Windows 10: Metro UI font is garbled or corrupted or glitchy in Windows 10

Discus and support Metro UI font is garbled or corrupted or glitchy in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi forum. I have a laptop where the text on the Windows 10 Metro UI elements Start menu, Windows Settings, Notifications, Lock screen, etc is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cunderman Tibor, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Metro UI font is garbled or corrupted or glitchy in Windows 10

Hi forum.

I have a laptop where the text on the Windows 10 Metro UI elements Start menu, Windows Settings, Notifications, Lock screen, etc is unreadable. It was working fine for 1-1.5 years, then started to get a bit glitchy. Now it is very glitchy. I spent a few hours trying to fix the issue, but I am out of ideas now. Does anyone have tips on how to fix this?

• The problem does not occur anywhere else Notepad, Control Panel, Google Chrome, etc, strictly a Metro UI thing.
    • The Segoe UI font packs are NOT corrupted, I could open them and they were in tact.
    • I ran an sfc /scannow, no problems.
    • Ran a chkdsk, no problems.
    • Turned off ClearType, did not help.
    • Changed DPI settings, did not help.
    • Tried DisableFontBootCache in the Registry, did not help.
    • Updated to the latest graphics drivers, nothing helped.
    • Ran virus scans, did not find anything.
    • The OS is up to date.

This is an ASUS X540S laptop, graphics come from the Intel Pentium N3700 CPU, but I doubt it has to do anything with the graphics driver.

Some people suggest that I simply reinstall the system, but what if the issue comes back? I do not want to reinstall Windows every month or so.

This is how it looks like Note: sorry for not having screenshots. Note 2: this is the Hungarian UI

Metro UI font is garbled or corrupted or glitchy in Windows 10 a547685d-ea15-4ae4-a99b-feac73beb66f?upload=true.jpg
    Metro UI font is garbled or corrupted or glitchy in Windows 10 cf83f1fb-29ab-43c6-9ff5-84acae515b52?upload=true.jpg

It should say "Alkalmazásvégrehajtási aliasok kezelése"

:)

Cunderman Tibor, Jun 13, 2020

2. Unreadable, garbled font in Windows 10 Metro UI

Posting again...

This is seriously a big issue for me. I can barely read anything on my start menu... All the inbuilt app fonts become distorted!

Ran an SFC scan which solved some issues apparently, but none that are noticeable. I still get fuzzy/unreadable/distorted/garbled text.

Help.

For screenshots, look at my other post :

Garbled text in Metro UI (Windows Start button) and MS Edge! Unreadable font!

jalaluddincdj, Jun 13, 2020
  3. EOAE Win User
    Unreadable, garbled font in Windows 10 Metro UI

I did it!!! Increase you dpi scaling to 120% and fonts are readable again!!!!

4. Imposter Win User

Metro UI font is garbled or corrupted or glitchy in Windows 10

Garbled text in Metro UI (Windows Start button) and MS Edge! Unreadable font!

Not sure what you mean by "tool." Just follow the steps. The files to delete are those listed under the temp folder.

Good luck!

Imposter, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Metro UI font is garbled or corrupted or glitchy in Windows 10

1. Metro UI font is garbled or corrupted or glitchy in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Metro font garbled

2. Segoe UI Symbol Font is corrupt and I cannot fix it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Segoe UI Symbol Font is corrupt and I cannot fix it: Hi, I recently tried to change the default font of windows a few days ago. I changed the font but noticed that most symbols no longer show correctly. After running the sfc scan it claims to have fixed the problem but nothing has changed. I tried finding some way to reinstall...
  3. Segoe UI Symbol Font is corrupt and I cannot fix it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Segoe UI Symbol Font is corrupt and I cannot fix it: Hi, I recently tried to change the default font of windows a few days ago. I changed the font but noticed that most symbols no longer show correctly. After running the sfc scan it claims to have fixed the problem but nothing has changed. I tried finding some way to reinstall...
  4. Segoe UI Symbol Font is corrupt and I cannot fix it

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Corrupted system font size for explorer related common UI?, fonts. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted system font size for explorer related common UI?, fonts. Windows 10: Hi,In the process of recoverin my PC from a failed CPU and rebuilding the machine, my windows system fonts because corrupted and are too large. Unfortunately with Windows 10, the user is no longer in control of the font size and Windows is determined it is right.NO it is not...
  6. Corrupted system font size for explorer related common UI?, fonts. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted system font size for explorer related common UI?, fonts. Windows 10: Hi,In the process of recoverin my PC from a failed CPU and rebuilding the machine, my windows system fonts because corrupted and are too large. Unfortunately with Windows 10, the user is no longer in control of the font size and Windows is determined it is right.NO it is not...
  7. Corrupted system font size for explorer related common UI?, fonts. Windows 10

8. Fonts/Letters missing and/or garbled

Fonts/Letters missing and/or garbled: sorry couldn't think of a better word that garbled. The below is how they look sometimes: Notice the v in loved. the c in rednecks This wasnt something I typed out but it does happen sometimes when I do? Its more an annoyance than anything. Have recently upgraded...
  9. Metro style UI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Metro style UI: New metro style UI is a big mistake and true piece of sh**t. Please kill it with fire. Pls send this message to Satya Nadella and Bill Gates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/metro-style-ui/323057de-38a5-487a-8ec6-d9435696b1ff
  10. Nothing in Metro UI Works

in Windows 10 Support
    Nothing in Metro UI Works: Hi all Recently I started having a problem where after my computer is on for awhile, nothing that operates in the Metro UI will open or function at all. This includes the Start menu, any Windows 10 apps including Settings, Task View, the alt-tab interface, etc. I also...