Windows 10: Metadata not showing on File Explorer

Discus and support Metadata not showing on File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, metadata file propriety details are not showing on File Explorer. I have tried CHKDSK, SFCSCANONN and still nothing. I work with videos and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PalomaDomingues, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Metadata not showing on File Explorer

Hello, metadata file propriety details are not showing on File Explorer. I have tried CHKDSK, SFCSCANONN and still nothing. I work with videos and I often need to check their lenght, width and height. Someone can help me?Thank you

:)

PalomaDomingues, Sep 2, 2021
  2. DaveJ2001 Win User

Metadata not showing and cannot be edited in Explorer

I have exactly the same problem. I can add/update metadata in file explorer in Word 2016 files, but not Excel 2016 files. Excel 97-2003 files I can add/update metadata in file explorer. In Excel 2016 itself, I can add/update metadata, but it doesn't show
    in file explorer.

DaveJ2001, Sep 2, 2021
  3. ggehring Win User
    File Explorer fails to show metadata?

I have recently updated my desktop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. For some reason, File explorer seems unable to show metadata. For example, here is what File Explorer shows for one example powerpoint file:

Metadata not showing on File Explorer [​IMG]

I created this file on this same desktop before the upgrade, and it has a bunch of metadata including category, subject, author, etc. Since it's in a google drive folder, I can compare this with what I see on my Win10 laptop:

Metadata not showing on File Explorer [​IMG]

As you can see, the file itself has a full complement of metadata, it's just not showing up properly in File Explorer on my desktop.

I'd like to figure out what setting is incorrect on my desktop that's causing this, if possible. I should add that all of this information showed up correctly in the Windows 7 details pane on the desktop before I upgraded, so I presume it's a setting that somehow got changed during the upgrade.

I've spent about two hours googling to find anyone with a similar problem, to no avail. Anyone have any ideas as to what's causing this?

ggehring, Sep 2, 2021
  4. 1Kurgan1 Win User

Metadata not showing on File Explorer

Music Metadata grabber

Been working on sorting movies/tv shows/music and looking for something thats free and grabs metadata for my music files. I could do it all manually, but having something that helps would be nice. Anyone got a suggestion?

1Kurgan1, Sep 2, 2021
Thema:

Metadata not showing on File Explorer

1. Metadata not showing on File Explorer - Similar Threads - Metadata showing File

2. File Explorer and media metadata tags

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer and media metadata tags: I don't want file explorer to show ANY media metadata on my entire computer or drive. I have applications for that.I've changed the drive properties > Customize selected "Documents" and checked to flow to sub folders, but when a new folder is created that contains music it...
  3. File Explorer and media metadata tags

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer and media metadata tags: I don't want file explorer to show ANY media metadata on my entire computer or drive. I have applications for that.I've changed the drive properties > Customize selected "Documents" and checked to flow to sub folders, but when a new folder is created that contains music it...
  4. iTunes and File Explorer metadata

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    iTunes and File Explorer metadata: Hello,I have this habit of organizing my music in iTunes and editing its Song Info. Before, if I edit anything on the Song Info, it would automatically change the metadata in the File explorer. So I was able to edit my songs both in iTunes and File Explorer in one go. Now, it...
  5. iTunes and File Explorer metadata

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iTunes and File Explorer metadata: Hello,I have this habit of organizing my music in iTunes and editing its Song Info. Before, if I edit anything on the Song Info, it would automatically change the metadata in the File explorer. So I was able to edit my songs both in iTunes and File Explorer in one go. Now, it...
  6. iTunes and File Explorer metadata

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows explorer doesn't show *.ogg files metadata in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows explorer doesn't show *.ogg files metadata in Windows 10: I've ripped many of my CDs to OGG (Vorbis) files, and the proper metadata are included with them. But in Windows explorer, when I look at detailed list of files, the album/artist/year etc info don't show, fields are all empty. When right-clicking on files and selecting...
  8. Explorer won't show metadata from FLAC files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer won't show metadata from FLAC files: [ATTACH] The title sums it pretty much. I include an image for clarification. Is it possible to fix it? How? Note how MP3 work perfectly submitted by /u/thmasker [link] [comments]...
  9. Wav files not showing metadata in windows explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wav files not showing metadata in windows explorer: So i have ID3 tagged the wav file with mp3tag but windows doesn't want to show "title" & "album" names as it does for the mp3 file with the same tag data on it. is it possible to get it working for .wav files too since it also doesn't want to show the album artwork too?...
  10. File Explorer fails to show metadata?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer fails to show metadata?: I have recently updated my desktop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. For some reason, File explorer seems unable to show metadata. For example, here is what File Explorer shows for one example powerpoint file: [img] I created this file on this same desktop before the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 file metadata