Windows 10: Mic cutting out and very low sound.

Discus and support Mic cutting out and very low sound. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, I don't know why this has happened and it started when I got it. I have a snowball. Not the ice version and I've confirmed it isn't wire related.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DirkGriebel, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Mic cutting out and very low sound.

So, I don't know why this has happened and it started when I got it. I have a snowball. Not the ice version and I've confirmed it isn't wire related. I've switched modes on the mic and put the voice level to 100% but nothing works! It's low volume and cuts the good last portion of what I'm saying. Like: Okay, du (de). At the same voice and volume. Like one thing I did was just do AAAAAAAAh and 1/4 of it got cut out. I don't know what to do. Download drivers. (No clue, too dumb and will break something.) Download the Realtek thing. (What I'm planning.) Or dump it.

If you could give me a list of things to do and how to do them that would be great. BTW it's not the mic, wire, but the software or audio config thing. Worked on other devices... (Only windows does it.)

Thanks if you could find the fix to this.

:)

DirkGriebel, Dec 12, 2019
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Dec 12, 2019
  3. Sound cuts out when in game and call

Hello Lilium,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Sound cut's out in between games and calls. We will certainly help you.

• What happens when you only play the game and not use any other application? Does the sound stay?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?

For now we suggest you to try the steps from the link below and check if it helps:

Fix sound problems

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 12, 2019
  4. Mic cutting out and very low sound.

Headset mic not working

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This might occur when some of the mic setting got corrupted.

I would suggest you to try running Recording audio troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Recording Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

Mic cutting out and very low sound.

1. Mic cutting out and very low sound. - Similar Threads - Mic cutting very

2. Mic suddenly cutting in and out, super low?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic suddenly cutting in and out, super low?: Im running asus laptop windows 11, never had mic issues until recently. Suddenly my mic got super quiet and would cut in and out. I looked through all my settings and nothing was wrong with the mic itself so i did a system restore. System restore worked, temporarily. I left...
  3. Mic suddenly cutting in and out, super low?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic suddenly cutting in and out, super low?: Im running asus laptop windows 11, never had mic issues until recently. Suddenly my mic got super quiet and would cut in and out. I looked through all my settings and nothing was wrong with the mic itself so i did a system restore. System restore worked, temporarily. I left...
  4. Volume Very Low and Cutting Out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume Very Low and Cutting Out: Whenever I plug a USB headset into my computer it is always extremely noisy. I have to use windows volume at 2% and it consistently cuts out. Whenever I use the volume slider on my headset it adjusts windows volume instead of the headsets volume. I have tried multiple...
  5. Volume Very Low and Cutting Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume Very Low and Cutting Out: Whenever I plug a USB headset into my computer it is always extremely noisy. I have to use windows volume at 2% and it consistently cuts out. Whenever I use the volume slider on my headset it adjusts windows volume instead of the headsets volume. I have tried multiple...
  6. Volume Very Low and Cutting Out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Mic cuts in and out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mic cuts in and out: Hi all,I have been trying to fix my audio problems for some time now and haven't been able to find a solution. When I have my mic plugged in, it only registers input every other second and cut in and out almost to a steady 4/4 rythym. I have tried uninstalling and re...
  8. mic cutting in and out

mic cutting in and out: this issue started today, when talking my mic would constantly cut in and out, i have tried many different things such as trouble shooting disabling and renabling the mic on different apps, trying different headphones, restarts, updated the system, clean boot, checked drivers...
  9. mic cutting in and out

mic cutting in and out: this issue started today, when talking my mic would constantly cut in and out, i have tried many different things such as trouble shooting disabling and renabling the mic on different apps, trying different headphones, restarts, updated the system, checked drivers and more...
  10. Mic and sound cutting out for video calls

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic and sound cutting out for video calls: My mic started cutting out on Google Hangouts using Chrome on Sunday. Tonight I'm using the discord app on my laptop and the same issue. Also the sound is cutting out now. I've googled looking for answers and done all the trouble shooting. When they cut out I try them out...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mic cutting in and out

2. built in mic cuts in and out windows 10