Windows 10: Metro apps to desktop / custom toolbar (also standard apps)

Discus and support Metro apps to desktop / custom toolbar (also standard apps) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there If you want to pin Metro apps / standard apps to desktop / create a custom toolbar with these as CASACADABLE items it's fairly simple. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, May 11, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Metro apps to desktop / custom toolbar (also standard apps)

Hi there

If you want to pin Metro apps / standard apps to desktop / create a custom toolbar with these as CASACADABLE items it's fairly simple.

I made a post way back in W8.1 about this --method still works - no reg hacks, XAML knowledge etc needed.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-s...tml#post390324

If you want your OWN icons use this little FREE program (ICOFX) to create the .ico files.

IcoFX 1.6.4

While the ALL apps idea in the previous thread is a good idea I like the idea of customising it een more -- I find the custom toolbar best for me with a few pgms pinned to desktop and quick launch taskbar.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, May 11, 2015
  2. Entegy Win User

I have a windows phone and once i plug it in to the surface rt is all i can do charge it up?

There's supposed to be a sync app coming, but we don't know if it's a Metro app or a desktop. If it's a Metro app, it can also likely have compatibility with Surface RT, allowing you to sync music and video to the phone.

Entegy, May 11, 2015
  3. Accidentally uninstalled built in app

If you are talking about the metro skype it has been deprecated in favor of the standard desktop app which you can get here Download Skype | Free calls | Chat app

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), May 11, 2015
Thema:

Metro apps to desktop / custom toolbar (also standard apps)

1. Metro apps to desktop / custom toolbar (also standard apps) - Similar Threads - Metro apps desktop

2. Metro apps and bluetooth 22621.1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Metro apps and bluetooth 22621.1: Metro apps on Windows 22621.1 when in use with bluetooth headphones are crashing usb controler and windows. You can not use some functions of modern part of windows, does not respond to clicking on audio tray icon and can not even restart windows without hard reset. Tested on...
  3. Metro Apps not installed

Metro Apps not installed: Hi there, I used to have a problem where metro apps wouldn't open, so I did an in-place upgrade of Windows 10. After the upgrade finished, the metro apps just didn't exist, I couldn't find them via search or settings, and whenever I use the PowerShell commands it just says...
  4. Custom Start Menu & Metro App removal

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom Start Menu & Metro App removal: I used to have the scripts that are listed all over the web within my Win10 deployment and it worked wonderfully. But now, it's not. And i'm not sure why. What's happening is, the metro apps are being removed, but their shortcuts i guess are staying behind. And as for...
  5. All metro apps crash.

All metro apps crash.: This is a problem I have been having for a few days now. Upon launching any metro app, it crashes. Attached is a picture with the diagnosis of the problem. Any way to fix that?? [img] Thank for any help!!! 4922
  6. Way to uninstall Metro apps?

Way to uninstall Metro apps?: Is there some compilation batch file or something someone has made to uninstall every non-built in/"required" Metro app from Windows 10? Metro apps are not listed in add/remove programs which makes it difficult to find out which ones I can remove. Is there some other...
  7. Metro Apps Problem

Metro Apps Problem: I don't have Metro (Modern) Apps (Fresh Install). How do i get it? 35052
  8. Metro Apps after 1511

Metro Apps after 1511: Hey guys, long time reader fist post tho. i considere myself computer "able"! but i have this stupid problem since upgrading to windows 10. upgrade went fine although when i wanted to register a new user, this new user start menu wont even open. tried many times and did many...
  9. Shortcuts to Metro Apps on Desktop

Shortcuts to Metro Apps on Desktop: I'm not at home with access to Windows 10. Does anyone know if this still works with Windows 10? Launch any Modern app from desktop without going to Metro screen 31336
  10. Desktop custom toolbar issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop custom toolbar issues: Most times when I launch my computer, I get this "blank/delay" effect the first time I select one of the desktop toolbar dropdown menus. It can take 10+ seconds to load the menu The red line represents approximately where the right border of the menu would be Attachment...