Windows 10: MFS 2020 Stuck on "Checking for updates"

Discus and support MFS 2020 Stuck on "Checking for updates" in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I was able to download MFS 2020 and play with it 2 or 3 times with no problems. But now, I get 2 errors when I start the game: 1: We can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MauriceBendayan, Aug 22, 2020.

1. MFS 2020 Stuck on "Checking for updates"

Hello,

I was able to download MFS 2020 and play with it 2 or 3 times with no problems. But now, I get 2 errors when I start the game:

1: We can't sync your data with the cloud right now

2: If I ignore above message and continue, the game gets stuck with "Checking for updates" and never starts.

I tried all the suggestions I have seen on the web incl. starting as administrator, latest Nvidia drivers, latest windows updates, disable firewall with no change.

I also uninstalled the game 3 times and re-installed it, and again, same problem.

I moved the game to a different drive and same problem.

When I uninstall the game, the free disk space on the drive remains the same. When I move the game to a different drive, the free disk space on both drives remains he same and the re-install is much, much quicker than the original first install. This can only mean than uninstalling the game does not remove the original files, nor does it free disk space used by flight simulator.

This is really frustrating. I should be able to do a complete uninstall that deletes ALL the MFS 2020 installation files.

Any other suggestions from anyone?

Thanks,

Maurice

:)

MauriceBendayan, Aug 22, 2020
  2. JRod8 Win User

Windows 10 May 2020 Update Failing - MCT Stuck at 31%, Update Assistant 99%

Trying to manually update to Win10 May 2020 - 2004 build.

Currently at 1909, regular 'Check for updates' does not detect anything needed.

Looking at the update log (Get-WindowsUpdateLog) - it always ends with

> 2020/06/12 11:35:33.8074436 14224 9372 Shared * END * Service exit Exit code = 0x240001

Yet the updater will remain open for hours with no progress.

Media Creation Tool gets stuck at 31%

Update Assistant at 99%

I've run

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

sfc /scannow

After rebooting when they got stuck.

Also attempted the ResetWUEng suggested -

Ran through -

2. Resets the Windows Update Components.

3. Deletes the temporary files in Windows.

JRod8, Aug 22, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 22, 2020
  4. MFS 2020 Stuck on "Checking for updates"

windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

MFS 2020 Stuck on "Checking for updates"

1. MFS 2020 Stuck on "Checking for updates" - Similar Threads - MFS 2020 Stuck

2. checking for update stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    checking for update stuck: My Windows update keeps saying checking for updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/checking-for-update-stuck/04d2a749-2fdb-43a3-8873-344874b403d3
  3. checking for update stuck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    checking for update stuck: My Windows update keeps saying checking for updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/checking-for-update-stuck/04d2a749-2fdb-43a3-8873-344874b403d3
  4. MFS 2020 Mandatory Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MFS 2020 Mandatory Update: I have downloaded latest FS2020 mandatory update but it will not install. At the install screen I hit Update and it brings up an adobo airport kord for download and then hangs up. Nothing else happens. Have re-installed FS2020 twice from MS store and have same problem. Can I...
  5. MFS 2020 Stuck On France Screenshot Forever

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MFS 2020 Stuck On France Screenshot Forever: Since January now I have not been able to play MFS 2020 anymore. Every time I launch it, it gets stuck on a loading screen with the little circle at the bottom right just loading forever. Before it was stuck on the desert screenshot and now the France screenshot after the...
  6. MFS 2020 DISC LOADING.

MFS 2020 DISC LOADING.: Discs 1&2 go in ok ,disc 3, says default error redundantcy drive "d"says check for storage. computer "c" registers 830gb available what gives?. Now i'm new to all this so, if possible simple terms to explain would be helpful, thankyou all inadvance....
  7. stuck on checking for update

stuck on checking for update: i am updating windows 7 to windows 10, i purchased and downloaded windows 10 setup tool. it is stuck in checking for updates, has been stuck all night, what can t do?...
  8. MFS 2020 DOWNLOAD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MFS 2020 DOWNLOAD: I downloaded the game MFS2020 Deluxe version from the store. After installation, when i try to launch game, it routes me to gaming services page which i have installed a dozen times. However even after installing, it still shows "install on my devices". After clicking this,...
  9. stuck in checking for updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    stuck in checking for updates: I had to take my desk top back to factory specs, win 7. Went to win 10 upgrade page and ran update. Started down load then computer went to check for updates. It appears as if it is stuck there. Has been checking for updates 2 hours now. Am going to bed and letting it run....
  10. Stuck Checking For Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stuck Checking For Updates: Hi All, I reinstalled my factory W7 Home Premium x64 on a new ssd before upgrading to 10. Once I got up and going, fully activated windows 7. Both W7 (updates) and W10 installer get stuck "checking for updates". Neither W7 or W10 will get any updates. Any...