Windows 10: Messy Documents folder

Discus and support Messy Documents folder in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I recently formatted my PC and this time I want to keep windows tidy. I feel like I can manage all the necessary folders except for the document... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/iTwizTy, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Messy Documents folder

So I recently formatted my PC and this time I want to keep windows tidy. I feel like I can manage all the necessary folders except for the document folder since a lot of programs / games automatically creates folders in there. Does anyone have a tip for how I can keep the documents folder clean? Or at least manage all the folders

submitted by /u/iTwizTy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/iTwizTy, Nov 2, 2020

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Nov 2, 2020
  3. Multiple 'Documents' folders under 'This PC'

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

This may happen if one the “documents” folder has been stored on different target location.

Follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1

I suggest that you check both the folders location where they are saved using the below method:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Restore Default, and then click Apply and OK.

• Check what happens, try these step on all the documents folder.
    Method 2

If the above step fails then try checking the target location of both the folders by using the find target option:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Find target.

• Check where the target location of both the folders is and check if any one goes to the user name location and later delete the one which goes to wrong location.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Nov 2, 2020
  4. Micah Bat Win User

Messy Documents folder

Documents/Pictures folders under 'This PC' refer to onedrive - not the local folders

Since the only folder that has incorrect file path is the Documents folder under This PC, we would suggest you do the same steps provided above. However, do it in your Documents folder under This PC. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer
    • Click This PC
    • Right-click on Documents
    • Click Properties
    • Click Location
    • Click Restore Default
    • Click Apply
    • Click OK
    Also, we would like to inform you that "winhelponline.com" is not associated with Microsoft.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

Messy Documents folder

1. Messy Documents folder - Similar Threads - Messy Documents folder

2. Documents folder inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents folder inside Documents folder: A question identical or similar to this was raised in 2021 on this forum but I don't quite understand the advice that was given then. I have this annoying setup on my system, which I seem to have had ever since Windows 7 came along: In the right pane of File Explorer the...
  3. Documents folder inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder inside Documents folder: A question identical or similar to this was raised in 2021 on this forum but I don't quite understand the advice that was given then. I have this annoying setup on my system, which I seem to have had ever since Windows 7 came along: In the right pane of File Explorer the...
  4. Documents folder inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Messy accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Messy accounts: Hi I seem to have 2 accounts one which is my email the other which is my mobile - I cant add my mobile to my email account because it says the number is already taken.. I'm so confused and hoping to just get a single account back...
  6. Panther folder looks Messy Marvin

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Panther folder looks Messy Marvin: Hello Friends After long Saturday download of May 2004, 1024kb DSL copper wire. Sunday I examine if there are any new folders in Windows directory. I notices that Panther folder had 2 tiny blue square, which was odd. So I double click on the folder and saw a mess. Could...
  7. Messy tasks in startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Messy tasks in startup: Hello Are there ways to cleanup the list in startup. Im seeing a lot of subtasks ( i have no idea what are these subtasks ) and scripts that i dont need and im not sure were put there through my direct action. ( there doesnt seem to be any viruses tho) 115307
  8. Messy tasks in startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Messy tasks in startup: Hello Are there ways to cleanup the list in startup. Im seeing a lot of subtasks ( i have no idea what are these subtasks ) and scripts that i dont need and im not sure were put there through my direct action. ( there doesnt seem to be any viruses tho) 115307
  9. OneDrive documents folder and the real documents folder.

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive documents folder and the real documents folder.: I didn't find an answer to this exact question. Windows 10 Home 1511 x64 clean install. In the left pane of File Explorer there is a Documents folder which points to my OneDrive folder and contains almost nothing (just a few folders that programs created). Under my username...
  10. documents folder

in Windows 10 Support
    documents folder: I try to print out my bank statement but it goes into documents folder. How do I print out from the documents folder when win 10 puts it back? 17981