Windows 10: Metro apps on Desktop - hardly new - can do already

Discus and support Metro apps on Desktop - hardly new - can do already in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there Running Metro apps on desktop / creating short cuts etc is hardly new as you can do it already in Windows 8.1 Metro apps - desktop /... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Sep 30, 2014.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Metro apps on Desktop - hardly new - can do already

Hi there

Running Metro apps on desktop / creating short cuts etc is hardly new as you can do it already in Windows 8.1

Metro apps - desktop / taskbar / create cascading menu

However I hope that these will now run in proper re-sizeable windows,

The method I've linked still runs the metro apps as they do normally in W8.1 - it saves you though having to switch environments to run these and you can create desktop icons and links too.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Sep 30, 2014
  2. joerango Win User

Remote Desktop App not working

I am using the non-metro (old-style) Remote Desktop client to remotely access a VirtualBox VM (using the remote display option). This works perfectly fine. I am not able to use the new Remote Desktop Metro app to connect to the same machine.

I am running Windows 10 home on my client machine. To summarize: The server is perfectly fine and it works well with the old remote desktop client application. My problem is with the new Remote Desktop App. It stays on 'Initiating remote connection' then
    fails with the error 'Can't connect to remote PC'. I have tried both version of the metro app, the one that came with windows 10 and the new preview version. Both don't work.

What's wrong with the new metro style RDP client?

joerango, Sep 30, 2014
  3. jw library - for windows 8 phones-

interesting. I don't mind not having it on my PC since I already use WT Library. I'll just have to be patient and wait for the brothers to see all of our form stack submissions on this topic.

Michaelrdt, Sep 30, 2014
Thema:

Metro apps on Desktop - hardly new - can do already

1. Metro apps on Desktop - hardly new - can do already - Similar Threads - Metro apps Desktop

2. Metro Apps not installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Metro Apps not installed: Hi there, I used to have a problem where metro apps wouldn't open, so I did an in-place upgrade of Windows 10. After the upgrade finished, the metro apps just didn't exist, I couldn't find them via search or settings, and whenever I use the PowerShell commands it just says...
  3. How do you find new metro apps you just installed?

How do you find new metro apps you just installed?: I can't find new apps I install, is there somewhere special I am supposed to look. I even have problems finding some Legacy programs. 2307
  4. Metro markeplace and VLC desktop-app is down after a backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Metro markeplace and VLC desktop-app is down after a backup: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_store/metro-markeplace-and-vlc-desktop-app-is-down-after/6b8cad8f-a485-4a77-9628-7f07e904840c?tm=1467602478878 I have actually asked the TechNet but it seems no people there are available to answer me. Now...
  5. How do I backup Metro/Modern Apps and App Data?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How do I backup Metro/Modern Apps and App Data?: I would like to backup Metro/Modern Apps, is this possible? Once backed up, how do you restore them? Also, what about Metro/Modern App Data? Thanks. 10475
  6. How do I delete Metro Apps?

How do I delete Metro Apps?: This is absolutely the stupidest beta, I have ever seen. How in the world are we supposed to manage our apps? How do we delete them? I have 97 apps and no idea what 80 of them are, a clean install should just load the essentials unless directed to do else wise. 2519
  7. Metro Apps Problem

Metro Apps Problem: I don't have Metro (Modern) Apps (Fresh Install). How do i get it? 35052
  8. Metro Apps after 1511

Metro Apps after 1511: Hey guys, long time reader fist post tho. i considere myself computer "able"! but i have this stupid problem since upgrading to windows 10. upgrade went fine although when i wanted to register a new user, this new user start menu wont even open. tried many times and did many...
  9. Shortcuts to Metro Apps on Desktop

Shortcuts to Metro Apps on Desktop: I'm not at home with access to Windows 10. Does anyone know if this still works with Windows 10? Launch any Modern app from desktop without going to Metro screen 31336
  10. Metro apps to desktop / custom toolbar (also standard apps)

in Windows 10 Support
    Metro apps to desktop / custom toolbar (also standard apps): Hi there If you want to pin Metro apps / standard apps to desktop / create a custom toolbar with these as CASACADABLE items it's fairly simple. I made a post way back in W8.1 about this --method still works - no reg hacks, XAML knowledge etc needed....