Windows 10: Metro 2.0 Not Yet Ready in Windows 9, Full Focus on the...

Discus and support Metro 2.0 Not Yet Ready in Windows 9, Full Focus on the... in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Now it’s a sure thing that Microsoft is going to significantly improve the desktop in Windows 9, but according to sources that revealed some of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Sep 12, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

Metro 2.0 Not Yet Ready in Windows 9, Full Focus on the...

More

:)

labeeman, Sep 12, 2014

2. htc hd2 not connecting to mac using the app windows phone connector

I have a Samsung Focus with the same problem. Mac Connector v.2.0 Is there a fix coming out soon? I have yet to receive any assistance. Thanks.

CarlosCrooks, Sep 12, 2014
  3. petrib Win User
    my space...

Nope. The N70 can only support Flash-Lite 1.1 or Flash-Lite 2.0, but not "full" Flash (9 or otherwise).

petrib, Sep 12, 2014
  4. LittleJay Win User

Interactive live tiles on the Start screen would be a nice feature. But I'll bet you the stomachs of a few hardcore W7 enthusiasts will turn sour at the mention of Metro 2.0! *Biggrin

LittleJay, Sep 12, 2014
  5. labeeman Win User
    I do not think it can get any worse than Metro 1 any thing will be better than what they have now.

labeeman, Sep 12, 2014
  6. Odd they don't have the modern side readied. But then again, this preview build is to be called the Windows Technology Preview geared for the enterprise, so it makes sense.

Bet you a Bitcoin that on the day they show off everything new with Windows, we'll get to see what's in store. More like, I'LL get to see what's in store as this mini Start Screen menu is such a drag! *Tongue

Coke Robot, Sep 13, 2014
  7. Rickkins Win User
    The, and I quote "few hardcore W7 enthusiasts" you refer to represents about 90% of windows users. Keep that metro for those who like it, I have no problem with that, to each his own. But keep that crap off my desktop. End of discussion.

Edit: Of course, we are getting ahead of ourselves a bit here... it could well be that 9 will please everyone.... I'm betting it will.

They can't release that thing too soon...!!

Rickkins, Sep 13, 2014
  8. Tony K Win User

Quoting the article:

OMG! I’ll have to sound like them! > I’ll decide what I want on my machine! *Tongue

Tony K, Sep 13, 2014
  9. On that quoted bit, still unsure how that will work on a Laptop with touch screen

How will MS know if I want to use the mouse/keyboard (always attached) or use the touchscreen side of it (always active)

let me chose seems the only way, I cant see how they can decide on a machine that has touch and a mouse/keyboard

paulsalter, Sep 13, 2014
  10. Tony K Win User
    Sounds to be more like gadgets.

Metro 2.0 Metro 2.0 Metro 2.0 Metro 2.0 Metro 2.0 Metro 2.0 Metro 2.0 Metro 2.0 Metro 2.0 Metro 2.0 *Tongue

Tony K, Sep 13, 2014
  11. Tony K Win User
    It seems to me that it would have to be configurable just like 8.1.

Tony K, Sep 13, 2014
  12. WHS
    whs Win User
    I think we should get away from the name Metro. It has too many blood stains. Let's call it W9UI and hope that we will like it.

I hope they come out with something really exiting the first time W9 shows it's face. Another initial negative review would not help and would be very difficult to iron out. A sequence of 2 operating system releases that do not convince the crowds would be pretty earthshaking.

Btw - I like 8.1 - but I am not 'the crowd'.

13. LittleJay Win User

Now, now now HG. Are trying to start a riot! LOL

LittleJay, Sep 13, 2014
  14. Mystere Win User
    Reminds me of that Berlin song from the 80's... Riding on the metro.....

Mystere, Sep 13, 2014
  15. Tony K Win User
    You’re correct. I usually call it Modern/Metro, but from now on I’ll call it Modern. Technically that’s the proper name.

You can bet they will continue honing the Modern. Much better system than the old dinosaur desktop way of performing things IMO. I’m hoping they port a lot more CP settings there, if not all.

I’m quite sure they’ll work out the multi-windowing of Store apps. I’m also looking forward to the Modern Office suite. I will be 95% Modern then, for that’s really the only think I have left that opens on the desktop. I’m using the Modern OneNote. I’m hardly ever in File Explorer for I use the OneDrive Store app instead.

