Windows 10: Mic and Headphone input are broken

Discus and support Mic and Headphone input are broken in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Whenever I try to enable my headphone or microphone it automatically disables itself. I don't know what updated but when it did all this started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Yokah, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Yokah Win User

Mic and Headphone input are broken

Whenever I try to enable my headphone or microphone it automatically disables itself. I don't know what updated but when it did all this started happening.

:)

Yokah, Mar 31, 2021
  2. Aman Win User

Headphone mic not working with laptop 3.5mm port

I have sennheiser hd4.40 wireless headphone. I also got a cable with headphone having 2.5mm pin(attached to headphone) to 3.5mm pin(attached to mobile phone).

Problem is that when i connect 3.5mm pin to my mobile phone headphone jack, in call i am able to use mic and headphone both at same time but:

1. When i connect the 3.5mm pin to 3.5mm jack for mic on my laptop, i am not able to use the mic.(my laptop has separate 3.5mm mic and 3.5mm headphone jack)
    2. When i connect to 3.5mm jack for headphone, only headphone is working with laptop not mic.

Please do not suggest why I am not using Bluetooth because it is a separate problem.

I am missing something or maybe this may be limitation or something else. Help me on this. :-(

3. Rami____ Win User
    Switch from headphones input audio to on-board input audio

I have headphones that play sound just fine but have broken mic so i cant talk to team mates when playing games. the on-board audio works fine when my headphones are not connected so i was wondering is there a way to make windows use on-board input instead
    of headphones? i already know how to switch input device through control panel sound settings but the mic of headphones does not show up because the input is just switched to it by default and there is no way to change it to on-board audio through there.(they
    are displayed as the same device)

Rami____, Mar 31, 2021
  4. Mic and Headphone input are broken

Mic/Headphone ports not working correctly - Acer Aspire 7745

Hi all,

I have an Acer Aspire 7745 that I have been trying to get the external audio ports to work correctly on since I upgraded it to Windows 10 - it was originally a Win7 machine from the factory. It's got three external audio ports:

Mic and Headphone input are broken [​IMG]

Win10 runs fine on it (Core i3 @ 2.27Ghz, 4GB RAM) and sound through the speakers works fine, as does the internal mic, but PLUGGING IN a mic or headphones is the issue - external plugged in mics are not picked up at all, and plugging in headphones disables the internal speakers, but no sound comes through the headphones.

I found this thread (Determine the HDA Realtek driver needed for your Audio) and was trying to follow the instructions to find the correct driver to use by looking at the 'Driver Details' lists, but I am a bit confused. When I upgraded to Win10, Windows 10 installed generic drivers for the sound card and I had the same issue - sound through speakers and internal mic was fine, but the jacks didn't work.

So, I thought I would go download some specific drivers...the latest drivers listed for audio on Acer's site for this machine are the Win7 64-bit drivers, so I installed those and, as mentioned, sound still worked fine other than the external jacks (I know the external jacks are not broken/damaged, by the way, because they used to work fine under Windows 7). When following along the list of 'special files' the aforementioned thread asks me to look for, I find both 'FMAP064.dll' from the 'FF01' 'Special Files' list...but I also see 'MaxxAudioAPO20.dll' and 'MaxxAudioEQ.dll' from the FF06 'Special Files' list...?

....so which one of those drivers do I get (FF01 or FF06)?

Where it gets even more confusing is that when I try running the Powershell script suggested in that same thread to suggest a driver, it tells me this:

Mic and Headphone input are broken [​IMG]

...so should I follow the Powershell script's suggestion and look for ANY new driver that has the 'hdxrt.inf' file in it? (Like the one listed here: Determine the HDA Realtek driver needed for your Audio )?

Sorry for the novel, but it's a tad bit confusing as to what driver I should be looking for...

Could anybody link me to a driver that might work?

Thanks so much in advance!

Darkstrike, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

Mic and Headphone input are broken

1. Mic and Headphone input are broken - Similar Threads - Mic Headphone input

2. My input/mic takes the output/headphones sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My input/mic takes the output/headphones sound: I have JBL Quantum 200 headset whit mic. I have 1 cable from headphones and i have plugged it in to the splitter and than to the mic jack/input and headphones jack/output and if il do anything.. like if im watching youtube if i play game and voice chat whit someone they hear...
  3. My input/mic takes the output/headphones sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My input/mic takes the output/headphones sound: I have JBL Quantum 200 headset whit mic. I have 1 cable from headphones and i have plugged it in to the splitter and than to the mic jack/input and headphones jack/output and if il do anything.. like if im watching youtube if i play game and voice chat whit someone they hear...
  4. Headphone with mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone with mic: I am trying to re-use an old headset phone called "Gembird"onto windows 11.But failing.Can you please help.Unsure of Topic so took a guess. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-with-mic/ed3820b0-432b-4aef-be09-78edad48ab41
  5. Headphones/mics

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones/mics: My mic system for my laptop is just not working and I don't know why. my mics used to work for my laptop but one day they stopped and i don't know why. I know its not the headphones because they work fine on my ps4 and Xbox. I also tried another pair but they didn't work...
  6. mic and headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mic and headphones: i dont know why but my headphone and mic jack doesnt work when i plug it in it only has a option of line in , mic in , headphones in and i can only choose one even tho from the pc it shows me both mic and headphones can go in and i use a 3.5 mm jack and it should work with...
  7. headphones not being recognised when the mic has an input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    headphones not being recognised when the mic has an input: so just today i got a new pc and everything. i was just sorting out some stuff when i noticed that even when i had my headphones plugged in, audio was still coming out of some speakers. and the weird thing is, the headphones only work when put into the input without the mic...
  8. Sony Headphones/Mic 3.5m jack input help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sony Headphones/Mic 3.5m jack input help: Si I have a pair of Sony ear phones that have a mic on them the sort you would use for a phone. I used to use them on my old laptop for gaming and use them currently on my work computer for Teams meetings etc... on these two systems, the microphone is great. Never had any...
  9. Broken Mic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Broken Mic: I am honestly so freaking frustrated at this point. I used to stream, so my mic worked fine a long while ago. I tried getting my mic to work recently and it refuses to work. Ive tried updating drivers, deleting and reinstalling, trying a different mic, and nothing works. I...
  10. Broken mic?

in Cortana
    Broken mic?: My mic is broken and i go to settings to try to fix it but nothing works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/broken-mic/6893abbc-e566-40df-93fb-9ddc7fa72b09"