Windows 10: Mic detected but not receiving input

Discus and support Mic detected but not receiving input in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; edition Windows 10 Home Single Language x64 version 20H2 installed in ‎04/‎03/‎2021 SO compilation 19042.631 Windows Feature Experience Pack... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rafaelroquec, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Mic detected but not receiving input

edition Windows 10 Home Single Language x64
    version 20H2
    installed in ‎04/‎03/‎2021
    SO compilation 19042.631
    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

I have an Acer aspire of around 3 years, in 04/03/2021 I clean reinstalled windows on it because I bought a Kingston 480 SSD, and my previous HDD just died, around 3 days ago from today I noticed my microphone was not working correctly but it was working normally before, apparently it suddenly stopped working (it is not the first time this same error occurred), so I tried troubleshooting it again.

details on my attempts, the mic is detected by the system, the sound of my laptop works, the mic is enabled in the privacy configs for the desired software, the drivers are updated, if I open software that uses the mic, the mic symbol appears in the toolbar showing what software is using it, but if I say anything no audio is sent, if I record something I can hear the static sound, It is not the first time this same problem occur, previously it stopped I tried to solve, gave up, and after some long time it worked again for no known reason, it was working correctly before changing to SSD and briefly time after, all different micrphones i insert in do not work, it is not only the laptop internal mic that does not work properly

Mic detected but not receiving input [​IMG]

:)

rafaelroquec, Mar 13, 2021
  2. JakeC2NZ Win User

Windows not receiving mic audio input

Hello, this is a common problem from what I've read so far. Summed up, Windows 10 detects my new headset's mic but is not receiving any audio input from it. When I speak or tap on the mic, no green bars appear in the sound menu as well as discord/windows
    voice recorder not detecting any input.

My rig:

Acer Predator, Windows 10 (Version 1809, build 17763.557)

My headset:

SteelSeries Arctis 5 (USB)

What I've tried so far:

I have tested my headset with my phone using a 3.5mm, and audio input/output worked normally. I also tested this with a different desktop running windows 10 and experienced the same problem.

1) Default microphone is set to Arctis 5 and enabled, all others are disabled

2) Audio enhancements are disabled

3) Volume is maxed in "levels" tab of microphone properties

3) Allow applications to take exclusive control is disabled

4) Fully updated windows

5) Reinstalled and attempted to update headset drivers (no updates)

6) Plugged in headset using every USB port

7) Ran audio troubleshooter, didn't help

8) Tried to configure mic, can't go past the part where windows asks you to speak into the mic because it doesn't detect any audio from it.

9) In Privacy, allowed all apps to access microphone

10) Downloaded steelseries' engine, program can't detect audio when trying a live mic test and it's pretty much useless for anything outside of tweaking sound settings

11) Connected headset using 3.5mm jack, both audio and microphone stopped working

12) And before anyone asks, yes I made sure the mic isn't muted by the headset itself

I have also looked for brand-specific drivers from steelseries but can't find any. I've tried everything I can think of and everything I've read online. Any help is appreciated, and if anyone wants additional information or screenshots just let me know.

JakeC2NZ, Mar 13, 2021
  3. Headset muting audio on receiving Mic input

I actually had this issue with my old headset and thought it was just the headset, but this one worked just fine, I was changing some sound settings to fix some audio lag I was getting, now this headset
    does the exact thing the old one did. I can't remember exactly what I changed, but it's weird, it only mutes audio when receiving mic input. I tested it with audacity while listening to music, if I press the record button it mutes my headphones to receive
    mic input.

Does anybody know how to fix this? I spent like 60$ on this headset because I thought the issue was the headset! It worked just fine a few days ago, I made phone calls with it. Now it mutes on mic input,
    so it kinda defeats the purpose of the headset. I can't make calls or play games because it mutes audio on input.

Mashimaro7, Mar 13, 2021
  4. fireberd Win User

Mic detected but not receiving input

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Mar 13, 2021
Thema:

Mic detected but not receiving input

1. Mic detected but not receiving input - Similar Threads - Mic detected receiving

2. Mic not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic not detected: I have an IEM that has a mic and when i plug it in, it doesn't detect the mic. I have checked the recording tab of the sound control panel window and it only seems to detect my device as a headphone. Weirdly, when I use a usb-c to 3.5mm converter it detects the whole thing as...
  3. Mic not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic not detected: I have an IEM that has a mic and when i plug it in, it doesn't detect the mic. I have checked the recording tab of the sound control panel window and it only seems to detect my device as a headphone. Weirdly, when I use a usb-c to 3.5mm converter it detects the whole thing as...
  4. Headset Mic not working/Pc not detecting any input devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset Mic not working/Pc not detecting any input devices.: Hi so today i finally got my new pc but i ran into some issues in terms of input when i plug my current headset or any other one it won't detect it/ won't work my headsets are Rig 400 and Astro A10 if that matters and when i got to the audio device control panel it says...
  5. Headset Mic not working/Pc not detecting any input devices.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset Mic not working/Pc not detecting any input devices.: Hi so today i finally got my new pc but i ran into some issues in terms of input when i plug my current headset or any other one it won't detect it/ won't work my headsets are Rig 400 and Astro A10 if that matters and when i got to the audio device control panel it says...
  6. Mic detected, but no input.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic detected, but no input.: I have my mic plugged in. Its using a split connecter, for the mic, and headset. I can hear perfectly fine, and windows detects both the mic and the headset. keep in mind the mic is apart of the headset. I have tried everything with the wires, and nothing works. I can hear,...
  7. Headset muting audio on receiving Mic input

Headset muting audio on receiving Mic input: I actually had this issue with my old headset and thought it was just the headset, but this one worked just fine, I was changing some sound settings to fix some audio lag I was getting, now this headset does the exact thing the old one did. I can't remember exactly what I...
  8. My PC won't Detect any external mic input

My PC won't Detect any external mic input: Hi, My laptop (Acer | Nitro AN515-52) won't detect any external mic input(earphone mic, headset mic) aside from it's built-in mic. I've also noticed that these are the only playback devices displayed on the Recording tab on the System Sounds Menu. [ATTACH] Anyone got...
  9. Windows not receiving mic audio input

Windows not receiving mic audio input: Hello, this is a common problem from what I've read so far. Summed up, Windows 10 detects my new headset's mic but is not receiving any audio input from it. When I speak or tap on the mic, no green bars appear in the sound menu as well as discord/windows voice recorder not...
  10. Not detecting any input whatsoever from my mic.

Not detecting any input whatsoever from my mic.: I can't hear anything from my microphone after messing around with this: [ATTACH] For some reason when I changed it back to it's original value (shown above), it doesn't detect ANY input from my mic anymore. Any ways to fix this? Many thanks, I've been struggling a lot....