer Configuration, expand Administrative Templates, expand Windows Components, and then expand Windows Messenger.
    3. Double-click Do not allow Windows Messenger to be run, and then click Enabled.
    4. Click OK.

Silverel, Apr 6, 2022
  4. Messenger Uninstalled, but runs on start up.

Unwise not installed or incompatible"error message on uninstalling Yahoo messenger on Windows 10.

Hi Sunny,

The above issue might occur if you do not have necessary files to uninstall the program on the PC.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• How are you trying to uninstall Yahoo Messenger?
    • Did you try uninstalling from program and features?

If haven’t tried, uninstall Yahoo Messenger from Programs and features by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo + I keys on the keyboard and select
      Programs and features from the context menu.
    • Check if Yahoo Messenger is listed in the window.
    • If yes, select the program and click on Uninstall option which will now be enabled in the windows panel.
    • Check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of Yahoo messenger uninstallation issue on the PC in the same post for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 6, 2022
Thema:

Messenger Uninstalled, but runs on start up.

1. Messenger Uninstalled, but runs on start up. - Similar Threads - Messenger Uninstalled runs

2. Can't Install or Uninstall FB Messenger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Install or Uninstall FB Messenger: Something happened where my messenger stopped working. So i tried to reinstall it, and the loading bar looks like it's loading but it never moves from the position in the photo provided. I went to programs to uninstall anything left over from any Messenger download and when i...
  3. Can't Install or Uninstall FB Messenger

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Install or Uninstall FB Messenger: Something happened where my messenger stopped working. So i tried to reinstall it, and the loading bar looks like it's loading but it never moves from the position in the photo provided. I went to programs to uninstall anything left over from any Messenger download and when i...
  4. Can't Install or Uninstall FB Messenger

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Messenger Uninstalled, but runs on start up.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Messenger Uninstalled, but runs on start up.: I currently have Facebook Messenger uninstalled on my computer. However, it still runs on start up. It doesn't show up on installed apps and start up folder but still opens upon start up.Whenever it does, open, Tasks Manager sees it running and suddenly is on my computer....
  6. Messenger Uninstalled, but runs on start up.

Messenger Uninstalled, but runs on start up.: I currently have Facebook Messenger uninstalled on my computer. However, it still runs on start up. It doesn't show up on installed apps and start up folder but still opens upon start up.Whenever it does, open, Tasks Manager sees it running and suddenly is on my computer....
  7. How to run Messenger at startup?

How to run Messenger at startup?: When I run it as admin, the option to run it at startup is greyed out. I added it to the startup manually, but it still refuses to start. For the record, I have background apps disabled. P.S. If you know any app that can be used for FB chat, please say so. Like Miranda IG....
  8. Facebook Messenger app - cannot uninstall it.

Facebook Messenger app - cannot uninstall it.: I downloaded the Facebook Messenger app for my PC. It was unsatisfactory, so I removed the app. It, however, keeps showing up on booting. I am unable to locate it in apps to remove it again....
  9. Uninstalled apps coming up in start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Uninstalled apps coming up in start menu: I've recently uninstalled and reinstalled a program, battle.net , and now when I search in the start menu for it, the old icon pops up above the newly installed one. The old icon does nothing when I click on it, and it also doesn't have the battlenet icon, it's just a generic...
  10. Uninstalled Facebook & Messenger App.

Uninstalled Facebook & Messenger App.: Facebook & Messenger have not worked at all since the last two updates. They are still working on my Asus Laptop & Lumia 950xl smart phone. The apps are just not to work on my PC. Which is running Window 10 Pro. Have tried just about everything I can think of. I think it's...