Windows 10: Mic cuts off while i'm playing audio

Discus and support Mic cuts off while i'm playing audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been having this issue for a while, I have tried updating all the drivers for the audio devices both speakers and microphone but i keep having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Luis_Gutiérrez, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Mic cuts off while i'm playing audio

I have been having this issue for a while, I have tried updating all the drivers for the audio devices both speakers and microphone but i keep having this issue.

This happens on me on any type of online call, and if there is someone else talking or making any noise, then they hear me cut off, also if i'm playing music or a video. In general, if my computer is playing any sound, be it through speakers or headphones, then the microphone does not work properly.

Any ideas on how I can fi this weird issue?

:)

Luis_Gutiérrez, Feb 11, 2021

2. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 11, 2021
  3. Lumia 950 mic audio pickup too weak

Hello,

For us to be able to isolate why your audio mic is weak, kindly answer these questions:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you already contacted B2X regarding your concern?

We'll be waiting for your updates.

Gerald Mal, Feb 11, 2021
  4. NicolaiC Win User

Mic cuts off while i'm playing audio

Redirect application audio as mic audio

There is a app I use for my mic called WO mic and this plays live audio from my phone to the computer application, can I redirect the audio in the PC application as Mic audio for gaming? If not are there any applications I can download that can do this?

NicolaiC, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

Mic cuts off while i'm playing audio

1. Mic cuts off while i'm playing audio - Similar Threads - Mic cuts off

2. Pc lags and stutters while audio simultaneously cuts in and out while playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc lags and stutters while audio simultaneously cuts in and out while playing games.: Every now and again while I'm playing games Modern warfare 2, Grounded etc. my pc will cut the audio in and out and lag making any videos or music I have in the background buffer/stutter, however this does not completely freeze my pc as I'm able to alt tab as well as open my...
  3. Pc lags and stutters while audio simultaneously cuts in and out while playing games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc lags and stutters while audio simultaneously cuts in and out while playing games.: Every now and again while I'm playing games Modern warfare 2, Grounded etc. my pc will cut the audio in and out and lag making any videos or music I have in the background buffer/stutter, however this does not completely freeze my pc as I'm able to alt tab as well as open my...
  4. Laptop audio cuts off.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop audio cuts off.: Recently my audio has been cutting off whenever I open up a application different from the one I was using before, an example of this is using browser YouTube then opening up OBS, my audio cuts off, and I can't hear anything even from the application I opened, I use Bluetooth...
  5. audio playing through mic?

audio playing through mic?: okay so discord is picking up any audio i play. youtube, games, notification noises. they all go through and people in voice calls can hear. I've tried updating drivers, disabling stereo mix. nothing helps. this only happens when I use my headset. it doesn't happen if I just...
  6. Audio cutting off when mic activates

Audio cutting off when mic activates: For some reason, every time I try to use my mic the sound suddenly stops using Bluetooth headphones with a UB400 Bluetooth Adapter, I tried multiple things including: reinstalling drivers, using a different pair of headphones, using the driver from the official website:...
  7. Headphone audio cutting off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headphone audio cutting off: I have a VZ-B802 VIZZ Headphone, everytime I touch or nudge the cord the audio cuts off, I've searched the internet and some says that it might be because the aux cord board is loose, I don't quite understand what to do. I already tried to troubleshoot the audio, change the...
  8. mic cuts out when audio plays

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mic cuts out when audio plays: I first noticed my mic cutting out when talking to friends on discord, and then i noticed that whenever a system sound plays, chrome, video games, my mic starts cutting out, or getting really quiet, and when ever sounds aren't playing, my mic works just fine....
  9. My audio randomly cuts out while playing SOME games

My audio randomly cuts out while playing SOME games: I have a year old Arctis 5 headset and after u built a new pc i started having problems with audio in some games. Precisely R6, valorant, Apex Legends and nothing else. When my audio cuts out my screen freezes then goes normally until when the audio comes back about 10...
  10. Audio cuts on and off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio cuts on and off: I recently installed windows 10. Everything seems to work well except my audio. It doesn't matter if I'm on youtube or playing video games, the sound works for 30 seconds then off for 1 sec. Can anyone help? submitted by /u/Gothlander [link] [comments]...