Windows 10: Mic boost

Discus and support Mic boost in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently bought a mic i hooked it up but i sounds really low i went to control panel and sound and properties . I put the mic volume up and there is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MaddoxCuque, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Mic boost

I recently bought a mic i hooked it up but i sounds really low i went to control panel and sound and properties . I put the mic volume up and there is no mic boost. I tryed troubleshooting it but it said not problems detected . I need help turning mic volume up

:)

MaddoxCuque, Jan 30, 2021

2. Mic boost slider

The mic boost slider wont move at all

ZoranRistic2, Jan 30, 2021
  3. Boost mic volume

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that windows is unable to configure the microphone settings for your headset device.

I would suggest you to use the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Run the Microphone Setup Wizard

• Type “Set up Mic” in Cortana’s Search box.

• Follow the instructions provided to set up your microphone.
    Check your microphone’s drivers

• Type in “Device Manager” in the Search box and select it from the list.

• Expand Sound, video and game controllers

• Right-click (or tap and hold) your microphone device and select
      Update Driver Software.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
      This option will scan the Internet for the correct version of the driver or determine if you already have the most recent driver installed.
      You may be prompted to restart your computer to install the driver.
    Manually turn up the mic gain

• Type in “Sound” in the Search box and select
      Sound (Control Panel)
      from the list.

• Select the Recording tab.

• Right-click (or tap and hold) on the active microphone input device and select
      Properties.

• Select the Levels tab.

• Manually drag the Microphone gain to a higher level and click
      Apply.
    Write to us with the updated information. If the issue still persists we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 30, 2021
  4. zaphod77 Win User

Mic boost

Mic boost for default USB mic driver.

I have tried MANY MANY usb micrphones, and every single one that uses the default usb audio driver does NOT have a mic boost (this is pretty much every one of them).

The recording volume is often too low to record low volume stuff, even at max.

Only mics that have their own special audio driver ever actually have a mic boost.

Is there some reason that this can't be fixed? Is it something to do with the usb microphone specification?

zaphod77, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

Mic boost

1. Mic boost - Similar Threads - Mic boost

2. Realtek HD setting missing Decibel Boost & Low Sound Input in Built-in Mic - ThP17 Gen 1...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Realtek HD setting missing Decibel Boost & Low Sound Input in Built-in Mic - ThP17 Gen 1...: I have two issues, the most important is that my built-in Microphone doesn't seem to "hear" my voice or any sound loud enough therefore people on the other side can hear me well when in chats/meetings. Sound goes in but not loud enough, the Voice tests only go up to 1 or...
  3. Mic volume automatically going down when using an external app to boost the gain

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic volume automatically going down when using an external app to boost the gain: I downloaded Equalizer APO to boost my mic gain to 50db to annoy friends. This works seemingly fine when I try it in voice recorder but when I open chrome and try it in voice recorder the mic volume just goes down and I have to go to my control panel and put it back to 100%....
  4. mic on full volume and mic boost but still low

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mic on full volume and mic boost but still low: i have a BM 800 mic i dont have any sound card but if I put it at the highest volume I still need to get close as possible I cant stay 5 Meters away otherwise they cant hear me the youtube videos are just completely nothing nothing rlly worked on them so yeah. i need help on...
  5. Wireless headset mic is too quiet, boost options are limited to +/- 3dB?

Wireless headset mic is too quiet, boost options are limited to +/- 3dB?: Recently I tried connecting my gen 1 Sony Gold wireless headset to my Surface Pro 6 via dongle. It installed just fine, was recognized right away, and I am able to hear sound and use the mic, but my mic volume is extremely low. I've maxed all settings for it and the input...
  6. Mic boost for default USB mic driver.

Mic boost for default USB mic driver.: I have tried MANY MANY usb micrphones, and every single one that uses the default usb audio driver does NOT have a mic boost this is pretty much every one of them. The recording volume is often too low to record low volume stuff, even at max. Only mics that have their own...
  7. Mic is extremely quiet even with max boost

Mic is extremely quiet even with max boost: as title says Mic is basically not usable , both front and rear 3.5mm I tried, -uninstalling and installing it again -unplugging them from the motherboard uninstalling the driver and plugging them again -latest driver from the motherboard and realtek websites -older...
  8. Mic boost slider

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mic boost slider: The mic boost slider wont move at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-boost-slider/770fa2c4-a509-4038-b740-f918347d0ab4
  9. mic way too low even after boosting it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    mic way too low even after boosting it: title. I cant get my mic to a normal volume, even after doing everything to boost it within windows 10. someone please help, this has been a problem for weeks submitted by /u/TriggerOnTheTrey [link] [comments]...
  10. No boost option for mic

No boost option for mic: So I got a new mic today and when I went to the properties for it I only saw a slider for volume and nothing for boost, it is a microphone that connects to the pc via usb and does not need a driver to be installed. Could someone please help me out here I don't really know how...