Windows 10: Metro markeplace and VLC desktop-app is down after a backup

Discus and support Metro markeplace and VLC desktop-app is down after a backup in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_store/metro-markeplace-and-vlc-desktop-app-is-down-after/6b8cad8f-a485-4a77-9628-7f0... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by HDscania, Jul 2, 2016.

1. HDscania Win User

Metro markeplace and VLC desktop-app is down after a backup

HDscania, Jul 2, 2016
  2. garym123 Win User

my computer doesnot contact with my mobile

The phone drivers have to be installed before the desktop sync app will work. It does nothing to help get the drivers installed.

For Windows 8 there is a metro app and a desktop sync app. I don't like the metro app. Try the desktop app first.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp8/windows-phone-app-for-desktop?signin=true

Use the cable that came with the phone. Turn the phone all the way off, hold down power button and slide screen down. Connect the phone to the PC. It will turn on and be detected, drivers should load.

If this does not work remove the SD card and repeat. The card may need reformatting.

All is well when the phone shows up in windows explorer with it's file folders.

garym123, Jul 2, 2016
  3. Windows Phone [W8] app: wasn't it going to be compatible with WP 7.8?

Hi,

Wasn't the W8 app going to be compatible with Windows Phone 7.8? Or will WP7 users be left with the *** Zune?

Now I have: Windows Media Player (desktop) + Windows Media Center (desktop) + Photo Gallery (desktop) + “Photos App” (metro, useless) + “Music App” (metro, totally useless) + “Videos App” (metro, absolutely useless) + Zune (desktop, tedious, necessary to
    connect WP7.x) + Windows Phone Companion (metro, necessary to connect WP8).

???

PD: I'm running Windows 8 x64 and Windows Phone 7.8 7.10.8858.136. No, there aren't no more updates or recent software.

Carlos J. S. A., Jul 2, 2016
Thema:

Metro markeplace and VLC desktop-app is down after a backup

1. Metro markeplace and VLC desktop-app is down after a backup - Similar Threads - Metro markeplace VLC

2. Keep Metro apps after Sysprep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep Metro apps after Sysprep: I am creating an OEM version of Windows 11 Home, and I want to include Metro Applications for the end-user, and after I sysprep the system, the metro applications are gone, although the apps are installed. In the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps folder, the Metro Applications...
  3. Keep Metro apps after Sysprep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep Metro apps after Sysprep: I am creating an OEM version of Windows 11 Home, and I want to include Metro Applications for the end-user, and after I sysprep the system, the metro applications are gone, although the apps are installed. In the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps folder, the Metro Applications...
  4. Metro Apps not installed

Metro Apps not installed: Hi there, I used to have a problem where metro apps wouldn't open, so I did an in-place upgrade of Windows 10. After the upgrade finished, the metro apps just didn't exist, I couldn't find them via search or settings, and whenever I use the PowerShell commands it just says...
  5. Metro apps on Desktop - hardly new - can do already

Metro apps on Desktop - hardly new - can do already: Hi there Running Metro apps on desktop / creating short cuts etc is hardly new as you can do it already in Windows 8.1 Metro apps - desktop / taskbar / create cascading menu However I hope that these will now run in proper re-sizeable windows, The method I've...
  6. How do I backup Metro/Modern Apps and App Data?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How do I backup Metro/Modern Apps and App Data?: I would like to backup Metro/Modern Apps, is this possible? Once backed up, how do you restore them? Also, what about Metro/Modern App Data? Thanks. 10475
  7. Metro Apps Problem

Metro Apps Problem: I don't have Metro (Modern) Apps (Fresh Install). How do i get it? 35052
  8. Metro Apps after 1511

Metro Apps after 1511: Hey guys, long time reader fist post tho. i considere myself computer "able"! but i have this stupid problem since upgrading to windows 10. upgrade went fine although when i wanted to register a new user, this new user start menu wont even open. tried many times and did many...
  9. Shortcuts to Metro Apps on Desktop

Shortcuts to Metro Apps on Desktop: I'm not at home with access to Windows 10. Does anyone know if this still works with Windows 10? Launch any Modern app from desktop without going to Metro screen 31336
  10. Metro apps to desktop / custom toolbar (also standard apps)

in Windows 10 Support
    Metro apps to desktop / custom toolbar (also standard apps): Hi there If you want to pin Metro apps / standard apps to desktop / create a custom toolbar with these as CASACADABLE items it's fairly simple. I made a post way back in W8.1 about this --method still works - no reg hacks, XAML knowledge etc needed....