Windows 10: messenger wont play video

Discus and support messenger wont play video in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi I have purchased a new laptop running windows 10 and now messenger plays video with a black screen audio is fine any suggestions?... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by DarrenBessant3391, Sep 11, 2019.

1. messenger wont play video

Hi I have purchased a new laptop running windows 10 and now messenger plays video with a black screen audio is fine any suggestions?

:)

DarrenBessant3391, Sep 11, 2019

2. Wont play video files

Hello Connor,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Where did you obtain the said editing software?
    • What is the file extension of the videos you were trying to play?
    • What application were you using to play these video files?
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    video not playing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which video player you are using to play the video?
    2. Are you able to play the video on any other computer?
    3. Are you facing the issue with only specific video or with all the other videos?

This issue could also occur when the USB or SD card is corrupted when you have transferred the video.

Try the troubleshooting methods provided below to further narrow down the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Try a different video player.

1. Try to use a different USB to transfer the video, if you are playing it on other computer or device.
    2. I suggest you to try a different video player and check if it plays.
    3. You can also check on different device or computer.

Step: Run Windows Media player troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Copy and paste the below command and run each at a time and follow the onscreen instruction on the troubleshooter
    3. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic
    4. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerLibraryDiagnostic
    5. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerDVDDiagnostic
    6. Reboot the computer and check.
    If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Rose Ter Win User

messenger wont play video

videos not playing

Hi Tracy,

There’s a possibility that there are changes in the video configuration of your device after the last Windows update.
    For us to isolate the issue, we will need to ask you a few questions:

• Are you trying to play the video files using a browser or an app?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What specific troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are using a browser, you may try to access the video files on a different web browser. Otherwise,
    you may also check the response of Amarjeet1709 on this

thread
    . This will provide you steps on how to run the Video playback troubleshooter and update the display adapters on your device.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to “mark it as an answer” to help those who are facing the same problem.

Rose Ter, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

messenger wont play video

1. messenger wont play video - Similar Threads - messenger wont play

2. Messenger video viruses

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Messenger video viruses: Do the virus links within messenger remain 'live' ,or are they a one off link. I want to remove the person/ message, but don't want to start it off again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/messenger-video-viruses/48c3f5a5-063a-4852-9f5e-b6e8c18bf15f
  3. videos in messenger

in Windows 10 Customization
    videos in messenger: [ATTACH]I use firefox and it updated today and now it will not play any videos sent through messenger, but aslso when you go to download the video it shows as a HTML, anyone have a solution please, have cleared cach, did a pc restart and even reset firefox nothing has helped....
  4. my video wont play

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my video wont play: my I phone 7 video wont play on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-video-wont-play/ca7850d3-270d-40f9-b5d0-2e71dc4fa053
  5. videos won't play in messenger

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    videos won't play in messenger: windows 10 won't play videos in messenger has anyone had this or fixed this problem please??? I get just a black screen - grand kids playing sound works - but no video...
  6. Messenger video

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Messenger video: When I tap on a video, in the messenger app, it doesn't play. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/messenger-video/ecfda0e0-eeb9-4a59-82aa-38fee9667739"
  7. messenger video calls

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    messenger video calls: How do Imake video calls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/messenger-video-calls/acbdb45f-e750-4eee-8a7a-9fe04e80c72e
  8. power dvd wont play videos

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    power dvd wont play videos: since the last update power dvd wont play vieos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-dvd-wont-play-videos/dc22e730-f6c0-4549-b2a9-f1b6a0538010
  9. Edited video in photo and it wont play

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edited video in photo and it wont play: I have trying to play a video that I trimmed in photo and it wont play. It is a mp4. Plays fine before trimming but says damaged after trimming. Please advise. Thanks....
  10. MESSENGER VIDEO CHAT

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MESSENGER VIDEO CHAT: When I try to video chat in messenger I get a message telling me to check and make sure the permission to use my microphone is turned on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/messenger-video-chat/4d4f7308-4745-4e72-873a-cc839ae0c791

Users found this page by searching for:

1. video wont play in messenger

2. messenger wont play videos on windows edge

3. videos wont play in messenger

4. videos wont play on messenger,
  5. video on messenger wont play,
  6. videos not playing on facebook messanger,
  7. how to play videos on messenger on laptop,
  8. win 10 messanger video black screen,
  9. messenger videos are not playing,
  10. video in messenger wont play,
  11. videos not playing on facebook messenger on windows 10,