Windows 10: Mic detected, but no input.

Discus and support Mic detected, but no input. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have my mic plugged in. Its using a split connecter, for the mic, and headset. I can hear perfectly fine, and windows detects both the mic and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nathan Underwoodreal, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Mic detected, but no input.

I have my mic plugged in. Its using a split connecter, for the mic, and headset. I can hear perfectly fine, and windows detects both the mic and the headset. keep in mind the mic is apart of the headset. I have tried everything with the wires, and nothing works. I can hear, but cant talk. Apps cant detect my voice, but windows detects that I have a microphone in the sound settings. Its not my headset, as it works perfectly fine on other devices. My windows is fully up to date. But I cant seem to find any way to fix this issue. Please help me fix this as I cant play with anyone without having to use my iPad to talk.

:)

Nathan Underwoodreal, Nov 12, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Nov 12, 2020
  3. jsinguito Win User
    My PC won't Detect any external mic input

Hi,

My laptop (Acer | Nitro AN515-52) won't detect any external mic input(earphone mic, headset mic) aside from it's

built-in mic. I've also noticed that these are the only playback devices displayed on the Recording tab

on the System Sounds Menu.

Mic detected, but no input. 8562d6af-b4c4-453d-b185-17f008e4689e?upload=true.png

Anyone got a solution for this?

I'd appreciate the help.

Thank you!

jsinguito, Nov 12, 2020
  4. markrobby Win User

Mic detected, but no input.

Earphone mic not being detected

Hi, I have an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52 with a single audio jack for sound+mic. I have Windows Audio driver because Realtek did not detect my headphones at all. Now I can only see my headphones as an output device but no input device at all but my earphones have a built-in/inline mic. I checked in the sound devices in the microphone tab but there is no headphone microphone (enabled option to show disabled devices). Please help.

markrobby, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

Mic detected, but no input.

1. Mic detected, but no input. - Similar Threads - Mic detected input

2. Mic not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic not detected: I have an IEM that has a mic and when i plug it in, it doesn't detect the mic. I have checked the recording tab of the sound control panel window and it only seems to detect my device as a headphone. Weirdly, when I use a usb-c to 3.5mm converter it detects the whole thing as...
  3. Mic not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic not detected: I have an IEM that has a mic and when i plug it in, it doesn't detect the mic. I have checked the recording tab of the sound control panel window and it only seems to detect my device as a headphone. Weirdly, when I use a usb-c to 3.5mm converter it detects the whole thing as...
  4. Headset Mic not working/Pc not detecting any input devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset Mic not working/Pc not detecting any input devices.: Hi so today i finally got my new pc but i ran into some issues in terms of input when i plug my current headset or any other one it won't detect it/ won't work my headsets are Rig 400 and Astro A10 if that matters and when i got to the audio device control panel it says...
  5. Headset Mic not working/Pc not detecting any input devices.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset Mic not working/Pc not detecting any input devices.: Hi so today i finally got my new pc but i ran into some issues in terms of input when i plug my current headset or any other one it won't detect it/ won't work my headsets are Rig 400 and Astro A10 if that matters and when i got to the audio device control panel it says...
  6. Mic detected but not receiving input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic detected but not receiving input: edition Windows 10 Home Single Language x64 version 20H2 installed in ‎04/‎03/‎2021 SO compilation 19042.631 Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0 I have an Acer aspire of around 3 years, in 04/03/2021 I clean reinstalled windows on it because I bought a Kingston 480...
  7. Windows not detecting mic input, can output audio just fine

Windows not detecting mic input, can output audio just fine: Hello. I've been having a big issue recently with windows audio input. I recently got a PC from my friend and everything is set up, but my mic cannot work no matter what I've tried. I'm using bose in ear earbuds wired and connecting them using a USB adapter turtle beach atlas...
  8. My PC won't Detect any external mic input

My PC won't Detect any external mic input: Hi, My laptop (Acer | Nitro AN515-52) won't detect any external mic input(earphone mic, headset mic) aside from it's built-in mic. I've also noticed that these are the only playback devices displayed on the Recording tab on the System Sounds Menu. [ATTACH] Anyone got...
  9. Not detecting any input whatsoever from my mic.

Not detecting any input whatsoever from my mic.: I can't hear anything from my microphone after messing around with this: [ATTACH] For some reason when I changed it back to it's original value (shown above), it doesn't detect ANY input from my mic anymore. Any ways to fix this? Many thanks, I've been struggling a lot....
  10. MIC IN is detecting only one channel and inputting 2 channel Mono

MIC IN is detecting only one channel and inputting 2 channel Mono: Win 10 x64 Dell Inspiron desktop PC I have a cassette player connected to the PC via an RCA to Stereo Plug cord. I have been moving audio from cassettes to the system via Audacity with this. I thought I heard something strange during a recording and pulled the Right channel...