Windows 10: Metadata in Photos app

Discus and support Metadata in Photos app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone. My problem is, that after editing a photo in the Windows Photos app the metadata location is removed. Why? Is there some setting how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MartinBouma, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Metadata in Photos app

Hello everyone. My problem is, that after editing a photo in the Windows Photos app the metadata location is removed. Why? Is there some setting how to fix this? Please help.

:)

MartinBouma, Apr 4, 2020
  2. Callender Win User

Removing metadata from photos

Download this photo (metadata removed) and open it. Compare your info with what I see on my machine.

Metadata in Photos app [​IMG]

I see this. You should see different info.

Callender, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Graeme.P Win User
    Metadata & Tags in photos

Hi Kc3d, I'm Graeme, an independent adviser here to help.

I'd say the easiest way to copy the metadata tags would be to make a copy of all the photos in another folder, then resize each photo in the app of your choice.

The photos will preserve the metadata because you simply made copies of them before resizing the copies.

Hopefully that makes sense! Let me know if you'd like further support!

Graeme.P, Apr 4, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Metadata in Photos app

Removing metadata from photos

One simple method I have been using is to open photo on my PC, then take a screenshot of it and share it instead of original photo.

An example, here's a screenshot I made of a photo, there's no EXIF information shown about what camera was used, where and when the photo was taken, and so on. You can use any tool you can think of, you cannot find any useful EXIF / metadata information about this photo:

Kari, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Metadata in Photos app

1. Metadata in Photos app - Similar Threads - Metadata Photos app

2. Downloaded photo location metadata missing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloaded photo location metadata missing in Windows 10: The location metadata is correct in Google Photos. However, when I download pictures to my Windows 10 PC, there is no location metadata available at all. The metadata shown on the 'details' tab of the file properties does not have the "GPS" section with location that a...
  3. Microsoft Photos Metadata

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos Metadata: Like so many others I am struggling with Microsoft Photos. I know where to find my photos. What I need access to is the metadata I create with Microsoft Photos. I have used the program to add names to my photos, but the metadata on the photo doesn't record this info. Where...
  4. Microsoft Photos Metadata

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos Metadata: Like so many others I am struggling with Microsoft Photos. I know where to find my photos. What I need access to is the metadata I create with Microsoft Photos. I have used the program to add names to my photos, but the metadata on the photo doesn't record this info. Where...
  5. App to better edit music metadata

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    App to better edit music metadata: I am trying to look for an app to better edit my music. Groove isn't exactly cutting it, so I was hoping someone here could help me find something. I am looking for a music metadata editor that is in-depth enough to let you change the artwork per song. For an example, the...
  6. Can't change photo metadata Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't change photo metadata Windows 10: I want to add more detailed descriptions to photos, but when go to Properties, then Details, I try to click on "Value" and nothing happens. In fact, I click on anything in Details and nothing happens. I have full control in Security all permissions checked for system, me, and...
  7. Metadata

Metadata: I added tags to a group of downloaded pictures that are located in a OneDrive folder using Explorer. I saved them and they processed successfully, they were visuable. I move another task and came back and the tags were gone. It appears a process in OneDrive refreshed the...
  8. Batch editing of photo metadata

Batch editing of photo metadata: I would like to set the Copyright field to my name in all my photos and also some of the other fields under the Details tab of the photos Properties. Doing this one at a atime is very time consuming. Is there a way to change particular fields in a number of selected photos...
  9. Metadata & Tags in photos

Metadata & Tags in photos: I have a folder of 250 photos with various tags applied to each of them. The photos are at full resolution. I need to down res the 250 photos and place in another folder. If I resize these photos but keep the same photo names, is it possible to copy the metadata tags and...
  10. Removing metadata from photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing metadata from photos: Before I share photos I would like to remove all metadata attached to them. I follow the instructions on Windows Explorer but when I next check I notice that in properties/details there is still a lot of information like dates and dimensions and owner, etc. Am I doing...