Windows 10: Mic and headphones won't work at the same time

Discus and support Mic and headphones won't work at the same time in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; You see I have a mic which you plug into the audio jack, then I plug my headphones into the mic as it has another audio jack on it. This worked fine on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by yobob2, Jan 9, 2019.

1. yobob2 Win User

Mic and headphones won't work at the same time

You see I have a mic which you plug into the audio jack, then I plug my headphones into the mic as it has another audio jack on it. This worked fine on my laptop which had windows 8 on it, but on my new windows 10 computer I can only use one or the other. If I plug them into the left audio jack as I normally would, only my headphones are detected and it says my mic isn't plugged in. If I plug them into the right audio jack the mic (which doesn't work properly if there aren't headphones plugged into them for some reason) is detected and it says the headphones aren't plugged in. Please help as I would like to use them both at the same time as I would on my laptop.

:)

yobob2, Jan 9, 2019
  2. Aman Win User

Headphone mic not working with laptop 3.5mm port

I have sennheiser hd4.40 wireless headphone. I also got a cable with headphone having 2.5mm pin(attached to headphone) to 3.5mm pin(attached to mobile phone).

Problem is that when i connect 3.5mm pin to my mobile phone headphone jack, in call i am able to use mic and headphone both at same time but:

1. When i connect the 3.5mm pin to 3.5mm jack for mic on my laptop, i am not able to use the mic.(my laptop has separate 3.5mm mic and 3.5mm headphone jack)
    2. When i connect to 3.5mm jack for headphone, only headphone is working with laptop not mic.

Please do not suggest why I am not using Bluetooth because it is a separate problem.

I am missing something or maybe this may be limitation or something else. Help me on this. :-(

Aman, Jan 9, 2019
  3. vindows Win User
    Front Panel Headphones and Mic not working.

Hey Everyone,

Mobo : ASUS M2N MX SE
    Processor : AMD Athlon X2 5200+

My Rear panel Speakers and mic works all fine. I got a new set of headphones(with mic) when i connect it to the front panel they don't work. NO SOUND OUTPUT.

I updated the audio drivers. I tried a few many things but I still can't get them running.
    My default Sound Manager is Realtek HD Audio Manager.

Please help me get my Front Panel working. A step-by-step guide would be better.
    Thanks.

vindows, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Mic and headphones won't work at the same time

headphone mic not working.

Thank you for this reply I finally figured it out , the main problem is when we install the Conexant audio driver it overwrite the previous Realtek audio driver so the headphone mic not work. to fix this you must reinstall the Realtek audio driver download
    from realtek.com it will work with any laptop device and any mic like headphone with inbuilt (eg. Microsoft Lumia 650 headphone).

Please give other this soluction who have problem with headphone and mic and tell then to install Realtak audio driver.

Again thank you for all your replies, I finally figured out the solution.

Hemantgehlot, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

Mic and headphones won't work at the same time

1. Mic and headphones won't work at the same time - Similar Threads - Mic headphones won't

2. my new mic and headphones are not working at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my new mic and headphones are not working at the same time: I have a new mic so I plugged it into my computer. It turned on and all was good until I tried to speak it was on I could see the LED so i unplugged everything and it worked but once I plugged my headphones back in the headphones didn't work.so how do i get it to work at the...
  3. my new mic and headphones are not working at the same time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my new mic and headphones are not working at the same time: I have a new mic so I plugged it into my computer. It turned on and all was good until I tried to speak it was on I could see the LED so i unplugged everything and it worked but once I plugged my headphones back in the headphones didn't work.so how do i get it to work at the...
  4. Headphones & Mic both working; but not at the same time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones & Mic both working; but not at the same time.: Hi All,In my 20 years playing on computers daily, I have never once been this unsure as to what a problem is.I today received my Ducky one 3 mini keyboard in the post. I plugged it in and began to load up discord to talk to my friends. I was unable to get both my headset...
  5. Headphones & Mic both working; but not at the same time.

Headphones & Mic both working; but not at the same time.: Hi All,In my 20 years playing on computers daily, I have never once been this unsure as to what a problem is.I today received my Ducky one 3 mini keyboard in the post. I plugged it in and began to load up discord to talk to my friends. I was unable to get both my headset...
  6. Mic and headphones dont work at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic and headphones dont work at the same time: I have a combined mic and headphones but they don't work properly. they work just fine on my dad's windows 11 computer which has only one circular plug input but it won't work on my windows 10 which has 2 circular inputs. the casing is explosive 1.1D 1 I think, that's what...
  7. Mic and headphones dont work at the same time

Mic and headphones dont work at the same time: I have a combined mic and headphones but they don't work properly. they work just fine on my dad's windows 11 computer which has only one circular plug input but it won't work on my windows 10 which has 2 circular inputs. the casing is explosive 1.1D 1 I think, that's what...
  8. Mic and headphones dont work at the same time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Bluetooth Headphones Audio and Mic not work at same time.

Bluetooth Headphones Audio and Mic not work at same time.: Hi, I have bluetooth headset that works fine with my mobile, mic and audio works at same time. But in windows 10, i can use one at a time. if i use headphone for ausio mics stop and vice versa. if in sound properties i select Playback tab i hear the sound but as soon as...
  10. Headset won't work for Mic and Headphones at same time.

Headset won't work for Mic and Headphones at same time.: I have a Dell Latitude E7270 with windows 10, and frequently use it for video conferencing. No matter which program I am on, and regardless of whether my headset is my Bluetooth one or my USB wired one, any time I try to use the headset microphone, the headphones won't play...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant use mic and headphones at same time

2. mic and headphones wont work at same time

3. laptop mic and headphones now working at same time

4. mic and headphone not working same time laptop,
  5. micophone and headphones nots working at the same time,
  6. mic wont work while in minecraft java ,
  7. se audio and mic same time,
  8. pc wont usethe mic and headphonesat the same time,
  9. connect separate bluetooth headphones and microphone at same time,
  10. wont let me use my headset as a mic and speaker at the same time,
  11. bluetooth headphones cant use mic and speakers at same time,