Windows 10: Mi PC goes completely black after starting video transmision.

Discus and support Mi PC goes completely black after starting video transmision. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, everyone. I have a Lenovo X1 carbon with intel i7 processor with 8 GB of RAM. I freshly installed windows recently but I´m having this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RickRodríguez, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Mi PC goes completely black after starting video transmision.

Hi, everyone.

I have a Lenovo X1 carbon with intel i7 processor with 8 GB of RAM.

I freshly installed windows recently but I´m having this problem: Whenever I start my webcam or sharing my screen, my computer goes completely black and flickers from time to time. This happens with every video conference application like Teams, Zoom, or even google meet.

I tried to make a system health check and to correct the system image from the web with no luck.

Has anyone managed to identify this issue or think about a solution?

Thanks in advance,

Ricardo Rodríguez

:)

RickRodríguez, Jan 14, 2021

2. PC goes into black screen and froze

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's not a software related issue which is why I was suggesting that you remove the video card to start with since it's such an easy process of elimination step.

I'm not familiar with AMD CPUs, I did see that you had listed in your system specs but I had no idea whether or not it has an iGPU

Is there any possibility of you being able to get your hands on any compatible video card at all?it would be the easiest step to try to troubleshoot or at least one of the easier ones. You should be able to get into the bios without anything but A display cable hooked up to the motherboard

jboydgolfer, Jan 14, 2021
  3. SCREEN GOES BLACK!?

Hi,

If you see the black screen only after sign-in
    and you can see a mouse cursor:

While at the black screen, try using CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to start Task Manager.

If it becomes visible, try finding LockAppHost.exe on the Details tab and ending the task.

If this resolves the black screen, use corruption resolution steps (dism, then sfc),

• Press Windows+X.
      • Click on Command Prompt (Admin).
      • Type the command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
        and hit Enter.
        • Run Sfc /scannow
    and run the all apps PowerShell command in

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register

"$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

If this does not work, use File, Run new task in Task Manager to start an Administrator CMD window. Use this to create a new administrator user with the following commands (changing “<password>” to something of the customer’s
    choosing):

net user test <password> /add

net localgroup Administrators test /add

This will give you a test user to try, which will confirm if the issue is user or system-specific.

If you see the black screen or have a flickering screen before sign-in:

Try connecting to different video outputs on the PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent:

• To a different Adapter: from integrated graphics to a discrete card or vice versa.
      • To a different output: from HDMI to DVI, DisplayPort to VGA, or any other combination.
    Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking or Enable low-resolution video.

• Advanced boot options, Safe Mode with Networking, or Low Resolution Video
      • Check Device Manager and look for Display Adapters
        • If you see 2 items under Display Adapters, disable to integrated video card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart. (try vice versa if it does not work)
        • If you see 1 item under Display Adapters, rollback the driver or uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, and enable the option to delete driver software.

Check the PC or display adapter manufacturer’s site for an updated driver.

Hope the information provided was helpful and do let us know if you need any assistance in the future. We will be glad to help.

Rohit Chettri, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Mi PC goes completely black after starting video transmision.

Screen goes black if the power cord is connected

Hi Tony,

As the screen goes black I suggest you to refer the Microsoft article on
    Troubleshoot black screen problems and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

I also see that you are facing issues with the keyboard this might be due to the corruption of keyboard drivers. I suggest you to run the
    hardware and devices troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps for the same.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    • Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Mi PC goes completely black after starting video transmision.

1. Mi PC goes completely black after starting video transmision. - Similar Threads - goes completely black

2. Video output goes black, then PC restarts after 30 seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video output goes black, then PC restarts after 30 seconds: Over the past few days, I have been getting a constant error relating to constant crashes of the nature described in the question title. It seems to occur mostly when I have a fullscreen application. No blue-screen error report appears after the restart, it simply acts as if...
  3. Video output goes black, then PC restarts after 30 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video output goes black, then PC restarts after 30 seconds: Over the past few days, I have been getting a constant error relating to constant crashes of the nature described in the question title. It seems to occur mostly when I have a fullscreen application. No blue-screen error report appears after the restart, it simply acts as if...
  4. Video output goes black, then PC restarts after 30 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My pc's screen goes completely black after changing my resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc's screen goes completely black after changing my resolution: Sometimes it'll just show glitches on my screen instead of just being black, it'll also make a weird sound for a split second as it crashes. In some cases it would also happen when exiting full screen tooI tried reinstaling windows 10 and updated it to it's latest version and...
  6. My pc's screen goes completely black after changing my resolution

My pc's screen goes completely black after changing my resolution: Sometimes it'll just show glitches on my screen instead of just being black, it'll also make a weird sound for a split second as it crashes. In some cases it would also happen when exiting full screen tooI tried reinstaling windows 10 and updated it to it's latest version and...
  7. My pc's screen goes completely black after changing my resolution

8. PC Freezes Completely and Screen Goes Black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Freezes Completely and Screen Goes Black: This afternoon, my monitor screen went black and the PC was unresponsive. No keyboard response either. I shut it off and back on again. It lasted about 4-5 minutes and happened again. This cycle has been going on for several hours, over and over. I updated my video drivers...
  9. PC Freezes Completely and Screen Goes Black

PC Freezes Completely and Screen Goes Black: This afternoon, my monitor screen went black and the PC was unresponsive. No keyboard response either. I shut it off and back on again. It lasted about 4-5 minutes and happened again. This cycle has been going on for several hours, over and over. I updated my video drivers...
  10. PC Freezes Completely and Screen Goes Black