Windows 10: Mic and Speaker troubleshoot not working

Discus and support Mic and Speaker troubleshoot not working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am going to keep it short. When I go into settings and try to troubleshoot my mic or my headset, a pop up opens with the message "Windows cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Link_the_Irish, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Mic and Speaker troubleshoot not working

I am going to keep it short. When I go into settings and try to troubleshoot my mic or my headset, a pop up opens with the message "Windows cannot access the specified divide, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." This is my personal device, so there shouldn't any school software not giving me access. I'm just curious on what I can do to fix this. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

submitted by /u/Link_the_Irish
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Link_the_Irish, Mar 24, 2020
  2. LuckAl Win User

Bluetooth speaker with mic - mic not working when connected on Win10

Hi all,

We have bought a speaker for our office to use in conferences.

The bluetooth speaker has a microphone, and works fine (both mic and speaker) when connected to a smartphone.

The problem appears when we connect it to a laptop. Although it appears in the bluetooth settings menu with as a Headset with a headset icon, and when connected it shows: "Connected voice, music", the microphone
    of the speaker doesn't work.

In the Sound Settings, the speaker is selected both in Output and Input, but when testing, no sound is recorded, even though the speaker works (you can hear sound through it).

• All bluetooth drivers have been reinstalled and are up to date

• We have run the Troubleshoot unsuccessfully, getting the following response: “Troubleshooting couldn’t identify the problem”.

Under Device properties > Properties > Details > Device Description is listed as
    Bluetooth Hands-Free.

Is there anything else we can do at this point? This has been tested on 2 computers.

Is this an issue with Windows 10 and Bluetooth speakers with microphones?

Many thanks for any help!

LuckAl, Mar 24, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Mar 24, 2020
  4. vindows Win User

Mic and Speaker troubleshoot not working

Front Panel Headphones and Mic not working.

Hey Everyone,

Mobo : ASUS M2N MX SE
    Processor : AMD Athlon X2 5200+

My Rear panel Speakers and mic works all fine. I got a new set of headphones(with mic) when i connect it to the front panel they don't work. NO SOUND OUTPUT.

I updated the audio drivers. I tried a few many things but I still can't get them running.
    My default Sound Manager is Realtek HD Audio Manager.

Please help me get my Front Panel working. A step-by-step guide would be better.
    Thanks.

vindows, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Mic and Speaker troubleshoot not working

1. Mic and Speaker troubleshoot not working - Similar Threads - Mic Speaker troubleshoot

2. ASUS X415 MIC AND SPEAKER NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS X415 MIC AND SPEAKER NOT WORKING: I had just bought my ASUS X415 laptop around 2 months ago and never damaged it. However, I started my laptop one day for an online class and the microphone and the speakers were not working in the call. So I tested the speaker by playing music and videos but realized the...
  3. ASUS X415 MIC AND SPEAKER NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASUS X415 MIC AND SPEAKER NOT WORKING: I had just bought my ASUS X415 laptop around 2 months ago and never damaged it. However, I started my laptop one day for an online class and the microphone and the speakers were not working in the call. So I tested the speaker by playing music and videos but realized the...
  4. No mic and speaker access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No mic and speaker access: i am using kali desktop GUI but my mic and speakers are not working. this is what it shows to me in settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-mic-and-speaker-access/28b77532-aa84-4aea-93c3-8cf98e470911
  5. Windows 10 - mic and speaker not working-

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - mic and speaker not working-: I restarted my pc I did nothing such of setting configurations and the mic and speakers aren't working , they aren't showing in playback devicesdisabled view enabled , still , Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
  6. Mic Trouble on a headset with working speakers

Mic Trouble on a headset with working speakers: I have a desktop PC with a mic connected via an audio splitter but no matter what I try I can't get my mic to work despite the headset speakers working perfectly. Tried messing with realtek settings, updating driverswindows just said they are all up to date, and messing with...
  7. Headphone detected as speaker and mic not working

Headphone detected as speaker and mic not working: My headphone was working well previously but after i plugged in my PS4 controller i think it just override the software or something. I used to be able to listen and talk with this headphone and in the sound playback panel it will be detected as KZ earphone but now it is...
  8. Mic / Speakers not working!

Mic / Speakers not working!: Hey guys, I have a very weird problem with my speakers and microphone. I try to describe it as detailed as possible: Yesterday evening around 8 PM GMT +1 I was recording my voice through Audacity and listened to it. Everything worked perfectly fine. After that I started...
  9. Bluetooth speaker with mic - mic not working when connected on Win10

Bluetooth speaker with mic - mic not working when connected on Win10: Hi all, We have bought a speaker for our office to use in conferences. The bluetooth speaker has a microphone, and works fine (both mic and speaker) when connected to a smartphone. The problem appears when we connect it to a laptop. Although it appears in the...
  10. Combined mic/speakers

Combined mic/speakers: I have a combined mic and speakers jack and also a combined input, but my microphone isn't working. it's just using my pc mic. 37678