Windows 10: Metered connection option keeps turning off

Discus and support Metered connection option keeps turning off in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. I got this annoying problem, when i set a connection as metered windows turning it off! in other word the option does not save!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MHParsa, Jun 19, 2019.

1. MHParsa Win User

Metered connection option keeps turning off

Hi.

I got this annoying problem, when i set a connection as metered windows turning it off! in other word the option does not save!

:)

MHParsa, Jun 19, 2019

2. Set Metered Connection not an option

Hi,

You may try the steps below and check.

To set a Wi-Fi network connection as metered:

• Select Start > Settings > Network & Internet
      > Wi-Fi > Manage known networks.
    • Select the Wi-Fi network > Properties > turn on Set as metered connection
    Hope this helps.

Joy Kemprai, Jun 19, 2019
  3. Metered Connection Option is gone!!!! HELP

• What's a metered connection?
      • A metered connection is an Internet connection that has a data limit associated with it. Cellular data connections are set as metered by default. Wi-Fi network connections can be set to metered, but aren't by default. Some apps and features in Windows will
        behave differently on a metered connection to help reduce your data usage.
      • To set a Wi-Fi network connection as metered:
        • Select Start > Settings > Network & Internet.
        • Select Wi-Fi > Advanced options > Set as metered connection.
    When I get to Advanced Options, there's no option for set as metered connection. Why? I can't set data usage limits or anything close to it.

-JSJ

Mook Sheppard, Jun 19, 2019
  4. Metered connection option keeps turning off

Metered connections in Windows 10

Hi Roger,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let me guide you how to turn on metered connection on Windows 10.

To turn on the metered connection follow the below steps:

• Connect to the network that you want to turn on the metered connection.

• Click on the network icon on the system tray and click on
      Network settings.

• Click on Wi-Fi on the left pane and click on
      Advanced option on the right side.
    • Now you can turn on the metered connection.
    Hope this helps. Post us in case if you have any further issues with Windows, we will be glad to help you further.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

Metered connection option keeps turning off

1. Metered connection option keeps turning off - Similar Threads - Metered connection option

2. Turn Off Metered Connection Warning in Outlook Without Changing System Settings?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Turn Off Metered Connection Warning in Outlook Without Changing System Settings?: Hello! Question pretty much in the subject. I have Microsoft Office 365 on my Windows 10 PC. I have my home network set as a metered connection, for a reason. I do not want that to change. I noticed that I was able to change the "automatically pause syncing on a metered...
  3. Can't install driver due to "metered connection", but metered connection is actually turned...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't install driver due to "metered connection", but metered connection is actually turned...: I am trying to install our printer on my daughter's Acer notebook but it gets half way through and then tells me it can't complete the installation due to being on a metered connection. But when you go to network settings metered connection is set to off and is greyed out....
  4. Metered Connection

Metered Connection: A while back I was having troubles downloading all the Windows 10 updates. Call tech support and bottom line they set my computer to a metered connection. That solved my problems. It worked. Me internet provider only supplies me with 10 mbps of download speed. Yesterday I...
  5. metered connection off

metered connection off: hallo everyone may some one please help me with switching on the metered cellular data connection on, thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/metered-connection-off/d30889c7-e455-4ff8-8256-af9429436734
  6. Metered Connection - Stil Gettin Messages and Setting is Turned to Off

Metered Connection - Stil Gettin Messages and Setting is Turned to Off: Recently purchased a new PC with Windows 10. I am now seeing messages in several places about having a metered connection. I checked the WiFi settings and the setting is turned to off for a metered connection yet the PC is still telling me the connection is metered in my...
  7. Turn On or Off Download Updates over Metered Connections in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Download Updates over Metered Connections in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Download Updates over Metered Connections in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Allow Automatically Download Updates over Metered Connections in Windows 10 By default, Windows Update in Windows 10 will automatically download and install updates,...
  8. Turn Off / Cancel / Remove Metered Connection Status

Turn Off / Cancel / Remove Metered Connection Status: I don't recall the details, but several months ago a Windows update item repeatedly failed to install on this PC. I thought the install attempts were interfering with my use of the PC. I followed a suggestion that I set my connection as "metered" to give me more control over...
  9. Turn On or Off Download Maps over Metered Connections in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Download Maps over Metered Connections in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Download Maps over Metered Connections in Windows 10 Turn On or Off Download Offline Maps over Metered Connections in Windows 10 Windows 10 comes with the Maps app preinstalled. Maps is your guide to everywhere. Find your way with voice navigation...
  10. Turn On or Off Device Software over Metered Connection in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Device Software over Metered Connection in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Device Software over Metered Connection in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Download Device Software over Metered Connection in Windows 10 [img] Information Internet service providers can charge by the amount of data used (the amount of data...