Windows 10: Method to open any Windows 10 Apps from command line

Discus and support Method to open any Windows 10 Apps from command line in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I am here to share how to open any Windows 10 Apps from command line. 1. Open Code: shell:AppsFolder[/quote] 2. Find your app 3.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by benny10033, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Method to open any Windows 10 Apps from command line

Hi everyone, I am here to share how to open any Windows 10 Apps from command line.

1. Open Code: shell:AppsFolder[/quote] 2. Find your app
    3. Right click and choose "Create Shortcut"
    4. Yes, placed the shortcut on desktop
    5. Right click the shortcut and choose "Properties"
    6. Take a look on the Target Type
    7. Open powershell (by opening start and type powershell)
    8. Type Code: get-appxpackage > 123.txt[/quote] 9. Win-key + r then put "%UserProfile%" in the box and enter
    10. Open 123.txt
    11. Find the PackageFamilyName in the txt that matches with the Target Type you from the properties (You can use ctrl + f)
    12. Browse to the InstallLocation corresponded to the PackageFamilyName
    13. Open the AppxManifest.xml
    14. Look for "Executable=" for the app you want. (As some app package contains more than one app, such mail and calendar are under the same packetage)
    15. On the same line, find the ID of the app
    16 Then your command line is :
    Code: explorer.exe shell:appsFolder\put-your-PackageFamilyName-here!put-your-app-ID-here[/quote] Such as mail:
    Code: explorer.exe shell:appsFolder\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe!microsoft.windowslive.mail ^Here is the PackageFamilyName !^Here is the app ID[/quote]

:)

benny10033, Jul 21, 2016
  2. apkdev Win User

How to launch / load Coratna from the DOS command line ?

This statement is not just unhelpful but also blatantly false; It is
    entirely

possible
    to run UWP apps from command line.

apkdev, Jul 21, 2016
  3. When I click on the 'Get Windows 10' icon it will not open.

I have tried method 1 and 2 but that did'nt solve the problem.

I did run the System File Checker on the Command Line which found some corrupt files.

Would that cause the Windows 10 app not to open?

Paul R Pink, Jul 21, 2016
  4. waraucida Win User

Method to open any Windows 10 Apps from command line

really? *Sleepy
    followed all the steps to have a shell code to launch mail app from rainmeter.
    then i saw your example
    MAIL

waraucida, Mar 2, 2017
  5. Have you done it? It seem fine on my side.

benny10033, Mar 3, 2017
  6. waraucida Win User
    yes, it worked very well. thank you

waraucida, Mar 3, 2017
  7. vel2000 Win User
    So far so good, but what about shortcuts, which were pinned to the start-menu from inside an app?
    For example, I'm using the "Zattoo" live-stream app.
    Command, which works well:
    Code: explorer.exe shell:appsFolder\ZattooEuropaAG.ZattooLiveTV_cwpjhwd4pd0ma!App[/quote] But, this app allows me to pin several channels to the start menu, to run them directly, without starting the app itself first.
    So I need to run the above command line with parameters...
    Where are these kinds of shortcuts stored?

Method to open any Windows 10 Apps from command line [​IMG]

vel2000, Apr 8, 2017
  8. Method to open any Windows 10 Apps from command line

benny10033, Apr 8, 2017
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
  10. madscijr Win User
    Could someone please post how to do this in a vbscript, for those of us who prefer vbs? Thanks!

madscijr, May 2, 2017
  11. This is great and all, however it seems that when you launch a Win10 App this way that it create additional 'Windows Explorer' processes that doesn't seem to terminate after you've closed the Win10 Apps. Any way to get around this?

WinXUser78, May 13, 2017
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It shouldn't using the command below.

App Commands List for Windows 10 Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

Brink, May 13, 2017
  13. Method to open any Windows 10 Apps from command line

Ah okay, thanks.
    It says it works with shortcuts also, how does one do this? Do you have to first create a script with the command and then create a shortcut of the script which allows you to change the icon also?

WinXUser78, May 13, 2017
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You can create a shortcut using the command as the target location.

Brink, May 13, 2017
  15. When I try it this way it says that the Target box is invalid, IDK what I'm doing wrong?

WinXUser78, May 13, 2017
Thema:

Method to open any Windows 10 Apps from command line

1. Method to open any Windows 10 Apps from command line - Similar Threads - Method open Apps

2. How to open an image in paint 3d from command line?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to open an image in paint 3d from command line?: I have an image, "D:\Misc\1.jpg".I want to open/edit it in paint 3d, which is a windows store app, I think.I want to do that operation from command line. How to do that?I have tried the following with no success.mspaint "D:\Misc\1.jpg" /ForceBootstrapPaint3D ms-paint:...
  3. Windows 10 Command Line

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Command Line: Microsoft Windows [Version 10_____________________] c 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\_________>d: D:\>COSMOS\MYTEST\"My Test.mw" D:\> 1 Is there a way to use the command CLS to clear only a portion of contents on a screen? 2 The above code...
  4. Windows 10 Command Line

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Command Line: In the following code I want to erase the second instance of D:\>COSMOS\MYTEST\"My Test.mw" How can I do that? Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18363.1016] c 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\Coover> d: D:\> :: move program execution from the...
  5. I can't open any microsoft related apps. I've tried any method, from resetting the app...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't open any microsoft related apps. I've tried any method, from resetting the app...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Fauzan_Syahbana [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ef0t2y/i_cant_open_any_microsoft_related_apps_ive_tried/
  6. Access windows 10 stopwatch from command line.

in Windows 10 Support
    Access windows 10 stopwatch from command line.: Is it possible to start and stop the windows 10 stopwatch from the command line. I can open the app using the shell:startup trick but unless I use autohotkey or powershell (when I might as well use them for a stopwatch package). I would like to start the stopwatch when a...
  7. Windows Command-Line: The Evolution of the Windows Command-Line

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Command-Line: The Evolution of the Windows Command-Line: Welcome to the second post in this "Windows Command-Line" series. In this post we'll discuss some of the background & history behind the Windows Command-Line. Specifically, we’ll explore its humble origins in MS-DOS, to its modern-day incarnation supporting tools like...
  8. Opening windows store apps from command line

Opening windows store apps from command line: How do I open windows store apps like Hulu from the command prompt? 44674
  9. setting default apps from command line?

setting default apps from command line?: in win7, after installation and setting the correct file associations, the correct program would start upon double clicking in win10 however, it popups wanting you to set a ?default app?. ive seen this happen for klite codec pack, firefox, utorrent i do unattended...
  10. Command-line method using clipboard to copy multiple images

in Windows 10 Support
    Command-line method using clipboard to copy multiple images: After a lot of searching i have only found two possible tools that might do this. The one that seems rated best is called CopyQ. While it did install and appears to be available, I cannot seem to state to function correctly to get it to copy an image (test.png) to a word...