Windows 10: Method of creating a domain in Windows 10

Discus and support Method of creating a domain in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can I create a domain in Windows 10 without using "windows server". For example : IIS.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by samirkarim2, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Method of creating a domain in Windows 10

Can I create a domain in Windows 10 without using "windows server". For example : IIS.

:)

samirkarim2, Jan 16, 2019
  2. sammy Win User

Question:- How to add client to domain from domain controller side?

Hi Guys,

-I have domain called lab.com created on virtual machine Windows Server 2008
    -I have added a client machine Linux machine rhel6 to domain lab.com in /etc/host file
    -I am able to ping DC from linux machine by IP and hostname .
    But from DC I can only ping Linux machine by IP address and not by its hostname "rhel61.lab.com"

I don't want to add linux machine entry to DC's hosts file as it is DC so it should resolve it

But I wish to know what step or doings I am missing from DC side that I am not able to ping linux machine by its hostname.

Please suggest.

Thanks.

sammy, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Installing Windows Vista/7 Via flash drive (Mussels Method)

Thread updated with a newer method that allows multiple windows OS's on the one USB. nice little windows GUI, but a few more steps than the old method.

This method supports XP.

Mussels, Jan 16, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Method of creating a domain in Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

Method of creating a domain in Windows 10

1. Method of creating a domain in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Method creating domain

2. Issue in using input method in Domain user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue in using input method in Domain user: We are using a tool for Input Keyboard in Windows 10. While using in as administrator it works fine but when we use it in domain user we find that the tool is disable in Input Methods. Can anyone tell about which service is making is disable ?...
  3. Issue in using input method in Domain user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue in using input method in Domain user: We are using a tool for Input Keyboard in Windows 10. While using in as administrator it works fine but when we use it in domain user we find that the tool is disable in Input Methods. Can anyone tell about which service is making is disable ?...
  4. Issue in using input method in Domain user

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 default login method set to local / domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 default login method set to local / domain: I am currently trying to implement the following configuration for the Windows 10 login as part of a project. The last logged in user will not be remembered for security reasons done and at login the option Local / Domain Login should be displayed as default. The use of...
  6. Windows 10 default login method set to local / domain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 default login method set to local / domain: I am currently trying to implement the following configuration for the Windows 10 login as part of a project. The last logged in user will not be remembered for security reasons done and at login the option Local / Domain Login should be displayed as default. The use of...
  7. Windows 10 default login method set to local / domain

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. How to create a domain on Windows Server

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to create a domain on Windows Server: This guide is especially made for server admins and people who want to create a domain at their office, company or university. We will teach you how to create a domain and add users to it step by step, but first, read the next section if you want to know what exactly a...
  9. how to create a new user on a domain in windows 10 pro

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to create a new user on a domain in windows 10 pro: need to install a new user on our domain we are using windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-a-new-user-on-a-domain-in-windows-10/01f98fc0-6351-40e1-8d06-937b5a10fc2c
  10. Method of creating a domain in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Method of creating a domain in Windows 10: Can I create a domain in Windows 10 without using "windows server". For example : IIS. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/method-of-creating-a-domain-in-windows-10/237d997b-5bc7-4ae0-9e5c-7d8d13568b1e

Users found this page by searching for:

1. creating a domain in windows 10

2. creating domain on windows 10

3. creating domain without server in windows 10