Windows 10: Metro/Modern apps still ridiculously slow in Win10

Discus and support Metro/Modern apps still ridiculously slow in Win10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I had this same problem in Windows 8.1 and was really hoping they'd get it worked out by now. Any Metro app- windows store, mail, netflix, anything-... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ED5743, Jul 29, 2015.

1. ED5743 Win User

Metro/Modern apps still ridiculously slow in Win10

I had this same problem in Windows 8.1 and was really hoping they'd get it worked out by now.

Any Metro app- windows store, mail, netflix, anything- takes ages to open or do anything that accesses the web. In some cases, Mail takes longer to open than Adobe Premiere Pro does, which is plain ridiculous. I love the way the apps look, but I can't really use them since everything takes twice as long to open as its desktop counterpart.

It's not my computer, because I have a quad-core 4.0GHz processor and 16 GB of RAM.

:)

ED5743, Jul 29, 2015
  2. cyborg5 Win User

Windows 10 continually suggests Using Edge instead of IE

Is this free Outlook a desktop app or a modern "Metro" style app? I never use the modern apps unless I absolutely have to and so far I've never had to except for some system settings.

cyborg5, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Computer becomes super slow when opening any win10 metro app and the search bar does not work, the start menu is extremely slow Windows 10.

Original Title - Win10 app super slow

Hi,

My win10 pc becomes super slow when opening any win10 metro app. The search bar does not work, the start menu is extremely slow, and edge browser/windows store failed to response etc. I tried to switch to another account in my computer, and it is fine for
    those accounts. I also tried to delete and re-create the problematic account, but the problem did not gone anyway.

Could you please help me to sort this issue out? Any comment and suggestion?

Thank you very much!

Guang

littlepi86, Jul 29, 2015
  4. JoeShades Win User

Really? i find the modern apps much faster on a quad 3 Ghz 12 GB RAM

JoeShades, Jul 29, 2015
  5. ED5743 Win User
    The only ones I really use are Facebook and Mail, but both of them end up usually getting stuck updating, so I say "to heck with it" and open a browser, 10x faster...

ED5743, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Metro/Modern apps still ridiculously slow in Win10 - Similar Threads - Metro Modern apps

2. Metro Apps not installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Metro Apps not installed: Hi there, I used to have a problem where metro apps wouldn't open, so I did an in-place upgrade of Windows 10. After the upgrade finished, the metro apps just didn't exist, I couldn't find them via search or settings, and whenever I use the PowerShell commands it just says...
  3. Ridiculously slow transfer speeds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ridiculously slow transfer speeds: I have been having an issue with file transfers starting at 300MB/s then tapering down to around 20-30MB/s (as low as 6MB/s on the Firecuda) This is based on a 26.4 GB folder of Karaoke files (CDG & MP3 only). This seems ridiculously slow to me. I am not sure how to tell if...
  4. Ridiculously slow transfer speeds

in Windows 10 Support
    Ridiculously slow transfer speeds: I have been having an issue with file transfers starting at 300MB/s then tapering down to around 20-30MB/s (as low as 6MB/s on the Firecuda) This is based on a 26.4 GB folder of Karaoke files (CDG & MP3 only). This seems ridiculously slow to me. I am not sure how to tell if...
  5. Metro/Modern version of IE - is it in W10 tech preview?

in Browsers and Email
    Metro/Modern version of IE - is it in W10 tech preview?: I'm just playing with 32-bit Windows 10 in Oracle VirtualBox. I can't find the Metro version of IE - has it gone? (It was never something I liked in Windows 8, but I can imagine it would be useful for folks using tablets and touchscreens.) 2049
  6. Remove all modern metro apps

Remove all modern metro apps: Howdy, I use this PowerShell command to remove all modern metro apps from all user accounts: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage However, it does not remove some apps and I have to remove them manually using: Remove-AppxPackage...
  7. How do I backup Metro/Modern Apps and App Data?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How do I backup Metro/Modern Apps and App Data?: I would like to backup Metro/Modern Apps, is this possible? Once backed up, how do you restore them? Also, what about Metro/Modern App Data? Thanks. 10475
  8. Metro Apps slow to load

Metro Apps slow to load: Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 the metro apps have been slow to launch if they ever do. The Xbox app takes 3 minutes+ just to load past a green screen. And the weather metro app never loads, just stays on the blue background. I have ran a sfc & error...
  9. storage location for modern/metro apps

storage location for modern/metro apps: where is the folder in which they are installed by default? what is the folder called? 9488
  10. Goodbye, Metro, Modern and Universal; hello, Windows apps

in Windows 10 News
    Goodbye, Metro, Modern and Universal; hello, Windows apps: When Windows 8 entered beta and Microsoft showed off its new apps and design style, they called it Metro. But after some legal headaches, the company stopped referring to them as 'Metro' apps and went with 'Modern' apps instead. The Modern app name has slowly transitioned...