Windows 10: Mic headset is not recognized + can't find any bluetooth device

Discus and support Mic headset is not recognized + can't find any bluetooth device in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I bought a new computer with motherboard Z790 UD AX and I have headset SteelSeries arctic 5.I'm trying to either connect the headset with cable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by nir cohen, May 27, 2023.

1. nir cohen Win User

Mic headset is not recognized + can't find any bluetooth device

Hello,I bought a new computer with motherboard Z790 UD AX and I have headset SteelSeries arctic 5.I'm trying to either connect the headset with cable or via Bluetooth but neither of them is working.The sound of the headphones is working, I've installed all of the required drivers and everything is updated used Gigabyte control center to download them, and checked if they are updated in the device manager.My headset audio jack is 3.5 mm separated to headphones and mic input cables.Bluetooth is on and as I said, it cant find any device even my Sony Bluetooth headphones which I connect to my p

:)

nir cohen, May 27, 2023
  2. Jterz Win User

Bluetooth Headset Mic not recognized by windows 10

Hi All-

I've recently been trying to troubleshoot my microphone issue with the Soundcore Liberty Air bluetooth headset. Windows would recognize the device as an audio input, but I could not get it to pick up any signal from the mic. I have no issues when pairing
    this headset to my phone, so it is a known-good mic.

Initially, my PC recognized the device as two entities, both a headset, and headphones. I thought that might have something to do with the problem. I followed a troubleshooting guide I found here:

How to Fix Bluetooth Headset Mic Not Working in Windows 10.

This advised removing the device, restarting the pc, and repairing the device, as well as restarting bluetooth services.

Now my PC only recognizes my device as a set of headphones and I do not even have the ability to troubleshoot my mic issues.

How do I get my PC to recognize and be able to hear my microphone?

Jterz, May 27, 2023
  3. IvanP91v Win User
    Bluetooth headset as a 3.5mm mic?

Hello everyone.

I got a weird question for ya.

I've tried several BT headsets as microphones for in-game communication, VOIP chat, vent, etc.
    I've tried Plantronics M55, M70, Some Bluetooth 4.0 headset with "HD audio" and some old Nokia models, bunch of em with various protocol support, hands-free, A2DP, and various Bluetooth USB dongles 2.0 to 4.0

The problem is, all Bluetooth mics are extremely quiet AND pick up lots of noise (even if they are noise-cancelling). I've been reading threads from all over trying to figure out to make me sound clearer and louder, but the problem presists. I've ruled out hardware issues since ive tried different bt adapters, headsets, etc.

On the other hand, the 3.5mm mic that I have, even the super cheap ones, all sound super loud and clear.

Is there anything else I can possibly try to fix this?

Cause as the topic states
    : the only idea that I have is, and it probably wont work - can I connect some BT to 3.5mm receiver to the mic port, and pair a bt headset to it, so Windows treats it like 3.5mm mic instead of a regular headset? And if I do that, how can I still hear others over the same BT headset if its paired to the adapter/receiver?

I need it to be wireless, 3.5 obviously isnt.

I've checked a bunch of receivers - they all have the same problem, they can't receive and transmit at the same time to emulate a 3.5mm mic.

For now I turned myself up in Vent, so im louder, but it also increases my background noise or something, my room is quiet, on 3.5mm in loud and clear.

Is there a bluetooth headset that guaranteed to be loud and clear? That has extensive mic control in Windows?

Thanks.
    *55644-060bc2f238835be34d7240621af50ad4.jpg* *55645-79381b32f859cfd2d971538400061d99.jpg*

IvanP91v, May 27, 2023
  4. Mic headset is not recognized + can't find any bluetooth device

Computer won't recognize headset microphone

Mic headset is not recognized + can't find any bluetooth device 91716d1485969637t-computer-wont-recognize-headset-microphone-447581eb7e.png

This is what i see in device manager. Im not sure if the Speakers/Headphones (Realtek High Definition Audio) is the one your saying to disable, as that is what is default in playback devices in the sounds panel.

Setting Stereo Mix as the default recording device and disabling everything else still didnt get the mic working, even when the headset is plugged into the microphone only audio port or the mic + sound audio port.

Aaeeschylus, May 27, 2023
Thema:

Mic headset is not recognized + can't find any bluetooth device

1. Mic headset is not recognized + can't find any bluetooth device - Similar Threads - Mic headset recognized

2. Bluetooth not recognizing any devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth not recognizing any devices: Hi everyone, i recently bought a slate computer, however i am having problems connecting bluetooth devices to it as it doesnt recognize anything at all. i tried to update drivers, this platform is not allowing me to upload images is there any other way i can provide...
  3. Bluetooth not recognizing any devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth not recognizing any devices: Hi everyone, i recently bought a slate computer, however i am having problems connecting bluetooth devices to it as it doesnt recognize anything at all. i tried to update drivers, this platform is not allowing me to upload images is there any other way i can provide...
  4. Windows 11 can't find headset mic.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 can't find headset mic.: Just purchased a new gaming computer. I have speakers set up to it, and wanted to use my Fusion headset and mic. When I plug the headset into the headset port on top of the computer, my headphones work, but windows 11 doesn't detect a mic. If I plug it into the mic port, the...
  5. Mic headset is not recognized + can't find any bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic headset is not recognized + can't find any bluetooth device: Hello,I bought a new computer with motherboard Z790 UD AX and I have headset SteelSeries arctic 5.I'm trying to either connect the headset with cable or via Bluetooth but neither of them is working.The sound of the headphones is working, I've installed all of the required...
  6. Bluetooth not finding any devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth not finding any devices: Recently I have tried to connect some Bluetooth devices headphones, PS5 controller to my windows machine but when going to settings > Bluetooth & other devices > Add Bluetooth or other device > Bluetooth, none of the devices I'm trying to connect are showing up. Only a single...
  7. Bluetooth not finding new headset device

Bluetooth not finding new headset device: I have a Sony Vaio SVF 15A 16CXB and trying to connect ifidelity Bluetooth headphones to it. The computer looks for the device, but can't find it 15 minutes of looking and just continues to look for it until I close out the device manager. I have other devices connected to...
  8. Bluetooth Headset Mic not recognized by windows 10

Bluetooth Headset Mic not recognized by windows 10: I recently purchased a pair of Soundcore Life P2 ear buds. The buds pair fine with my Android phone and one Windows 10 PC. It works fine as a headset with the microphone recognized. I have one Windows 10 machine where the P2 are recognized as only stereo headphones. I...
  9. Bluetooth can't find any nearby devices

Bluetooth can't find any nearby devices: I have a laptop SAMSUNG NOTEBOOK NP300 My Bluetooth device is active, No antivirus is installed except Windows Defender. Problem: Whenever I try to pair with a device it kept on searching in ADD A DEVICE. I've tried troubleshooting and try to update the driver from...
  10. Bluetooth Headset Mic not recognized by windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth Headset Mic not recognized by windows 10: Hi All- I've recently been trying to troubleshoot my microphone issue with the Soundcore Liberty Air bluetooth headset. Windows would recognize the device as an audio input, but I could not get it to pick up any signal from the mic. I have no issues when pairing this...