Windows 10: Metadata & Tags in photos

Discus and support Metadata & Tags in photos in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a folder of 250 photos with various tags applied to each of them. The photos are at full resolution. I need to down res the 250 photos and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kc3d, Jan 17, 2019.

1. kc3d Win User

Metadata & Tags in photos

I have a folder of 250 photos with various tags applied to each of them. The photos are at full resolution.

I need to down res the 250 photos and place in another folder. If I resize these photos but keep the same photo names, is it possible to copy the metadata tags and apply it to the new smaller resolution photos? If not, is there another way I could re-apply tags?

Thank you

:)

2. Using tags on photos in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

• Are you referring to the Photos app or the Windows Live Photo Gallery?
    I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by Created by Barb Bowman August 11, 2013 from the below link and check if it helps.

Edit Metadata and Tag Photos in Windows 8

Edit Metadata and Tag Photos in Windows 8

(Also applicable for Windows 10)

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 17, 2019
  3. tags or title for pictures / photos

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Title is used to get more information about the content, different documents will have different title.

You can add same tags for documents with different title to group them to together, which will help in searching the file with same tags. I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to add tags or title to your image.

Steps:

1. Right click on the Image or photo you want to tag.
    2. Select Properties.
    3. Select Detail tab.
    4. Under Description section, select
      tags or title.
    5. Add your tags or title and click on
      Ok.

Note: You can add more than one tag to the same image or photo.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jan 17, 2019
  4. Metadata & Tags in photos

file metadata to organize photos and videos

Is there a way to make use of the file metadata, tags to organize photos and videos?

sv_backlit, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

Metadata & Tags in photos

1. Metadata & Tags in photos - Similar Threads - Metadata Tags photos

2. File Explorer and media metadata tags

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer and media metadata tags: I don't want file explorer to show ANY media metadata on my entire computer or drive. I have applications for that.I've changed the drive properties > Customize selected "Documents" and checked to flow to sub folders, but when a new folder is created that contains music it...
  3. File Explorer and media metadata tags

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer and media metadata tags: I don't want file explorer to show ANY media metadata on my entire computer or drive. I have applications for that.I've changed the drive properties > Customize selected "Documents" and checked to flow to sub folders, but when a new folder is created that contains music it...
  4. Tagging photos

in Windows 10 Support
    Tagging photos: Hello i need a program to search through my photo collection and do facial recognition, so will be presented with all photos that have Fred which I identified from a previous photo. Once I have all the Fred photos displayed, then by selecting all I can add the TAG Fred to the...
  5. .opus audio file tags, metadata

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .opus audio file tags, metadata: How do I set Windows File Explorer in Windows 10 to display tags - metadata of .opus audio files?The opus could be the best free audio encoder, only struggling with compatibility issues in Windows File Explorer and Media Player....
  6. Photo tags

Photo tags: Good day team I have an HP laptop with windows 10 Trying to change tags in photos After making changes the old tags return Ray https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-tags/93dae9f7-df07-4b75-98cd-69ba1807e405
  7. Photo tags

Photo tags: In a previous version of Microsoft photo gallery I tagged 31 gig worth of pictures using the provided face recognition technology. After restoring from a back up hard drive into a new computer, I can not find any of my tag info. Where is it? Why does it not display in...
  8. Photo Tagging

Photo Tagging: Tagging photo was a breeze in my now defunct Picasa. I Have Photoshop Elements but the photo Organizer is buggy as hell. My question is how I tag a photo or a group of phots in Microsoft Photos Windows 10. Thanks....
  9. Tagging Photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tagging Photos: I have a lot of untagged photos on One Drive. Is there a way I can tag multiple photos at once? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tagging-photos/35479a17-c720-4a4d-b523-f0fe2a96a375
  10. Groove Music Ignores Tagging & Metadata

Groove Music Ignores Tagging & Metadata: Hello, Windows 10's Groove Music app ignores every modification I make to albums downloaded from the Microsoft Store. Whether it's song/album titles or cover art, Groove continues to display the music as it was before my changes, while other media players have no problems...