Windows 10: mic cutting in and out

Discus and support mic cutting in and out in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; this issue started today, when talking my mic would constantly cut in and out, i have tried many different things such as trouble shooting disabling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FinnC1, Jul 28, 2020.

1. FinnC1 Win User

mic cutting in and out

this issue started today, when talking my mic would constantly cut in and out, i have tried many different things such as trouble shooting disabling and renabling the mic on different apps, trying different headphones, restarts, updated the system, clean boot, checked drivers and more and the problem still isn't fixed.

:)

FinnC1, Jul 28, 2020

2. mic cutting out

hey all, general mic issue question. My ATR USB mic of about 5(?) years has just started cutting out pretty bad when talking with friends. Every time I try and speak more than a word or two I've been told its been cutting out pretty hard. I've since been
    using the mic on my webcam which isn't great but works fine and doesn't cut out at all. Could the mic just be getting old? Don't wanna buy a new one if it's an internal issue lol. Thanks!

CaydenFiala, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Mic cutting out and very low sound.

So, I don't know why this has happened and it started when I got it. I have a snowball. Not the ice version and I've confirmed it isn't wire related. I've switched modes on the mic and put the voice level to 100% but nothing works! It's low volume and cuts
    the good last portion of what I'm saying. Like: Okay, du (de). At the same voice and volume. Like one thing I did was just do AAAAAAAAh and 1/4 of it got cut out. I don't know what to do. Download drivers. (No clue, too dumb and will break something.) Download
    the Realtek thing. (What I'm planning.) Or dump it.

If you could give me a list of things to do and how to do them that would be great. BTW it's not the mic, wire, but the software or audio config thing. Worked on other devices... (Only windows does it.)

Thanks if you could find the fix to this.

DirkGriebel, Jul 28, 2020
  4. fireberd Win User

mic cutting in and out

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

mic cutting in and out

1. mic cutting in and out - Similar Threads - mic cutting

2. Mute button makes audio fade instead of instantly muting cutting all input on the mic.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mute button makes audio fade instead of instantly muting cutting all input on the mic.: I want to be able to mute the mic instantly and not have it fade away for around 0.5s. I know it does this because I can Listen to myself on Sound Settings > More Sound Settings > Listen > "Listen to this device", and of course other people have told me they can still briefly...
  3. Mute button makes audio fade instead of instantly muting cutting all input on the mic.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mute button makes audio fade instead of instantly muting cutting all input on the mic.: I want to be able to mute the mic instantly and not have it fade away for around 0.5s. I know it does this because I can Listen to myself on Sound Settings > More Sound Settings > Listen > "Listen to this device", and of course other people have told me they can still briefly...
  4. Mute button makes audio fade instead of instantly muting cutting all input on the mic.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How can I fix Blue screening and mic cutting out everytime I play a specific game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix Blue screening and mic cutting out everytime I play a specific game.: Everytime I play any other game, there is no issue. Playing valorant, apex, whatever, I dont blue screen or have my mic cut out. However, when I play fortnite, I commonly blue screen and have my mic and audio cut out. I have a Steelseries arctis 1 wireless and only when I...
  6. How can I fix Blue screening and mic cutting out everytime I play a specific game.

How can I fix Blue screening and mic cutting out everytime I play a specific game.: Everytime I play any other game, there is no issue. Playing valorant, apex, whatever, I dont blue screen or have my mic cut out. However, when I play fortnite, I commonly blue screen and have my mic and audio cut out. I have a Steelseries arctis 1 wireless and only when I...
  7. How can I fix Blue screening and mic cutting out everytime I play a specific game.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Mic suddenly cutting in and out, super low?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic suddenly cutting in and out, super low?: Im running asus laptop windows 11, never had mic issues until recently. Suddenly my mic got super quiet and would cut in and out. I looked through all my settings and nothing was wrong with the mic itself so i did a system restore. System restore worked, temporarily. I left...
  9. Mic suddenly cutting in and out, super low?

Mic suddenly cutting in and out, super low?: Im running asus laptop windows 11, never had mic issues until recently. Suddenly my mic got super quiet and would cut in and out. I looked through all my settings and nothing was wrong with the mic itself so i did a system restore. System restore worked, temporarily. I left...
  10. My mic is cutting out

in Windows 10 Customization
    My mic is cutting out: So, my microphone is cutting out in like 2-4 secs. I tryed to use my headphone mic, but it didnt work either, Could someone reply on this application and help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mic-is-cutting-out/e9194d0e-175b-4af0-ac41-4fef6af0a780