Windows 10: mic cuts out when audio plays

Discus and support mic cuts out when audio plays in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I first noticed my mic cutting out when talking to friends on discord, and then i noticed that whenever a system sound plays, chrome, video games, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mask on2Fite, Mar 17, 2021.

1. mic cuts out when audio plays

I first noticed my mic cutting out when talking to friends on discord, and then i noticed that whenever a system sound plays, chrome, video games, my mic starts cutting out, or getting really quiet, and when ever sounds aren't playing, my mic works just fine.

:)

Mask on2Fite, Mar 17, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Audio cuts out when I use my mic

Hi, have you looked at this setting?

mic cuts out when audio plays [​IMG]

dalchina, Mar 17, 2021
  3. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: Fix sound problems in Windows 10

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 17, 2021
  4. mic cuts out when audio plays

Lumia 950 mic audio pickup too weak

Hello,

For us to be able to isolate why your audio mic is weak, kindly answer these questions:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you already contacted B2X regarding your concern?

We'll be waiting for your updates.

Gerald Mal, Mar 17, 2021
Thema:

mic cuts out when audio plays

1. mic cuts out when audio plays - Similar Threads - mic cuts audio

2. Audio Cutting out when in Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Cutting out when in Games: For some reason whenever I am in games my audio will randomly cut out for a few seconds and then come right back. However, if I am listening to a youtube video or on a voice call with someone at the same time my game audio will cut out, but the audio from the video/call...
  3. Mic cuts in and out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mic cuts in and out: Hi all,I have been trying to fix my audio problems for some time now and haven't been able to find a solution. When I have my mic plugged in, it only registers input every other second and cut in and out almost to a steady 4/4 rythym. I have tried uninstalling and re...
  4. Audio cutting off when mic activates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio cutting off when mic activates: For some reason, every time I try to use my mic the sound suddenly stops using Bluetooth headphones with a UB400 Bluetooth Adapter, I tried multiple things including: reinstalling drivers, using a different pair of headphones, using the driver from the official website:...
  5. Audio cuts out when I use my mic

Audio cuts out when I use my mic: I've only had this issue when I started using this pc, I've troubleshot this issue quite thoroughly and I still have no clue what it is, I've used different mics and still the issue persists. I completely reset my pc so its not an app I installed (to my knowledge) I can still...
  6. Mic cuts off while i'm playing audio

Mic cuts off while i'm playing audio: I have been having this issue for a while, I have tried updating all the drivers for the audio devices both speakers and microphone but i keep having this issue. This happens on me on any type of online call, and if there is someone else talking or making any noise, then...
  7. Bluetooth headphone audio cuts out when not playing music

Bluetooth headphone audio cuts out when not playing music: I am having issues getting pair of bluetooth headphones I purchased to work with windows 10. When pair and connect to the headphones they will work for a short time, but if I start any music, youtube video, or a game they will only work when that audio is playing. If I...
  8. mic cutting in and out

mic cutting in and out: this issue started today, when talking my mic would constantly cut in and out, i have tried many different things such as trouble shooting disabling and renabling the mic on different apps, trying different headphones, restarts, updated the system, clean boot, checked drivers...
  9. mic cutting in and out

mic cutting in and out: this issue started today, when talking my mic would constantly cut in and out, i have tried many different things such as trouble shooting disabling and renabling the mic on different apps, trying different headphones, restarts, updated the system, checked drivers and more...
  10. mic cutting out

mic cutting out: hey all, general mic issue question. My ATR USB mic of about 5? years has just started cutting out pretty bad when talking with friends. Every time I try and speak more than a word or two I've been told its been cutting out pretty hard. I've since been using the mic on my...