I obtained free Store apps such as one to replace Notepad, a dictionary, calculator, etc. I also got a $50 MS account gift card when I bought my Lumia I can use towards apps and other items.

After watching the video John posted here, I can see where the desktop is being treated more like a Modern app. It just dawned on me (after helping someone the other day) that when I purchased a MS Arc mouse during 7 and installed MS Keyboard and Mouse Center that it had a Modern UI, but opens on the desktop. It's linked in the mouse properties via CP or type "mouse" in search.

Metro 2.0 Not Yet Ready in Windows 9, Full Focus on the... 5102d1485948061t-metro-2-0-not-yet-ready-windows-9-full-focus-mouse-properties-snip.png

Metro 2.0 Not Yet Ready in Windows 9, Full Focus on the... 5103d1485948061t-metro-2-0-not-yet-ready-windows-9-full-focus-screenshot-168-.png

I'm beginning to see what Kerry (alphanumeric) means when he states that sooner or later with some we won't tell the difference. If I auto hide my Taskbar, I won’t be able to until I close the app out then the desktop remains. But then it’s > Hold WinKey > Tap period key > Down arrow > Release WinKey. I belong to MS CEIP and that’s my way of voting to get rid of it. *Biggrin

Tony K, Sep 13, 2014
Thema:

1. Metro 2.0 Not Yet Ready in Windows 9, Full Focus on the... - Similar Threads - Metro Yet Ready

2. Is windows 11 ready yet?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is windows 11 ready yet?: I am building a brand new pc and I purchased windows 11 for my OS. I installed windows fine but then windows crashed. After the crash windows never finishes booting. There are no backups to recover to. I tried to reinstall windows but the storage drive isn’t visible. On my...
  3. Is windows 11 ready yet?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is windows 11 ready yet?: I am building a brand new pc and I purchased windows 11 for my OS. I installed windows fine but then windows crashed. After the crash windows never finishes booting. There are no backups to recover to. I tried to reinstall windows but the storage drive isn’t visible. On my...
  4. Japanese IME is not ready yet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese IME is not ready yet: I've downloaded the Japanese pack in the preferred language, but I can't use the Japanese characters on the keyboard. I've seen some suggestions and have tried some suggestions such as removing the japanese pack, checking it in Windows PowerShell, it says there too installed...
  5. Japanese IME is not ready yet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Japanese IME is not ready yet: I've downloaded the Japanese pack in the preferred language, but I can't use the Japanese characters on the keyboard. I've seen some suggestions and have tried some suggestions such as removing the japanese pack, checking it in Windows PowerShell, it says there too installed...
  6. "Japanese IME is not ready yet"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Japanese IME is not ready yet": Hi there.Recently I have been trying to download the Japanese pack on my computer since I'm learning Japanese. I downloaded the pack, but every time I'm trying to switch from the English keyboard on the Japanese pack to Japanese, I'm getting an error saying "Japanese IME is...
  7. "Japanese IME is not ready yet"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Japanese IME is not ready yet": Hi there.Recently I have been trying to download the Japanese pack on my computer since I'm learning Japanese. I downloaded the pack, but every time I'm trying to switch from the English keyboard on the Japanese pack to Japanese, I'm getting an error saying "Japanese IME is...
  8. Tamil IME is not ready yet!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tamil IME is not ready yet!: I could not able to solve this issue since from the windows 10 updated.Could you please help to solve this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tamil-ime-is-not-ready-yet/e909a7ba-b83c-40f4-8e1a-684810f2b033
  9. Japanese IME is not ready yet.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Japanese IME is not ready yet.: Since updated Windows 10, Japanese input became unavailable. When I try to switch to Japanese, a message "Japanese IME is not ready yet." shows up. And as checked Japanese language pack, all language packs except English are empty. When I try to download each items, Basic...
  10. Asphalt 9 and error: Transaction Failed error 0-0-2-0--6008

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Asphalt 9 and error: Transaction Failed error 0-0-2-0--6008: Hello, Dear! I wanted to buy a season pass, but I get an error. Can this problem be solved? What does this error mean? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asphalt-9-and-error-transaction-failed-error-0-0-2/111af777-18ab-46e4-8fc9-d8a3a431fad3