Windows 10: MFA(2FA) randomly prompting users?

Discus and support MFA(2FA) randomly prompting users? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, We have MFA enabled for users and some of them are reporting receiving prompts to allow a windows login attempt(Maybe they're being... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Jtowns25, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Jtowns25 Win User

MFA(2FA) randomly prompting users?

Hello,

We have MFA enabled for users and some of them are reporting receiving prompts to allow a windows login attempt(Maybe they're being hacked!) but when checking in the admin center, the prompt was caused each time by an entity known as "Universal Store Native Client" which is an Application from the Resource: "Windows Store for Business"(Oh thank goodness its just a false negative. But now we're plagued with these false negatives!).

My question is; How would I go about fixing this issue?

I haven't found it so far within the Settings>Apps>Apps & Features area. I see Windows Store, but no Windows Store for Business. And even within the regular Windows Store settings I see nothing which seems out of place or like it would cause an MFA prompt spontaneously during the day. The kicker is, nothing pops up on the PC, just the notification on the phone. So if the fix is something like "just hit allow", we're taking a big leap of faith then since there's no visible evidence that when we get prompted in order to confirm that we're allowing the Windows Store and not some hacker with good timing. That's a big risk.

So if there's any other, safer, more secure way to fix this issue, please help! Any ideas or suggestions are more than welcome too!

:)

Jtowns25, Aug 27, 2019
  2. Weseli Win User

Powershell commands to query On Premises MFA Server

What powershell commands are available to query On Premises MFA Server to report on users who have successfully installed and activated their MFA accounts?

Weseli, Aug 27, 2019
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Aug 27, 2019
  4. Anne Ros Win User

On Premises MFA Server - Powershell commands

Hi Jay,

Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) is a two-step verification method of authentication which requires more than one verification method and add additional security layer for users. Your concern of activating it through a user portal is complicated that what
    is typically answered here in Microsoft Answers Forum and is best suited for our IT Professionals audience in TechNet Forum. Refer to this
    link to post your query on TechNet Windows 10 IT Pro Forum.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Anne Ros, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

1. MFA(2FA) randomly prompting users? - Similar Threads - MFA 2FA randomly

2. User Profile Reset randomly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Profile Reset randomly: Hi User profile get reset automatically and the profile settings is deleted so when ever user log in next time it creates a new profile Note: It is not a temporary profile whenever it get reset, it happen randomly so not sure what is causing the issue. please see the...
  3. Login prompt with several users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login prompt with several users: Hi. Trying to solve this problem. This PC has 2 users -an administrator and a child. The child doesn't want to be prompted for a password when logging in. The problem is, to change this, you need to log in as the administrator to change it. That means the administrator would...
  4. Random User appeared on pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random User appeared on pc: Help, i found a new user on pc, mine is gone and i cant remove it because it is admin, i dont know how to get back on im worried ive lost everything. Is there anyway i can fix this and remove the account and do a reset?...
  5. user name and password prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    user name and password prompt: mail.comcast.net keeps asking me to enter my user name and password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/user-name-and-password-prompt/43c75e41-bbcf-4f00-be05-711c9db8ee10
  6. Bitsjobs cmd prompt random pop ups

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitsjobs cmd prompt random pop ups: Hi all, After an attack of intrusive software which I have now resolved I keep getting command prompt popping up for a split second. I managed to capture the command with a screen recorder and slow motion play back.. After reading a thread from 2014 on here I followed...
  7. Command Prompt not working and random black screens.

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt not working and random black screens.: Alright, I fixed it, seems like I fixed it by updating my graphics card drivers.
  8. Random CMD prompt popping up at times ???

in Windows 10 Support
    Random CMD prompt popping up at times ???: So i keep getting this random CMD prompt that flashes on my desktop it happens so fast i cant see what the heck it is, it just pop up and flashes has writing on it then is gone, it did this before creator and is still doing it after, but how do i find out what the heck it is?...
  9. Command Prompt not working for user or Administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt not working for user or Administrator: When selecting the command prompt from the right click on startup options I get the following message: 'This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program, or if one is already installed, create an association in...
  10. Dropbox prompts users to reset old passwords

in Windows 10 News
    Dropbox prompts users to reset old passwords: Dropbox is asking users to change their old passwords as part of a "preventative measure". In a blog post, the file-sharing and cloud storage company called out to users who haven't changed their passwords since mid-2012, saying the login credentials are potentially at...