Windows 10: Metro Apps slow to load

Discus and support Metro Apps slow to load in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 the metro apps have been slow to launch if they ever do. The Xbox app takes 3 minutes+ just to load... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sltyler1, Aug 17, 2015.

1. sltyler1 Win User

Metro Apps slow to load

Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 the metro apps have been slow to launch if they ever do. The Xbox app takes 3 minutes+ just to load past a green screen. And the weather metro app never loads, just stays on the blue background.

I have ran a sfc & error checking scans. Made sure I had the update Microsoft just dropped a couple days ago.

I'm assuming it has something to do with the store, it never seems to update the 3 apps that are sitting there for apps like solitaire.

I have 60mbps download speeds so it's not my internet connection.

Thanks for any advice!

:)

sltyler1, Aug 17, 2015

2. Metro Apps Fail to load

I can't launch any Gameloft games on Windows 10 Pro N, I'm running an i7 with 16 gigs of ram and an AMD HD6700 1 gig card.

Regardless of which metro based Game app it is from Gameloft, it fails to load after the gameloft logo and crashes immediately. I did reset all the apps from Powershell, still the same result. What do you have for this to work? Before you ask this is a
    clean windows 10 installation, I refreshed the PC after upgrading from Windows 8.1 Pro N.

Aidroos

Numair Ali Aidroos, Aug 17, 2015
  3. Metro Apps Fail to load

Support Engineer,

You're not even remotely close. I'm referring to metro apps, do you understand the term 'app'? If, yes, well you must or should be expected to know as a Microsoft certified Support Engineer, Metro Apps do not have a compatibility mode applicable. Are you
    seriously this incompetent at Microsoft?

Numair Ali Aidroos, Aug 17, 2015
Thema:

Metro Apps slow to load

1. Metro Apps slow to load - Similar Threads - Metro Apps slow

2. Metro Apps not installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Metro Apps not installed: Hi there, I used to have a problem where metro apps wouldn't open, so I did an in-place upgrade of Windows 10. After the upgrade finished, the metro apps just didn't exist, I couldn't find them via search or settings, and whenever I use the PowerShell commands it just says...
  3. Very slow to load apps or work in app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very slow to load apps or work in app: HP Pavillion g6, win 10 home updated . PC was slowing down for sometime. But now it takes 3 mtsto boot. Takes 4-5 mts to load an app. Opening a file in app and clicking on any command take a few minutes to respond. If I open a second app the story is same. Switching between...
  4. slow loading of programmes and apps

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    slow loading of programmes and apps: my computer has become very slow to load things, how do I speed things up ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-loading-of-programmes-and-apps/47b393fd-85dc-4eb0-aa51-961a561af7cf
  5. Win10 slow to load and apps slow to open

Win10 slow to load and apps slow to open: hello, I recently installed Win10 and ever since my laptop is extremely slow. On startup 2.7min to boot up. Then another 2-3min for my desktop to completely load. Once it's finally finished another 2min for any app to load. Ive Purchased System Mechanic Pro to try eliminating...
  6. Slow loading of all apps and slow page loading

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow loading of all apps and slow page loading: I have a Windows 10 Laptop used for work. Program and internet access was fairly prompt. Updated and opening anything was VERY slow. Loading pages very slow. My Apple and XP machines are fine, connection is not the problem. Task Manager shows "Antimalware Service...
  7. MS-email app slow to load ?

MS-email app slow to load ?: The default email app in Win-10 is slow to load. I do have allot of accounts about 7 from different providers including Yahoo, Apple iCloud, Hotmail, Microsoft mail, Google. But when I switch between accounts loading the email from different account is slow. It use to be...
  8. Metro/Modern apps still ridiculously slow in Win10

Metro/Modern apps still ridiculously slow in Win10: I had this same problem in Windows 8.1 and was really hoping they'd get it worked out by now. Any Metro app- windows store, mail, netflix, anything- takes ages to open or do anything that accesses the web. In some cases, Mail takes longer to open than Adobe Premiere Pro...
  9. Metro Apps Problem

Metro Apps Problem: I don't have Metro (Modern) Apps (Fresh Install). How do i get it? 35052
  10. Metro Apps after 1511

Metro Apps after 1511: Hey guys, long time reader fist post tho. i considere myself computer "able"! but i have this stupid problem since upgrading to windows 10. upgrade went fine although when i wanted to register a new user, this new user start menu wont even open. tried many times and did many...