Windows 10: MFP printer: scanner will not work after windows update, but computer test shows ok.

Discus and support MFP printer: scanner will not work after windows update, but computer test shows ok. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Unable to scan, printer says waiting for computer, scan to not working and start scan not working. test of device is functioning per computer. Error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by webchallenged, Aug 7, 2019.

1. MFP printer: scanner will not work after windows update, but computer test shows ok.

Unable to scan, printer says waiting for computer, scan to not working and start scan not working. test of device is functioning per computer. Error message says scanner is not installed as part of version with update. My printer is hp laser jet 3030 (3015/3020/3030). I have a disk for the original install with complete, but that has not worked since whatever update changed to windows fax and scan.

Can you help please?

:)

webchallenged, Aug 7, 2019

2. Scanner problem

• When did this issue start to occur?
      • When I upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
      • Reinstalled scanner app, restored computer to an earlier Windows 10 setting, reinstalled HP drivers for MFP, uninstalled and reinstalled MFP
    • Did you make any changes on the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
      • Only the Windows upgrade
    • Are you using the built-in Windows Fax and Scan app? Or are you using other app or program to scan?
      • Built-in, allegedly workable with Windows 8.1 and above.
        MFP printer: scanner will not work after windows update, but computer test shows ok. 0f4b42b2-cb86-4373-978b-164fc4e1f797.jpg
    • Is the printer/scanner working? Is it doing other tasks properly like printing just fine?
      • It prints fine, although an error message shows on desktop with every use, stating that the computer and printer cannot communicate.
    • Is the printer connected wired, wireless or via network?
      • Printer is on the network and accessed via TCP/IP protocol

- Jim

JimBarentine, Aug 7, 2019
  3. spapakons Win User
    HP Officejet 3620 Scanner won't connect, Printer works fine

Maybe the Windows own scanner driver is the problem. Even if you run the scanner setup, Windows may replace the "old" scanner driver with a "newer" from Windows Update which is not compatible. You can try installing the HP software again. Then extract the installation files to a folder, open Device Manager and try to manually update the scanner driver with the one from the installation folder, just to make sure. See if your problem is fixed...

It could also be something else. I have encountered some MFPs that had problem printing when installing the HP drivers. The job went to the queue and then disappeared (supposedly send to the printer) but nothing was printed. The printer wouldn't even notice I was sending it jobs. No matter what I tried, I could not make it print, and guess what? Printer and Scanner Doctor didn't find any problems and the most annoying part, its test page (from Doctor) printed OK! So I decided to download a different version of the driver from HP (the first was the full bundle the other was some special light version, don't remember exactly). I attempted to install it WITHOUT removing the full version. Midway it discovered some configuration errors and fixed them. Then I could uninstall the second driver and the printer worked fine with the original full-pack driver! Some software bugs can drive you crazy!

So if you can find a different driver for your MFP it is not bad idea to try installing. It might fix any bugs and make the scanner work.

spapakons, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

MFP printer: scanner will not work after windows update, but computer test shows ok.

Scanner not working after Windows 10 update

We understand that the update is causing an issue on your scanner and for us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you using a Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro?
    • What is the make and model of your printer/scanner driver?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the printer/scanner driver?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps below to prevent your Windows 10 from updating:

Step #1: How to temporarily prevent
    a driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10.
    See the section that says Download the "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter package now. as well as the information on it.

Step #2:
    Run this diagnostic tool to prevent updates.

Step #3: If you're using Windows 10 Pro you have the ability to Post-pone incoming updates:

Defer upgrades in Windows 10.

Step #4: Restart your computer to apply changes.

Please get back to us with some answer and results.

Xylee Del, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

MFP printer: scanner will not work after windows update, but computer test shows ok.

1. MFP printer: scanner will not work after windows update, but computer test shows ok. - Similar Threads - MFP printer scanner

2. My printer/scanner icon does not show in Printers and Scanners.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My printer/scanner icon does not show in Printers and Scanners.: My printer/scanner operates fine in multiple apps, shows in Device Manager, but the icon does not show in Printers and Scanners. I have the updated printer drivers, I have restarted the computer, etc. still no icon. I am running Windows Home 11. The icon was visible in...
  3. My printer/scanner icon does not show in Printers and Scanners.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My printer/scanner icon does not show in Printers and Scanners.: My printer/scanner operates fine in multiple apps, shows in Device Manager, but the icon does not show in Printers and Scanners. I have the updated printer drivers, I have restarted the computer, etc. still no icon. I am running Windows Home 11. The icon was visible in...
  4. Windows 11 - HP MFP scanner problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - HP MFP scanner problem: Ever since updating to Windows 11 from 10, there has been an error message stating that the HP scanner cannot be found. The HP printer and scanner are all in one and the printer interface is fine.My IT expert has corrected the problem a number of times and then it recurs...
  5. Windows 11 - HP MFP scanner problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - HP MFP scanner problem: Ever since updating to Windows 11 from 10, there has been an error message stating that the HP scanner cannot be found. The HP printer and scanner are all in one and the printer interface is fine.My IT expert has corrected the problem a number of times and then it recurs...
  6. 5G not showing or working on laptop after update. Showing and working ok on phone.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    5G not showing or working on laptop after update. Showing and working ok on phone.: 5G not showing or working on laptop after update. Showing and working ok on phone. Internet connection speed half normal. Running slow causing bad connection to Gmail somethings not right msg. Have Virgin 100Ghz fibre optic cable so no issues there. Only showing 2.4Ghz...
  7. Printer/scanner not showing in Windows settings - printers and scanners

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printer/scanner not showing in Windows settings - printers and scanners: My USB printer / scanner does not show in the list of printers but the scanner does show in the scanners section. If I go to old style control panel devices and printers, the device shows in the Unspecified section with the following details [ATTACH] The device works...
  8. printer scanner not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    printer scanner not working: My Printer scanner is not working but my printer hp working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-scanner-not-working/399d6dc8-2a90-4bf1-b8f0-439dde3d6775
  9. printer scanner will not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer scanner will not work: I have installed the driver for my canon d530 printer but windows 10 will not print and gives me "driver not available" message. Also, neither of my 2 scanners will work, I downloaded the scan app but it does not work. I have gone through troubleshooting but it still does not...
  10. Not Working Scanner after windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not Working Scanner after windows update: Not Working Scanner after windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/not-working-scanner-after-windows-update/b01dec3e-3629-48b9-9d5b-f774aff57d9f