Windows 10: Mic boost slider

Discus and support Mic boost slider in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The mic boost slider wont move at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-boost-slider/770fa2c4-a509-4038-b740-f918347d0ab4 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ZoranRistic2, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Mic boost slider

The mic boost slider wont move at all

:)

ZoranRistic2, Apr 25, 2020
  2. ShantiMe Win User

Mic Boost slider missing in Windows 8.1

I have a good quality professional mic (USB) yet the input volume is very low inspite of the high volume settings in Audacity.

I was looking for a solution and found a number of articles advising to increase the mic boost in the sound levels window.

The problem is that I DO NOT have the mic boost slider below the volume slider. I have never seen it there from day one.

Apparently this is a known issue - except that no one has got the solution - which is

How to activate the mic boost slider so that it shows in the levels window (and can be adjusted)

I have Windows 8.1 (64)

I do hope that someone from MS support can help me find my mic boost slider.

Mic boost slider 4b6295da-8576-4d02-a943-6587c4a37b00?upload=true.jpg

ShantiMe, Apr 25, 2020
  3. ihavegei Win User
    No boost option for mic

So I got a new mic today and when I went to the properties for it I only saw a slider for volume and nothing for boost, it is a microphone that connects to the pc via usb and does not need a driver to be installed. Could someone please help me out here
    I don't really know how to get the slider for boost.

ihavegei, Apr 25, 2020
  4. Mic boost slider

Can't boost microphone in Windows 10

Thanks for replying Mic boost slider :)

I did all the steps listed, but as shown in the screenshot above there is no Microphone Boost slider to modify. And in the "Custom" tab the Microphone Boost box is check-marked so I have no idea why its not showing.

_Daniel_S_, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

Mic boost slider

1. Mic boost slider - Similar Threads - Mic boost slider

2. Low mic volume even with max mic boost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low mic volume even with max mic boost: I need help, the item's microphone sound and boost are at their maximum, but my sound is still very low, I have tried reinstalling the sound card and changing the microphone, but it still doesn't work, I'm using the win10 system, hope someone can help...
  3. Low mic volume even with max mic boost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low mic volume even with max mic boost: I need help, the item's microphone sound and boost are at their maximum, but my sound is still very low, I have tried reinstalling the sound card and changing the microphone, but it still doesn't work, I'm using the win10 system, hope someone can help...
  4. Low mic volume even with max mic boost

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mic Volume Slider Stuck on Screen

Mic Volume Slider Stuck on Screen: So I just set up my recording stuff for the first time on my new build. As soon as I turn the mixer on, this volume slider pops up in the way of everything and I can't figure out how to get rid of it. When I turn the mixer off, it disappears. I've checked Sound settings...
  6. mic on full volume and mic boost but still low

mic on full volume and mic boost but still low: i have a BM 800 mic i dont have any sound card but if I put it at the highest volume I still need to get close as possible I cant stay 5 Meters away otherwise they cant hear me the youtube videos are just completely nothing nothing rlly worked on them so yeah. i need help on...
  7. Mic boost

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mic boost: I recently bought a mic i hooked it up but i sounds really low i went to control panel and sound and properties . I put the mic volume up and there is no mic boost. I tryed troubleshooting it but it said not problems detected . I need help turning mic volume up...
  8. Can't find the boost slider to boost microphone volume.

Can't find the boost slider to boost microphone volume.: I just got a new headset, and the microphone volume is really low-- I'll have to shout to be heard. I'm trying to turn it up, but the volume is already at 100. All the microsoft help articles recommend using the boost slider, but I can't find it in the levels tab. Here's...
  9. Mic boost for default USB mic driver.

Mic boost for default USB mic driver.: I have tried MANY MANY usb micrphones, and every single one that uses the default usb audio driver does NOT have a mic boost this is pretty much every one of them. The recording volume is often too low to record low volume stuff, even at max. Only mics that have their own...
  10. No boost option for mic

No boost option for mic: So I got a new mic today and when I went to the properties for it I only saw a slider for volume and nothing for boost, it is a microphone that connects to the pc via usb and does not need a driver to be installed. Could someone please help me out here I don't really know how...