Windows 10: Metro 2.0 Not Yet Ready in Windows 9, Full Focus on the...

Discus and support Metro 2.0 Not Yet Ready in Windows 9, Full Focus on the... in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Now, now now HG. Are trying to start a riot! LOL Perhaps *Wink JkVm9zZ_4RU Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Tony K Win User

Metro 2.0 Not Yet Ready in Windows 9, Full Focus on the...

Perhaps *Wink

[youtube]JkVm9zZ_4RU[/youtube]

Tony K, Sep 13, 2014

2. Actually, M$ did. They got sued over Metro for trademark infringement. The official name of the GUI is now Modern. Personally, I have other names for it but Mama told me not to use those words.

Lady Fitzgerald, Sep 14, 2014
  3. I never saw an real proof of that (maybe German newspapers had follow up stories).
    It could have been blogger waffle (like a lot of "news articles").

I think that it was a convenient excuse.
    "Metro is creating a deluge of criticism. If we change the name, our idiot customers won't realise it's the same thing."

Lets face it, (even in the US) a judge should be able to tell the difference between a computer GUI and a supermarket chain.

lehnerus2000, Sep 14, 2014
  4. CountMike New Member

As I'm due for a new GPU I think I'll just ad third monitor (doesn't have to be a big one) just to keep Metro/Modern/Start screen on it.
    The real problem with Metro/Modern/Start screen is really not it's existence but lack of proper Apps for it and the way they work. If they worked same way as desktop ones, programers for them would have more room to expand them to something useful. Another good thing for Apps would be to be able to download them without going thru the store and install them independently. The way they are presented now looks too much like what people are doing now with smart phones and hence are considering "Metro/Modern/Start screen" a "phone or tablet ONLY feature" which is false at least.
    Live tiles, or something like that existed in Win7 too, they were called Gadgets than.

CountMike, Sep 14, 2014
  5. Agreed.
    I never understood why MS didn't "bite the bullet" and pay someone to create a "Killer App" (e.g. Adobe Photoshop App), which could have been included in the default install.

Vista too (my friend’s Vista laptop had them).

lehnerus2000, Sep 14, 2014
  6. CountMike New Member
    I kinda skipped and jumped over Vista, I was caught up with HW changes at the time and by the time I got HW up to par with Vista requirements, W7 showed up and I grabbed it eagerly. I did manage to install Vista to some surprisingly weak computer and it didn't run any slower (although it did seem a bit sluggish) but benchmarks proved that it was no slower than XP once proper drivers were devised.

CountMike, Sep 14, 2014
  7. WHS
    whs Win User
    I liked the gadgets in the Vista sidebar. There they always on top and did not interfere with the pages like in W7 when you put them on top. E.g. my CPU and RAM meter I like to always see. That tells me immediately when something strange goes on. The Application Launcher was also handy because it was always accessible and you could store a lot of shortcuts. I had even tweaked my Windows 7 to show the sidebar.

Metro 2.0 Not Yet Ready in Windows 9, Full Focus on the... 5120d1485948061t-metro-2-0-not-yet-ready-windows-9-full-focus-2014-09-15_2309.png

8. z3r010 Win User

Yep the sidebar in Vista was very useful especially with wide screen monitors, It's such a shame they killed it off as I never found any other product that worked as well.

z3r010, Sep 15, 2014
  9. Mystere Win User
    Well, if you have a wide enough monitor, you can use Metro for a sidebar...

Metro 2.0 Not Yet Ready in Windows 9, Full Focus on the... 5121d1485948061t-metro-2-0-not-yet-ready-windows-9-full-focus-screenshot-1-.png

Mystere, Sep 15, 2014
  10. Tony K Win User
    I think MS will develop ways to slay the “two-headed dragon” of 8.x. Here’s one thing interesting that they’re working on, although it pertains to the Start Screen, but includes the desktop:

Interactive Windows Live Tiles shown off, could it be a part of Windows 9?

We know that marriage of the desktop and Store apps now exists via snapping as you show, Mystere, except it’s limited to one Store app. Perhaps multi-windowing the Store apps will solve that problem so as to stack Store app windows on top of one another. That way one could have something similar to Gadgets, as you show in your screenshot. The next problem would be to store the configuration of stacked desired apps so to open at will. I always thought it to be a good idea to save multiple desktops with frequently used programs with different tasks one needs to perform so as to open at will. I know one can configure 1 so to open at boot.

Tony K, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Metro 2.0 Not Yet Ready in Windows 9, Full Focus on the... - Similar Threads - Metro Yet Ready

2. Is windows 11 ready yet?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is windows 11 ready yet?: I am building a brand new pc and I purchased windows 11 for my OS. I installed windows fine but then windows crashed. After the crash windows never finishes booting. There are no backups to recover to. I tried to reinstall windows but the storage drive isn’t visible. On my...
  3. Is windows 11 ready yet?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is windows 11 ready yet?: I am building a brand new pc and I purchased windows 11 for my OS. I installed windows fine but then windows crashed. After the crash windows never finishes booting. There are no backups to recover to. I tried to reinstall windows but the storage drive isn’t visible. On my...
  4. Japanese IME is not ready yet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese IME is not ready yet: I've downloaded the Japanese pack in the preferred language, but I can't use the Japanese characters on the keyboard. I've seen some suggestions and have tried some suggestions such as removing the japanese pack, checking it in Windows PowerShell, it says there too installed...
  5. Japanese IME is not ready yet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Japanese IME is not ready yet: I've downloaded the Japanese pack in the preferred language, but I can't use the Japanese characters on the keyboard. I've seen some suggestions and have tried some suggestions such as removing the japanese pack, checking it in Windows PowerShell, it says there too installed...
  6. "Japanese IME is not ready yet"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Japanese IME is not ready yet": Hi there.Recently I have been trying to download the Japanese pack on my computer since I'm learning Japanese. I downloaded the pack, but every time I'm trying to switch from the English keyboard on the Japanese pack to Japanese, I'm getting an error saying "Japanese IME is...
  7. "Japanese IME is not ready yet"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Japanese IME is not ready yet": Hi there.Recently I have been trying to download the Japanese pack on my computer since I'm learning Japanese. I downloaded the pack, but every time I'm trying to switch from the English keyboard on the Japanese pack to Japanese, I'm getting an error saying "Japanese IME is...
  8. Tamil IME is not ready yet!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tamil IME is not ready yet!: I could not able to solve this issue since from the windows 10 updated.Could you please help to solve this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tamil-ime-is-not-ready-yet/e909a7ba-b83c-40f4-8e1a-684810f2b033
  9. Japanese IME is not ready yet.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Japanese IME is not ready yet.: Since updated Windows 10, Japanese input became unavailable. When I try to switch to Japanese, a message "Japanese IME is not ready yet." shows up. And as checked Japanese language pack, all language packs except English are empty. When I try to download each items, Basic...
  10. Asphalt 9 and error: Transaction Failed error 0-0-2-0--6008

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Asphalt 9 and error: Transaction Failed error 0-0-2-0--6008: Hello, Dear! I wanted to buy a season pass, but I get an error. Can this problem be solved? What does this error mean? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asphalt-9-and-error-transaction-failed-error-0-0-2/111af777-18ab-46e4-8fc9-d8a3a431fad3