Windows 10: Mic and audio not working with the 3.5mm splitter

Discus and support Mic and audio not working with the 3.5mm splitter in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So as the title says. I plugged my mic (green 3.5mm plug) into the mic port and the red audio one into all of the audio ports. I am getting no sound.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Vyziks, Mar 17, 2024.

1. /u/Vyziks Win User

Mic and audio not working with the 3.5mm splitter

So as the title says. I plugged my mic (green 3.5mm plug) into the mic port and the red audio one into all of the audio ports. I am getting no sound. Everything driver related is fine as I've never had these issues before. They will not work together. If I plug the cord in from my headset without the splitter, the audio will work, but not mic. When I use the splitters it's vice versa. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP

submitted by /u/Vyziks
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Vyziks, Mar 17, 2024
  2. bro67 Win User

Earbuds with mic not working in windows 10, please help.

Do they work with your phone? The problem is that you need to split the headphone side from the mic side of the earbuds, so that you can plug them into both the mic and sound output. You need one of these. Amazon.com: MillSO 3.5mm Jack Adapter CTIA - Y Splitter Audio Cable with Separate Microphone and Headphone Connector Compatible for PC, PS4 Gaming Headset- 8inch/20CM Black: Electronics

bro67, Mar 17, 2024
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    pls help me in my headset problem

OK, sorry I looked up your Dell Laptop and found the problem

That model has a Headphone/microphone combo jack and that is the problem, it does not take a headphone or mic jack, it must be a combo jack . . .

You need to purchase a 3 5mm Headphone Mic Audio Y Splitter Cable Male to Dual Female Converter Adapter.

They cost around $3 on the web or in any PC parts shop . . .

Simply Google: 3 5mm Headphone Mic Audio Y Splitter Cable Male to Dual Female Converter Adapter

Click the link below for an example of the part you need to buy:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-5mm-Headphone-Mic-Au...

DaveM121, Mar 17, 2024
  4. NRG33 Win User

I have a mic working with splitter (2 male to 1 female) but no audio

I have a mic working with splitter (2 male to 1 female) but no audio is coming out through my turtle beach headset. The playback devices says that it is picking up sound, but I can't hear anything. Only my mic works, please help.

NRG33, Mar 17, 2024
Thema:

1. Mic and audio not working with the 3.5mm splitter - Similar Threads - Mic audio working

2. No audio output when using a headset splitter, but mic works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio output when using a headset splitter, but mic works: I've tried the headset by itself and it works but mic doesn't. So i go to use the splitter then the mic works and there's no audio. I have tried running a diagnostic but nothing, It's not that the volume was down. Please help....
  3. No audio output when using a headset splitter, but mic works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio output when using a headset splitter, but mic works: I've tried the headset by itself and it works but mic doesn't. So i go to use the splitter then the mic works and there's no audio. I have tried running a diagnostic but nothing, It's not that the volume was down. Please help....
  4. Neeeed help cant get mic to work with splitter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Neeeed help cant get mic to work with splitter: I bought a tttp splitter and im trying to use my gaming headset with a mic connected to it and my computer speakers so i can hear the game in my headphones and still use my mic but also the sound to come through the speakers. The sound works i get audio through headset and...
  5. 5mm front panel mic not working properly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    5mm front panel mic not working properly.: I have a front panel 5mm audio jack input for 4 pin Audio and Mic handfree earphone, the earphone work fine in my cellphone. In the computer only audio; the mic sounds with a lot of static and I dont hear my voice not even a little bit. I try to:-Chance all the settings in...
  6. 5mm front panel mic not working properly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    5mm front panel mic not working properly.: I have a front panel 5mm audio jack input for 4 pin Audio and Mic handfree earphone, the earphone work fine in my cellphone. In the computer only audio; the mic sounds with a lot of static and I dont hear my voice not even a little bit. I try to:-Chance all the settings in...
  7. 5mm front panel mic not working properly.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Audio Splitter not working properly

Audio Splitter not working properly: I just bought a new audio splitter from amazon because my predator helios 300 has only 1 audio jack, I wanted to use a headphone and a separate mic, when I plug in the audio splitter it prompts me to select between the following Line in Mic in Headphone Speaker out Headset...
  9. Microphone not working with headset to mic splitter

Microphone not working with headset to mic splitter: Hi guys, I just spent about $10 getting a replacement cable for my headphones that has a mic built in. It's a 3.5mm headset cable has both mic and headphone audio that I've connected to a Y-splitter that goes to a mic cable and a headphone cable. These definitely work as...
  10. Headset microphone (with audio splitter) not working

Headset microphone (with audio splitter) not working: My Acer Predator (Helios 300) laptop has a singular audio port, which I use with my headset that has a separate microphone and headphone cable. I have used an audio splitter to get around this issue for a while now, and it has worked perfectly fine. Normally when I would plug...