Windows 10: Mic and headset function but I can’t hear how my voice sounds thru the mic

Discus and support Mic and headset function but I can’t hear how my voice sounds thru the mic in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a HyperX Solocast mic and a Razer Blackshark V2 Pro headset. Both are set up and configured as input and output, respectively. I can hear audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Abraham Johnson1, Mar 24, 2023.

1. Mic and headset function but I can’t hear how my voice sounds thru the mic

I have a HyperX Solocast mic and a Razer Blackshark V2 Pro headset. Both are set up and configured as input and output, respectively. I can hear audio in the headset from iTunes and I see that there are green bars going up to indicate that my voice is going through the mic. I also ran the mic setup wizard. But I can’t hear what my voice sounds like on the mic through the headset. How do I get this to work? Please advise. Thanks.

:)

Abraham Johnson1, Mar 24, 2023

2. Is it possible to use a bluetooth headset mic while having High quality sound

I have a Plantronics BackBeat Sense SE bluetooth headset. When Connecting it to Windows 10, it installs two profiles in Playback devices list:

1. PLT_BBTSENSE Hands-Free.
    2. PLT_BBTSENSE Stereo.

The Second one (Stereo) is set to be the "Default Device" and the "Default Communication Device" on the system.

At this point the sound works great and normally. The problem happens when I want to use the mic. When I start any program that uses the mic (recorder, chat, VoIP Calls, gaming, etc.) The sound suddenly stops working And I can only use the mic until I stop the recorder or the call.

The thing that kind of fixes the problem is setting the (Hands-Free) as the default device. I can hear the sound when I do that and it works with the mic but it becomes Very bad quality.

What I became to understand is that bluetooth had different profiles for sound and mic: A2DP and HSP. The first handle the voice(High Quality) but the latter handles the mic and reduces the sound quality.

Is this really the case? Is there anyway to make them work simultaneously? Is there any solution to this problem at all?

onlyforthis, Mar 24, 2023
  3. Windbrand Win User
    Laptop won't detect built-in mic on headsets/earbuds

I'm running Windows 10 home on a Lenovo Ideapad laptop, and it doesn't detect the mic on any of my headsets/earbuds. I can hear playback fine on my headsets/earbuds, but it can't speak through them, since it insists on using the laptop's internal mic. This results in my typing/mouse clicks all being captured on audio.

• In sound properties recording tab, I just see "microphone (Realtek high def audio)" and "stereo mix (Realtek high def audio)"
    • In sound properties playback tab, I just see "speakers (Realtek high def audio)", yet I hear audio fine on my headsets/earbuds?
    • In device manager, it doesn't detect a headset either, displays the same list as the recording tab
    So do all 3 of my headsets/earbuds have some kind of "plug and play but stays invisible to the OS" feature? One of them is the default Apple earbuds, I'm 100% sure there's a mic on there and these are brand new, so they aren't broken. Are these not supposed to appear as a "headset" device with the headset icon in sound properties?

Windbrand, Mar 24, 2023
  4. fireberd Win User

Mic and headset function but I can’t hear how my voice sounds thru the mic

Headset mic

PC Specs will help us help you.

What is the brand/model of the headset mic combo?

What front panel audio jack(s) do you have? Some are only mic or only headset, some can be either mic or headset whichever is plugged in and some are combination headset/mic.

fireberd, Mar 24, 2023
Thema:

Mic and headset function but I can’t hear how my voice sounds thru the mic

1. Mic and headset function but I can’t hear how my voice sounds thru the mic - Similar Threads - Mic headset function

2. No mic for my headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No mic for my headset: I just installed a new Bluetooth system and I had to remove my headset but when I paired it only connected audio. I did try clicking the sound button but on stereo was there no ag free....
  3. No mic for my headset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No mic for my headset: I just installed a new Bluetooth system and I had to remove my headset but when I paired it only connected audio. I did try clicking the sound button but on stereo was there no ag free....
  4. No mic for my headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mic and headset function but I can’t hear how my voice sounds thru the mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic and headset function but I can’t hear how my voice sounds thru the mic: I have a HyperX Solocast mic and a Razer Blackshark V2 Pro headset. Both are set up and configured as input and output, respectively. I can hear audio in the headset from iTunes and I see that there are green bars going up to indicate that my voice is going through the mic. I...
  6. hearing my voice from my mic

in Windows 10 Customization
    hearing my voice from my mic: helloi can hear my voice from my mic through my headphone but i tried to disable my output devises for fixing it but i can still hear my self help me please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hearing-my-voice-from-my-mic/32855997-bdc2-4197-8d3f-f6763ff02559
  7. Headset mic

Headset mic: So I bought a headset with mic to play for gaming now here comes the confusing part when I plug it in to pc and I speak into the microphone nothing works, how ever when I speak into ear piece it works Ive tried every setting there is. Please help on what I can do 171624
  8. Mic Not Working. But I Can Hear Sound.

Mic Not Working. But I Can Hear Sound.: So after I recently reset my computer, my mic now does not work. The mic works on all 3 of my other computers, my phone and both xbox ones. I have scoured the internet and done every single idea to try to fix this issue to no avail. Please help me. I am also a streamer so...
  9. Headset mic

Headset mic: So a few days ago my partners headset mic stopped working. He can hear but people cannot hear him. I thought it may be where the headset was plugged into so tried it on my pc and didnt work. Then i tried my headset on his pc and my pc and mine did not work either. Now they...
  10. Headset Mic sounding different..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset Mic sounding different..: So i have a hyperx cloud alpha. when i'm on xbox it sounds way better than it does it pc. when i'm on my computer i have a dual adapter to plug it into the mic and headphones option. but it doesn't work, so i put it in the headphones and the mic sounds bad. any fixes to get...