Windows 10: Metro apps display blank tiles - Windows 10

Discus and support Metro apps display blank tiles - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm having trouble with the metro icons, in that instead of displaying the icon for the app, its showing nothing but the tile, empty. Its doing it for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by leebojammin, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Metro apps display blank tiles - Windows 10

I'm having trouble with the metro icons, in that instead of displaying the icon for the app, its showing nothing but the tile, empty.

Its doing it for firefox and chrome, both, and they are the only ones showing this behavior.

Here:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvVOuPY0RaB5hekJ3V9T--zF7URJIA ( btw this is NOT a link, although I copied from onedrive and pasted here from clipboard as instructed!!!

whats up ?

Also ,yes, I can remove them, and add to metro again, but over a short time of hrs, they disappear again.

Bug ?

Thx anyone Metro apps display blank tiles - Windows 10 ;)

***Title modified from: metro screen ( or whatever we want to call it)***

:)

leebojammin, Feb 9, 2019
  2. Brian_BJB Win User

Metro app tiles stop working

I have upgraded to Win 10 1511 from Win 8.1 and have been having persistent problems with Metro Apps. The rest of Windows seems to be fine. The first issue - unable to uninstall an app - was solved with a repair reinstall of Win 10. I have now uninstalled
    all the Win 8.1 apps I downloaded and reinstalled them. Everything looks fine to start with but over time starting an App from a tile doesn't work beyond showing the initial splash screen. Right clicking on the tile doesn't show the list of options either.
    Eventually none of the Metro Apps will start. However a sign off and on again fixes the problem so there can't be much wrong. I have done all scan/powershell/DISM stuff. These either have no effect or make things worse like App Tiles dimmed without the correct
    icon.

Any one have any ideas how to fix this?

Brian_BJB, Feb 9, 2019
  3. No metro app titlebar text

irinelonofrei, Feb 9, 2019
  4. Metro apps display blank tiles - Windows 10

Windows 10 Mail App Live Tile Won't Update!

Hi,

Thank you for getting in touch with Microsoft Community.

We would like to know if you are receiving the new Emails in Mail app.

Let’s turn the live tile option to off and then again to on and check. Follow the steps provided below.

• Right click on the Mail app.
    • Go to more options.
    • Click on Turn live tile off/on.

After turning it off, I suggest you to turn it on again and check. Follow the above steps to turn it on.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter on your computer from the following link and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Syed Md Bilal, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

Metro apps display blank tiles - Windows 10

1. Metro apps display blank tiles - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Metro apps display

2. Metro Apps not installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Metro Apps not installed: Hi there, I used to have a problem where metro apps wouldn't open, so I did an in-place upgrade of Windows 10. After the upgrade finished, the metro apps just didn't exist, I couldn't find them via search or settings, and whenever I use the PowerShell commands it just says...
  3. windows 10 apps display error blank icon

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 apps display error blank icon: Dear Microsoft i need solution for this trouble if somebody know it please help me some of my apps can't run as admin like this blank icons and when im try open windows repair its says[IMG] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  4. Removing metro apps. Windows 10 1903

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Removing metro apps. Windows 10 1903: Metro apps didn`t remove. I have 2 user accounts. One of them is admin. Usually I work on the second user, e.g. simple user. I tried to remove metro apps in this account by windows power shell command: Get-AppxPackage | Remove-AppxPackage . Metro apps weren`t removed. It...
  5. Windows 10 - Microsoft Messenger (Metro App)

Windows 10 - Microsoft Messenger (Metro App): Question, My last update was yesterday. Therefore why are the file stamps for this app, for today? To provide some context, at just after 5pm, mytime, the was brief but noticeable "refresh" across the screen. It is the sort of refresh, one see when they install apps....
  6. Windows 10 tiles going blank after a while

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 tiles going blank after a while: All tiles in the start menu are going blank one by one after a few weeks. The only want to get em back is by going through the untile->tile hoopla. Are there any solutions to this bug? First reported in mid 2017 and yet still going strong!...
  7. Windows 10 metro apps wont open

Windows 10 metro apps wont open: [img] 21342
  8. Remove Windows 10 Metro Apps

Remove Windows 10 Metro Apps: Hi, Even using :: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage :: will leave some apps there, I need to decide if I should remove them manually or not, but I don't know what they do and are they vital? So please help me by letting me know what's each one? Cheers....
  9. Metro Apps Problem

Metro Apps Problem: I don't have Metro (Modern) Apps (Fresh Install). How do i get it? 35052
  10. Blank Tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank Tiles: Was not this problem fixed yet. [img] Henry 104354