Windows 10: Metadata staging failed

Discus and support Metadata staging failed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can't reproduce that here after applying the same fix. For me it works. Fixed. You are right clicking on the cmd icon and selecting "Run as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SoxmisUK, Aug 5, 2015.

1. SoxmisUK Win User

Metadata staging failed

I can't reproduce that here after applying the same fix. For me it works. Fixed.

You are right clicking on the cmd icon and selecting "Run as Administrator?" - it should say "C:\WINDOWS\system32>"

It looks like a user name? Who holds admin? What user is logged on? I've never heard of "Jack.." Apart from my Labrador he's called Jack. *Smile

Maybe something else caused this??

I would run a sfc /scannow and maybe a DISM scan if you can't find the cause, be it program or corruption.

SoxmisUK, Jan 5, 2016
  2. Eidel Win User

well i found the source of the "JACK command' prompt ... turns out to be a virtual audio cable i had installed called JACK audio, it replaced the normal command prompt with a JACK command prompt, after uninstallation it was returned to normal. so this was no actual malware or system error, i just have not run a command prompt since installing JACK, which was only a few days ago.

Eidel, Jan 5, 2016
  3. trog69 Win User
    After finding Event Viewer, I see that I, too have this problem occurring, and it causes my internet to stop, while also freezing the system, forcing a hard re-start.

This is apparently an issue that was in Win8, and is still a problem? Unbelieveable. I don't feel comfortable screwing around with the registry. I'm far too ignorant for that.

Never once had this problem with Windows 7. In fact, I had no problems in 4 years with my last PC, and now I don't think I'll "upgrade" to Win10 until they force me to, which I know they are working hard to accomplish.

trog69, Jan 24, 2016
  4. cddz Win User

Metadata staging failed

I changed the Network List Service to Automatic(delayed) from Manual
    No more errors from Metadata

5. trog69 Win User
    Glad you got it fixed. I didn't come back to report my fix, because I copy the line used (EDIT: S/B I "forgot" to copy the line used ), but I got a MS tech to help, and he replaced the line in the registry to the correct address. No more Errors, Warnings, or failed Audits.

Now, I have to find out why the last crash caused Oblivion to refuse to load. The same MS tech spent two hours trying everything to repair the game, to no avail. Now Bethesda is on the case, so I should hear back from them some time after Fallout 5. heh

trog69, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Metadata staging failed

1. Metadata staging failed - Similar Threads - Metadata staging failed

2. Metadata staging failed, result=0x80070490 for container

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Metadata staging failed, result=0x80070490 for container: I've been at my wits end trying to troubleshoot this. My computer will crash if it's left alone or if I put in sleep mode or crash unexpectedly. I have the following errors.Metadata staging failed, result=0x80070490 for container...
  3. Metadata staging failed, result=0x80070490 for container...

Metadata staging failed, result=0x80070490 for container...: I was playing Rainbow Six Siege and the game crashes without reason and I get this along with a total of 15 different error reports with a Source of DeviceSetupManager, All of this viewed from Event Viewer Would anyone be able to explain what is going wrong and how I can...
  4. Metadata staging failed, result=0x80070490 for container...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Metadata staging failed, result=0x80070490 for container...: Shows up in eventviewer along with : Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/metadata-staging-failed-result0x80070490-for/362472b1-6fbd-4947-8457-522df84d4352
  5. Windows GamebarOverlay and Metadata Staging failed errors!

Windows GamebarOverlay and Metadata Staging failed errors!: Hello, since I think later november or early december I have this WindowsGameBar error and multiple metadata staging errors, I think they cause pc crashes when the gpu is under heavy load but I can't know for sure, I tried swapping gpu cpu etc but the pc keeps crashing, I...
  6. Metadata staging failed, for Event ID:131

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Metadata staging failed, for Event ID:131: Metadata staging failed, result=0x80070490 for container '{5094484E-6925-FDD5-AACE-D9DA6785FB29}' Event ID:131I check registrty DeviceMetadataServiceURL and found this URL: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=252669&clcid=0x409 , but URL redirect me to...
  7. Metadata staging failed, for Event ID:131

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Metadata staging failed, for Event ID:131: Metadata staging failed, result=0x80070490 for container '{5094484E-6925-FDD5-AACE-D9DA6785FB29}' Event ID:131I check registrty DeviceMetadataServiceURL and found this URL: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=252669&clcid=0x409 , but URL redirect me to...
  8. Metadata staging failed, result=0x80070490 for container...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Metadata staging failed, result=0x80070490 for container...: Hi I am getting this error when I start the computer I am getting error Metadata staging failed, result=0x80070490 for container '{564E4238-4832-4447-5633-5CB9010C3444}', DeviceSetupManager id 131.' , please help me with this error...
  9. Metadata staging failed, result=0x8007000D

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Metadata staging failed, result=0x8007000D: Hi, I have having issue with my Bluetooth headphone. My headphone is shown as paired but sound doesn.t play. Reconnecting fixes it for a few minutes. I digged into Event Viewer tool and found the following every-time this happened. Metadata staging failed,...
  10. Metadata staging failed - Event ID 131

in Windows 10 Support
    Metadata staging failed - Event ID 131: Good morning, Ever since I upgraded my computer to Windows 10 (Home) 64-bit a few months ago from Win 8.1 I have discovered the following Event ID 131 error in Event Viewer, sometimes as many as five times in a row, after restarting or upon booting up: Metadata staging...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 failed to read packed metadata

2. metadata staging failed windows 10