Windows 10: Metered Connection Disables Automatically after enabling

Discus and support Metered Connection Disables Automatically after enabling in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I try to set my Mobile hotspot as metered Connection when I click Toggle button is turning into blue but when I revist the Connection property... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MohamadYasar, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Metered Connection Disables Automatically after enabling

When I try to set my Mobile hotspot as metered Connection when I click Toggle button is turning into blue but when I revist the Connection property window it shows metered Connection is in off position. Metered Connection disabling automatically. Kindly help me in this regard thank you.

:)

MohamadYasar, Oct 7, 2020

2. OneDrive - Metered Connection

Hi Sayyid,

Since you're using a SIM to be able to use the internet, Windows 10 automatically set your connection as metered if your Internet service provider limits the data you can use.

You can turn the Set as metered connection option to OFF by following these steps:

• Click the Internet access icon from the Taskbar.
    • Click the network where you are connected, then click Properties.
    • Locate and toggle the Set as metered connection to OFF.

Let us know if the message still appears after following the above mentioned steps.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Oct 7, 2020
  3. balubeto Win User
    Enable or Disable Windows Update Automatic Updates in Windows 10  

Therefore, the option 4 disables ONLY the automatic updates of Windows Update with all the Internet connections via Ethernet and via WiFi for all users?

Thanks

Bye

balubeto, Oct 7, 2020
  4. AJ-Dalton Win User

Metered Connection Disables Automatically after enabling

Windows 10 Metered Connection on a Wired Ethernet Connection?

CONTROLLING WINDOWS-10 UPDATES

NOTE: PC's on “metered” ISP's, having “free” periods at specific times, need to control 'WHEN' Windows-10 downloads Updates to avoid high “overage” charges. Performing the following steps should allow control of the ability to Enable or Disable
    automatic updating in Windows-10. When Disabled, Win-10 should not Detect, Download, or Install Updates - unless periodically allowed to do so at specific times - but must be Re-Enabled to do so during 'non-metered' time. The best times to allow Updates include
    on-or-after the second-Tuesday of every Month and/or during any “non-metered time periods”.

========================================================

HERE IS THE PROCEDURE TO 'ENABLE' OR 'DISABLE' UPDATES:

1. On a PC, go to the Home Screen. Simultaneously Press the “Windows Key” (flag) and the “r” Key. An “Open” box will appear. (If it does not, repeat the simultaneous key pressing, above).

2. Type into the 'Open' box: services.msc (then press 'Enter' key). In next prompt, allow Program to Run by pressing “YES” box. The ensuing “Services (Local)” window appears, showing a list.

3. Scroll down the list to “Windows Update (Properties)”. DOUBLE-CLICK this item. Another mini-window will appear (and defaults to the “General” tab). Mid-page - there is a selection titled: “Start-Up Type”. When Update capability is Enabled
    (i.e. - automatic updates are allowed), it should read “MANUAL”.

4a. To Disable Update capability (i.e. automatic updates are not-allowed), drop down and select “DISABLE” and press “OK”. (Exit all related windows).

4b. When ready to check / initiate an Update, repeat the process (#1 - #3) above, but setting “Windows Update Properties” to “MANUAL”. Then, go to “Settings” / “Update Status” / “Check for Updates”. Allow any Updates to run.

5. When finished, repeat the steps (#1 - #3) above and reset “Windows Update Properties” to “DISABLE” - so Updates will not automatically run.

[Note: This cumbersome procedure should allow all “metered” ISP connections to control when Windows Updates are done.]

AJ-Dalton, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

Metered Connection Disables Automatically after enabling

1. Metered Connection Disables Automatically after enabling - Similar Threads - Metered Connection Disables

2. Metered connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Metered connection: What can I do when I can't download my Windows Updates because I am on a metered connection. I went to check on my Windows Updates and found a message that said I needed to check if I was on unmetered connection. If not, I may get charged for downloading them. I am on an...
  3. Metered Connections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Metered Connections: How do I change my settings so I can connect to WI-FI? At the moment, it says I can only use an ethernet cord which is not an option. I have a ASUS Desktop running on Windows 10 PRO....
  4. Metered Connection

Metered Connection: A while back I was having troubles downloading all the Windows 10 updates. Call tech support and bottom line they set my computer to a metered connection. That solved my problems. It worked. Me internet provider only supplies me with 10 mbps of download speed. Yesterday I...
  5. Configure automatic updates and metered connection

in Windows 10 Customization
    Configure automatic updates and metered connection: I have my connection set as metered to give me more control over Windows updates. And from reading blog posts, Windows won't download feature updates when metered is on. However, it will download security updates which is what I want. Can I use group policy to configure...
  6. METERED CONNECTION

METERED CONNECTION: I must have pressed something because now when I open my Outlook to check my mail I get a message about me being on a metered connection. How do I turn that warning off? Many Thankx Jeff...
  7. Metered Connection

Metered Connection: I can't seem to change my WiFi settings to meteted connection on windows 10. I have gone through the steps on the microsoft site and when I get to manage know networks and I select any of my networks it's shows me either share, or forget, buh doesn't show me properties. How...
  8. Bluetooth disabled when internet connection is metered.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth disabled when internet connection is metered.: Why is bluetooth disabled when the internet connection is metered? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/bluetooth-disabled-when-internet-connection-is/6aa954c8-8bb7-4290-a632-b347e88668da
  9. Enable or Disable Automatic Pause OneDrive Sync on Metered Network

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Automatic Pause OneDrive Sync on Metered Network: How to: Enable or Disable Automatic Pause OneDrive Sync on Metered Network How to Enable or Disable Automatic Pause OneDrive Sync when on Metered Network in Windows 10 Microsoft account. OneDrive is integrated into Windows 10 where you can view, browse, upload, and...
  10. How helpful would enabling 'metered connection' be?

How helpful would enabling 'metered connection' be?: Hi, I have read "Wi‑Fi networks. By default, Windows sets Wi‑Fi networks to non-metered. But if your Internet service provider charges you by the amount of data you use, setting your network connection to metered can help you limit your data usage." Yes, my ISP charges me...