Windows 10: Mic detected but doesn't record sound.

Discus and support Mic detected but doesn't record sound. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently I decided to use my headset for recording purposes. I haven't used it in over 9 months until now. Everything connects and works normally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Powphenom, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Powphenom Win User

Mic detected but doesn't record sound.

Recently I decided to use my headset for recording purposes. I haven't used it in over 9 months until now. Everything connects and works normally except for the mic. It detects when the mic is plugged in, but doesn't record any audio. Please don't give me stereo typical "Mic not working" answers. Heres a list of things I've tried that have not worked.

1. Changed slots on my pc to see if any others would work. failed

2. Ran the speech recognition, and microphone setup. failed

3. Checked to see if anything was muted in the mic properties. failed

4. Tried using several availiable configs on the "change sound" board. failed

5. Went to privacy settings and made sure everything was enabled failed

6. Updated, Uninstalled, and changed driver versions failed

7. Ran the windows audio trouble shoot failed

8. Checked for windows updates/driver updates failed

Those are some of the things I've tested that haven't worked. Looked at nearly every video covering how to fix a mic that is not detecting sound and none worked. I would appreciate if anyone could give me any assistance in getting my mic working again.

:)

Powphenom, Mar 30, 2020
  2. LeonardDD Win User

Microphone detecting sound but mic isn't actually recording

I got an issue regarding the mic on my computer(windows 10) when I go to, sound->recording i do see the green bars if I talk however no sound is actually being recorded. I use a headset and the mic is called Realtek high defenition audio on sound->recording.

What i have tried so far:

1. go to device manager->audio inputs and outputs->microphone (1. look for updates 2. disable and enable 3. uninstall the microphone(Realtek high definition audio) then go to action on device manager and scan for hardware changes, mic does come back on device
    manager but still doesn't work)

2. tried to plug the mic at the back of the computer instead of the front (don't know the technical terms)

3.maybe obvious but to clarify I also already went to sound->recording->microphone and tried to "set up" microphone, when I talk it simply doesnt detect me speaking (whilst the green bars in sound->recording microphone do go up.

4. confirmed my mic isn't muted via sound->recording->mic->properties->levels

5. went to sound->recording and show disabled/disconnected devices only "Line In" pop up and "stereomix", no other mic option

6. I have already tried different settings via sound->recording->mic->enhacement also tried all different advanced options.

7.checked to see if any windows updates came out that might have caused the change, and that also isn't the case as my mic worked fine after the most recent update but only recently stopped with working

At this point i don't know what else i can do so any suggestions are welcome if you need more details regarding my computer, just ask as I am not fully aware what information i have to give.

LeonardDD, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Page Hite Win User
    Windows 10 has USB mic grayed out in sound/recording

I have Samson C01U USB microphone. This mic worked perfectly with Windows 8.1. Upgraded to Windows 10 and I now have issues. Device Manager says the device is working properly. The Sound/Recording tab say the mic is ready, yet it is grayed out in the recording
    device list. Another USB mic (integrated with Webcam) works fine. Comments, suggestions, advice? Better yet, solution?

Page Hite, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Triobian Win User

Recording Mic Not Detected

So, I'm having a problem, and I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I can hope one of you might be able to help. I'm a newbie to this kind of stuff, most of the time I've figured things out by random trial and error. The problem I'm having is that my microphone is not being detected by Windows, it doesn't show up at all. I've tried a variety of things, but if you think you have a solution, assume I haven't tried it. If you can, I would like details and step by step stuff, I'm not great at improv direction. I'm a streamer and Youtuber, and the mic and interface was chosen because it's the the popular choice among other streamers.

Details of my setup:
    Mic: AT 2035
    Interface: Line 6 UX2
    PC: Custom
    Motherboard: Crossfire V Formula Z
    CPU: AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core Processor 4.01 GHz
    Ram: 16.0 GB
    GPU: GTX 1080 Founder Edition
    Recording Software: OBS

Picture 1: Current configuration of Pod Farm 2
    Version: 2.59
    Details:
    As seen, all three items in the configuration are turned on.Input is set to mic 1, and as seen from the levels the mic is working and the software is registering audio.

