Windows 10: Method or application for updating files and/or applications on many remote computers?

Discus and support Method or application for updating files and/or applications on many remote computers? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have several Windows 10 and Windows 7 machines that are operating remotely. Sometimes, certain files or executables need to be updated. This would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by amurpk, Jul 28, 2021.

1. amurpk Win User

Method or application for updating files and/or applications on many remote computers?

I have several Windows 10 and Windows 7 machines that are operating remotely. Sometimes, certain files or executables need to be updated. This would involve the following.Close running program.Delete its current executableCopy the new executableReplace delete and copy any files as neededRelaunch the programI was wondering if there is an application of some sort that would allow me to control this across individual systems individual update or across all systems bulk update.

:)

amurpk, Jul 28, 2021
  2. Roohi_Taj Win User

Applications Fail to Start with Kernelbase.dll error

Thank you for your response, JeffCollins2.

• Have you tried creating a new profile (Method 3) from the previous post?
    • Are you facing this same issue with all the applications or it is specific to Quicken application?

Please follow the steps mentioned below and let us know the results.

Method 1: Check for updates.

I would suggest you to check if you have installed all the updates on the computer. There are chances that you might have pending updates as the system is in 1803 version.

Open the Settings page > Go to Update and Security> Click on
    Check for Updates. Once the updates are installed, restart the pc and check for the issue.

Method 2: Repair the quicken application.

If the issue is specific to ‘Quicken’ application, I would suggest you to repair the application or reinstall it.

Method 3: Run System File Checker.

If still you are facing the issue, then you can try
    running a System File Checker
    [SFC] scan on the computer which will replace the missing or corrupt files & check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jul 28, 2021
  3. ShayMeyer Win User
    Assign a new version of an application to open a file

Hi Deepak_Krishnan R

Thank you for your reply.

The first method you suggest got me nowhere. The application that I require is not listed. It seems that only applications in the Program Files folder get to be listed. The application that I want is in Program Files (X86) in a sub-folder of
    a sub-folder. The lowest level has one sub-folder for each version of the application.

The second method that you suggest is essentially what I tried in the first place, except that I accessed it via Control Panel. As in my original query, it did not achieve the desired result.

ShayMeyer, Jul 28, 2021
  4. Kreij Win User

Method or application for updating files and/or applications on many remote computers?

Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 Application Compatibility Update

Would have been nice if they indicated which applications were actually improved as opposed to just hard or soft blocked.

Kreij, Jul 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Method or application for updating files and/or applications on many remote computers? - Similar Threads - Method application updating

2. Windows Inbox-Driver application method?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Inbox-Driver application method?: We are a manufacturer of network card device, we hope that Microsoft can include our network card driver in the next release of a new version of Windowswe have already pushed our driver to Windows Update, but it needs our customers to connect to network first. But we haven't...
  3. Windows Inbox-Driver application method?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Inbox-Driver application method?: We are a manufacturer of network card device, we hope that Microsoft can include our network card driver in the next release of a new version of Windowswe have already pushed our driver to Windows Update, but it needs our customers to connect to network first. But we haven't...
  4. Update is not applicable to your computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update is not applicable to your computer: Hi, I am running Windows Server 2016 and have tried installing the cumulative update KB5014702 but was not able to do so as the error message "The update is not applicable to your computer" was shown. I've installed the pre-requisite Servicing stack update KB5014026 before...
  5. Update is not applicable to your computer

Update is not applicable to your computer: Hi, I am running Windows Server 2016 and have tried installing the cumulative update KB5014702 but was not able to do so as the error message "The update is not applicable to your computer" was shown. I've installed the pre-requisite Servicing stack update KB5014026 before...
  6. The update is not applicable to your computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The update is not applicable to your computer: Hi,We are facing this issue "The update is not applicable to your computer" in our Windows 2012 R2 server when we try to update the windows.This server is not getting updated till now. This is the first time we are trying to push the patches....
  7. The update is not applicable to your computer

The update is not applicable to your computer: Hi,We are facing this issue "The update is not applicable to your computer" in our Windows 2012 R2 server when we try to update the windows.This server is not getting updated till now. This is the first time we are trying to push the patches....
  8. The update is not applicable to your computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The update is not applicable to your computer: Hi! I tried to install windows media pack for my laptop but it always shows "The update is not applicable to your computer". I have downloaded the correct version 1803. How can I solve this? Many thanks!...
  9. Many of my application are not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Many of my application are not working.: After updating widow I was not able to type in the search box. Then I tried running the following command : Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Where-Object {$.InstallLocation -like "SystemApps"} Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  10. UI issues on many applications

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    UI issues on many applications: Hey guys, I have Lenovo X1 Carbon 20BT from past couple of months with genuine Windows 10 Pro license. I also did fresh Windows 10 Pro installed some days ago but still facing this issue. Mostly application UI dont load fully and I cant see fully options of many softwares....