Windows 10: MFA(2FA) randomly prompting users?

Discus and support MFA(2FA) randomly prompting users? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, We have MFA enabled for users and some of them are reporting receiving prompts to allow a windows login attempt(Maybe they're being... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Jtowns25, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Jtowns25 Win User

MFA(2FA) randomly prompting users?

Hello,

We have MFA enabled for users and some of them are reporting receiving prompts to allow a windows login attempt(Maybe they're being hacked!) but when checking in the admin center, the prompt was caused each time by an entity known as "Universal Store Native Client" which is an Application from the Resource: "Windows Store for Business"(Oh thank goodness its just a false negative. But now we're plagued with these false negatives!).

My question is; How would I go about fixing this issue?

I haven't found it so far within the Settings>Apps>Apps & Features area. I see Windows Store, but no Windows Store for Business. And even within the regular Windows Store settings I see nothing which seems out of place or like it would cause an MFA prompt spontaneously during the day. The kicker is, nothing pops up on the PC, just the notification on the phone. So if the fix is something like "just hit allow", we're taking a big leap of faith then since there's no visible evidence that when we get prompted in order to confirm that we're allowing the Windows Store and not some hacker with good timing. That's a big risk.

So if there's any other, safer, more secure way to fix this issue, please help! Any ideas or suggestions are more than welcome too!

:)

Jtowns25, Aug 27, 2019
  2. Weseli Win User

Powershell commands to query On Premises MFA Server

What powershell commands are available to query On Premises MFA Server to report on users who have successfully installed and activated their MFA accounts?

Weseli, Aug 27, 2019
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Aug 27, 2019
  4. Anne Ros Win User

On Premises MFA Server - Powershell commands

Hi Jay,

Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) is a two-step verification method of authentication which requires more than one verification method and add additional security layer for users. Your concern of activating it through a user portal is complicated that what
    is typically answered here in Microsoft Answers Forum and is best suited for our IT Professionals audience in TechNet Forum. Refer to this
    link to post your query on TechNet Windows 10 IT Pro Forum.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Anne Ros, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

1. MFA(2FA) randomly prompting users? - Similar Threads - MFA 2FA randomly

2. Single Windows 11 account with multiple users and MFA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Single Windows 11 account with multiple users and MFA: My colleague and I have set up a Windows 11 machine for purposes of software testing. To enable full control over the computer configuration, it is set up locally, i.e. kept outside the company domain with a single local password-protected account. We and other colleagues...
  3. Windows 11 Didn't Prompt For MFA During Setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Didn't Prompt For MFA During Setup: See subject. When setting up a new computer with Windows 11, I was not prompted to enter my authenticator code. This is NOT acceptable. How was this simple thing overlooked?...
  4. Windows 11 Didn't Prompt For MFA During Setup

Windows 11 Didn't Prompt For MFA During Setup: See subject. When setting up a new computer with Windows 11, I was not prompted to enter my authenticator code. This is NOT acceptable. How was this simple thing overlooked?...
  5. Attempting to install Cisco Duo Security 2FA MFA in Windows Server using Active Directory...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Attempting to install Cisco Duo Security 2FA MFA in Windows Server using Active Directory...: Subject: Attempting to install Cisco Duo Security 2FA MFA in Windows Server using Active Directory Group Policy Objects GPO but didn't succeed on 29 April 2022 Friday Good day from Singapore, The following are the reference guides which I have followed. Reference guide 1: Duo...
  6. Attempting to install Cisco Duo Security 2FA MFA in Windows Server using Active Directory...

Attempting to install Cisco Duo Security 2FA MFA in Windows Server using Active Directory...: Subject: Attempting to install Cisco Duo Security 2FA MFA in Windows Server using Active Directory Group Policy Objects GPO but didn't succeed on 29 April 2022 Friday Good day from Singapore, The following are the reference guides which I have followed. Reference guide 1: Duo...
  7. MFA for privileged users for windows logon and RDP using Azure MFA

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MFA for privileged users for windows logon and RDP using Azure MFA: Hi Reader, Is it possible to implement MFA during windows login and rdp session using azure MFA? If not, what is the best Microsoft product or third-party product to achieve the same?Thank you....
  8. MFA for privileged users for windows logon and RDP using Azure MFA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MFA for privileged users for windows logon and RDP using Azure MFA: Hi Reader, Is it possible to implement MFA during windows login and rdp session using azure MFA? If not, what is the best Microsoft product or third-party product to achieve the same?Thank you....
  9. MFA for privileged users for windows logon and RDP using Azure MFA

10. Windows 10 HELLO PIN MFA Prompt??

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 HELLO PIN MFA Prompt??: During the setup of a PIN for Windows 10 Pro on an on-prem Domain Network, users are asked to install and use the MS authenticator now? In the past during a PIN set up, it would set up but now we can't because of the MFA prompt. Is this a feature of Windows 10 20H2 or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mfa multi factor authentificaion keeps prompting

2. mfa universal store native client

3. universal store native client edge 18.1836

4. Universal Store native client stop login