Picture 2: Pod Farm License Manager
    Details: As seen, both my computer and the UX2 Interface are authorized.Something I see, there are add-on's in UX2 but not on my pc, not sure if that is significant.

Picture 3: Playback and Recording
    Details:
    "Speakers 3 - Line 6 UX2" from the UX2 obviously.
    "NVIDIA HDMI Output (Port 1 - 3)" Are my monitors.
    "SONY TV - 4" Another of my monitors.
    "AT Headphones" My headphones.
    "Realtek Digital Output (1 - 2)" Not sure, but from the disc that came with my motherboard.
    "Digital Audio Interface 3 - Line 6 UX2" from the UX2 obviously.
    "Microphone" This is not the AT 2035. I'm unsure what it is, but when listening to audio its just the same droning noise. Might be an audio jack on the computer itself.
    "Line In" No clue on this.
    "Stereo Mix" Not sure what this does, but it is also from the disc that came with the motherboard.

That's everything that I can think to include. If you need more information in order to help I will do my best to answer. So, if you might know of a solution, please do say.

Triobian, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Mic detected but doesn't record sound. - Similar Threads - Mic detected doesn't

2. HeadSet and mic not being detected in sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HeadSet and mic not being detected in sound: So when I plug in my gaming headset with a mic into the jack the jack is mic and headset together on my windows 11 computer and it does not detect the mic or the headset in Sounds. So now when I plug it in, I can only use the speakers from the computer and the mic in my...
  3. HeadSet and mic not being detected in sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HeadSet and mic not being detected in sound: So when I plug in my gaming headset with a mic into the jack the jack is mic and headset together on my windows 11 computer and it does not detect the mic or the headset in Sounds. So now when I plug it in, I can only use the speakers from the computer and the mic in my...
  4. Xbox Game Bar doesn't record my mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar doesn't record my mic: I need quick help on xbox game bar. Most of the times, I mean, 100% of the times xbox game bar won't record my mic even though it recorded everything. There's like one way to fix it just by disable and enable back mic in xbox game bar interface but I don't want to do it...
  5. Xbox Game Bar doesn't record my mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar doesn't record my mic: I need quick help on xbox game bar. Most of the times, I mean, 100% of the times xbox game bar won't record my mic even though it recorded everything. There's like one way to fix it just by disable and enable back mic in xbox game bar interface but I don't want to do it...
  6. Mic not recording

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic not recording: Hi there, I have been using my AKG earphone as a mic and another headphone for sound output for like a year and suddenly the mic it stopped working. I thought it was just the mic broken so I bought another one and plugged in but it did not work. Windows recognize the mic...
  7. Headseat headphones not detected but it works: mic not detected but doesn't work

Headseat headphones not detected but it works: mic not detected but doesn't work: I just bought a new headset and I've had problems with my audio jack but somehow fixed it after days of looking. My headset isn't detected at all but the sound goes through while the mic on the headset just doesn't work and neither show up in disabled devices either. What can...
  8. Headset Mic not displayed in Sound: Recording!

Headset Mic not displayed in Sound: Recording!: Hi, this may be confusing at first, but I will try my best to explain. I have been dealing with my mic volume being low on my laptop ASUS ROG STRIX 17.3” Gaming Laptop I went out and decided to buy a pair of headsets Onikuma K9 I plugged the headsets in and the mic will not...
  9. Microphone detected by windows but mic doesn't work

Microphone detected by windows but mic doesn't work: I'm on Windows 10, using Realtek Audio Ok here's what I've what's happening and what I've tried- my headset mic stopped, which uses the 3.5mm jacks on my PC. Audio comes into the headphones fine, but the mic isn't detecting my voice. I figured maybe the mic on my...
  10. Recording Mic Not Detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recording Mic Not Detected: So, I'm having a problem, and I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I can hope one of you might be able to help. I'm a newbie to this kind of stuff, most of the time I've figured things out by random trial and error. The problem I'm having is that my microphone is not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 detects microphone but it doesnt record