Windows 10: Mic in earphones issue

Discus and support Mic in earphones issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 7567 gaming laptop. I have issues with external mic or mic in earphones or headsets. They used to work perfectly fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SripadKulkarni, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Mic in earphones issue

Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron 7567 gaming laptop. I have issues with external mic or mic in earphones or headsets. They used to work perfectly fine about till previous month or two.. I don't know what happened, now windows doesn't detected them.. Whenever i connect any of my earphones with mic, which used to work perfectly with my laptop, the playback device is detected but the recording device isn't.. The Waves pop up appears where there no mic device listed.. neither in the windows sound settings.. Laptop's internal mic works fine.. But doesn't detect external mic.. it appears as if i have not connected any mic..

Please help me out fixing this issue..

Thank you.

:)

SripadKulkarni, Nov 22, 2018
  2. n-ster Win User

Earphone w/mic problem... the earphones are acting as a mic!

its annoying.. I need to use my mic, but the earphone is acting like a mic, not the mic! its one of those earphones w/mic for iphone

on my desktop I successfully can use it as a mic, but on my netbook I can't

n-ster, Nov 22, 2018
  3. ABY
    aby Win User
    Earphones Mic not working

Hi all,I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5577 Gaming laptop, running Windows 10 Version 1803 build 17134.165. My laptop has one 3.5 mm jack where I plug my Earpods (Apple's earphones with mic) to use it as headphones and mic always works but yesterday out of nowhere it stopped working. I checked my Earpods with my iPhone and the mic would work just fine but not with the laptop.

Realtek audio driver is already installed but there's no realteks audio icon to configure or make changes. When I connect my Earpods, I can hear through them but the mic doesn't work however if I speak close to the internal mic I can see that green bar moving up which exists in Sounds>Recording.

I updated the Intel graphic driver to the latest version 2 days ago and the Mic would work fine.

Few steps which I tried to fix the issue but didn't help:

1) Tried to setup mic: No go
    2) Tried reinstalling/updating audio drivers: No go
    3) Checked Microphone privacy settings and its ON
    4) Unchecked Allow application to take exclusive control of this device: No go

Can someone help me on this?
    Thank you

4. Mic in earphones issue

Mic issue with earphones/headphones

Hello,

I have an issue with the audio recording/input device.. My laptop doesn't recognize the mic present in the earphones.. Everything was alright about a month ago.. Whenever i used to connect my earphones, the mic used to get switched to it.. Now there's no
    option for the external mic in sound settings.. I see a Speaker/Headphones combined option for playback but when it comes to recording devices, the only option i have is the default internal mic.. The mic in the earphones doesn't show up.. The earphones absolutely
    work very well with my phone.. I have also tried using other earphones.. The mic isn't detected.. All my earphones are being treated as if they don't have a mic in them.. Tried reinstalling drivers, tried searching for solutions on the internet.. Didn't find
    anything.. They used to work about a month ago but i don't know what happened suddenly.. As per my guess, this problem started after the recent windows October update..

My laptop model is Dell Inspiron 7567..

Thank you.

SripadKulkarni, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

Mic in earphones issue

1. Mic in earphones issue - Similar Threads - Mic earphones issue

2. earphone with mic not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    earphone with mic not working: i have a earphone with mic when i plug it in my phone it works and when i plug it in my dell optiplex 3020 the earphones are working but mic not also i have tried plugging in all ports even if the mic works i am fine cuz i have external speakers please help me...
  3. earphone with mic not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    earphone with mic not working: i have a earphone with mic when i plug it in my phone it works and when i plug it in my dell optiplex 3020 the earphones are working but mic not also i have tried plugging in all ports even if the mic works i am fine cuz i have external speakers please help me...
  4. earphone with mic not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Earphone mic not detecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Earphone mic not detecting: I plugged in some earphones and it asked me "Is it a headset, microphone or earphones". I pressed headset on accident and clicked don't ask me again. How do I bring up the option to choose again?Now all the devices I plug in are treated as microphones, which means my...
  6. earphone mic not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    earphone mic not detected: Hello everyoneI'm using Haylou W1 and it work for playing music but not for meeting because the mic is not detected in input deviceWhen I'm trying to look into device manager the headset is disconnected but it don't want to be connectedis there anything that I need to do so I...
  7. earphone mic not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    earphone mic not detected: Hello everyoneI'm using Haylou W1 and it work for playing music but not for meeting because the mic is not detected in input deviceWhen I'm trying to look into device manager the headset is disconnected but it don't want to be connectedis there anything that I need to do so I...
  8. earphone mic not detected

9. earphone mic problems

earphone mic problems: i recently bought a temp microphone, its earphones and they have a microphone but the mic is on the ears, like the thing u put in your ears, rather than on the mic itself, the earphones are apple, just the normal earphones and its really annoying me!...
  10. earphone mic

in Windows 10 Customization
    earphone mic: will my earphone mic work on windows 10 which has 1 jack?? or i have to use headphones? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/earphone-mic/3149f6b8-72fa-446b-ad3e-c19af9d11f83